Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688599 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2370 on: October 31, 2021, 10:32:10 AM »
Man Les, that's an amazing view.

It is beautiful in winter when we are surrounded by snow covered mountains.

My wife and I had dinner with my sister and her husband last night. We ate at our favorite restaurant where my BIL has known the owner/world class chef for many years. The owner insisted on doing their 1 year anniversary and delayed wedding reception back in August barely a week after he had his house burn down in the Tamarack fire. When my sister put out a boot at the reception to collect money for the fire victims it inspired the restaurant manager to hold a fundraiser for the fire victims. The event raised over $80,000 and each family burned out received about $7,000. That is pretty incredible for a small community. The employees the wife works with had already given their fellow employee who lost his home in the fire about $3,000. The county has waived all permit fees for the people to rebuild their lost homes.

We feel very fortunate to live in such a wonderful and caring community especially in these trying times.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2371 on: October 31, 2021, 12:03:35 PM »

..........We feel very fortunate to live in such a wonderful and caring community especially in these trying times.

To live in such a community where neighbor help each other is truly a blessing. We've been fortunate in that regard as well.

Offline john k

« Reply #2372 on: October 31, 2021, 10:11:32 PM »
Today remounted a front tire on my Farmall 460.   Been leaking at the bead, tubeless of course.  Went to the farm supply in town, found a new in the box inner tube for the 11L x 15, flotation type tire.  Had previously removed the tire, cleaned and painted the rim, but the tire was hard enough to not seal evidently.  Anyways, got home, slid the tube in, right from the box, I usually inflate them first to get the kinks out.  Wrestled the tire back on.   Been doing this since the 60s so did not pinch the tube, before you ask.   Started inflation and BLAM, I thought the inner bead seated.  Nope, wouldnt take any more air.   Pulled out the tube,  eight inch long split.   Back to town, 10 miles each way.   Found it was a too small tube, misboxed.   The next tube had a clearer size stamping, and much bigger.   Put it on, inflated it, all good.  Tried to put it on, wide front axle.  Hydraulic jack bled down,  wouldnt go up that last inch.   Walk to the barn,  get arm load of wood blocks, block it, rejack it.  Done, finally.   

Offline muddy

« Reply #2373 on: November 13, 2021, 08:52:53 PM »
Little Lucy went to the doctors for a fever she couldn't kick the last few days. Doc said it's RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) a nastier version of the cold. They put her on steroids and did a bunch of tests. Tonight she was the good old Lucy we knew playing around and smiling. Let's hope she kicks it.

Sam and I Worked on stripping down Lucy's pedal tractor, while she was away. Also replaced the front wheel bearing/hub on the Olds.

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2374 on: November 14, 2021, 08:13:44 AM »
Been doing what I've done for the past three weeks -- organizing and outfitting my garage. Finished putting up pegboard and heavy duty shelves on the walls. Still have a lot of boxes and crates to unpack, but last week I managed to get the lathe and the milling machine back on their benches and moved into their final position. Thank god for engine hoists.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2375 on: November 14, 2021, 11:22:05 AM »
Been doing what I've done for the past three weeks -- organizing and outfitting my garage. Finished putting up pegboard and heavy duty shelves on the walls. Still have a lot of boxes and crates to unpack, but last week I managed to get the lathe and the milling machine back on their benches and moved into their final position. Thank god for engine hoists.
Glad you are making progress Ray. An engine hoist is a lifesaver if you don't have a forklift and need to move something heavy and raise it up and place it.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2376 on: November 14, 2021, 08:41:42 PM »
NAPA has a 50% off oil sale, spend a hundred free shipping, few hundred later & ready.
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2377 on: November 15, 2021, 11:56:10 AM »
Good idea to stockpile a little while it’s cheap/available.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
what did you do today?
« Reply #2378 on: November 16, 2021, 10:30:59 AM »
Good idea to stockpile a little while it’s cheap/available.
That holds true for a lot of items. Stock up on some necessities while you can. My personal opinion FWIW is that we are in for a rough winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2379 on: November 17, 2021, 05:52:10 AM »
I went to the AGM of my offroad racing club tonight. Half the club members live in an area that is in lockdown and includes our normal meeting venue. One of our members, who lives and works outside the lockdown area, offered the meeting room at his offices for those who could attend; he has video conferencing facilities for those people who couldn't attend and wanted to dial in. Luckily the lockdown was lifted in the area yesterday so those who wanted to attend could.

We had been asked to RSVP for "refreshment" purposes. When I got there Dion had their trailerised double BBQ fired up and "beer was in the fridge".

He is the production manager of NZ's biggest landscape supply company and this is their main, and original, production site. I had a snoop over the wall at what they had parked up.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 05:56:00 AM by Rural53 »

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #2380 on: November 17, 2021, 04:33:30 PM »
Mmmm Possum patties. :character0029:
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2381 on: November 18, 2021, 02:01:43 AM »
Nope, don't need to eat those, only Aussssies eat weird stuff like that. Did you not notice the big bit of steak! The two types of patties were beef and lamb.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2382 on: November 18, 2021, 07:05:46 AM »

With coon fat gravy??😋😋

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2383 on: November 18, 2021, 04:03:35 PM »

It's a carne ratta!  :D

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #2384 on: November 19, 2021, 12:19:45 AM »
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?