Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688671 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2385 on: November 19, 2021, 07:11:57 AM »
Never tried possum, but wouldn't mind trying. Folks in rural WV where I used to live back in the day used to eat it regularly. Amazing critter these little guys.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2386 on: November 19, 2021, 10:15:30 PM »
I haven't it tried it either. Evidently, according to survival book I read years ago, there is a gland you need to remove under the tail that taints the meat if you don't.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2387 on: November 19, 2021, 10:48:31 PM »
Last Monday I got a text "You ready to get that gmc gone cheep yet haha". So after a phone call on Tuesday afternoon I'd sold my '93 Sierra 2500 back to Gene, my mate who I'd bought it off in 2013. Tuesday night he transferred the money into my account.

I used it as my tow wagon for a few years until it dropped a push rod into the sump. Evidently the 6.5 diesels do that when the plastic spacers between the rockers fall to bits allowing the rockers to move. While that was being repaired I bought the Navara. Once fixed it got used occasionally then parked up.

Friday I went and bought a couple of new batteries for it. Thursday after work I installed them.

It might have been parked up for a while, the wild cherry tree does grow quick.

I did have a solution.

Checked that it had oil, water, etc, hit the key and backed it out.

Half an hour with the water blaster and it was looking more presentable.

Interesting finds under the seat. This 3/8 Blackhawk set came from someone on here.

There were a couple of these as well but I've already spent one.

I took it for a drive to the transfer station to dump the remains of the old fence, and the cherry tree, that was on the back. Down the expressway part of the trip I remembered why I liked driving the big lopping diesel V8.

Gene came and picked it up this morning.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 10:56:29 PM by Rural53 »

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2388 on: November 20, 2021, 07:17:02 AM »
If you'd sold it over in my part of the US you would have received top dollar. All used pickups are getting radicicolous money around here, but used diesels are through the roof. Independent contractors around here start bidding wars on those vehicles. The market may be different in NZ, but that's a great looking truck, and your friend is lucky to get it back.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 07:33:28 AM by goodfellow »

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2389 on: November 20, 2021, 08:55:57 AM »

Interesting finds under the seat. This 3/8 Blackhawk set came from someone on here.

Cleaned up nicely!

The ratchet in that BH set looks a heck of a lot like an old Indestro I have. Gotta be some shared technology there, right?

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #2390 on: November 20, 2021, 09:50:39 AM »
Saw a bald eagle a half mile from the house, while on a bike ride. Majestic. Just hanging out in a tree, looking down. Not a care in the world. About 50ft away.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2391 on: November 20, 2021, 01:07:19 PM »
Saw a bald eagle a half mile from the house, while on a bike ride. Majestic. Just hanging out in a tree, looking down. Not a care in the world. About 50ft away.

Love watching Eagles. We will have plenty of them in the valley when calving season runs Feb-Mar.

Offline muddy

« Reply #2392 on: November 22, 2021, 08:47:02 PM »
Yesterday I helped replace my left rear wheel bearing...

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2393 on: November 23, 2021, 01:24:47 PM »
I found this ........ BFD  :-\ Lots of jacks BFDs  :D  That's a funny bunch of folks .
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
what did you do today?
« Reply #2394 on: November 23, 2021, 02:51:59 PM »
Yesterday I helped replace my left rear wheel bearing...

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman
Come-on Tim - the kid obviously needs a big hammer to finish the job. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2395 on: November 23, 2021, 05:00:01 PM »
Bigger hammer!  :D

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2396 on: November 23, 2021, 06:44:38 PM »
He obviously had it well under control. :bravo_2:

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2397 on: December 02, 2021, 08:38:37 PM »
had to get a new phone and plan today. Jumped up from a 5S to a 12mini. Damn they've come a long way in just a few years. I wanted a smaller phone and the mini fits the bill. My work phone is a regular 12 and once it gets a case its too big to drop in a shirt pocket.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2398 on: December 08, 2021, 04:13:47 PM »
Went to Costco and got a new battery for the wife's Tribeca. Group 35 Interstate was $107 out the door and has a 3 year free replacement warranty. Her current Interstate battery was over 5 years old and starting to drag a little on mornings in the teens or 20's. I took the 11 year old battery out of the forklift as a core. My Interstate battery in the Tacoma is 5 years old but still strong so that battery will go in the forklift and I'll buy one for the truck. The Pathfinder is due for a battery also.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2399 on: December 08, 2021, 05:11:39 PM »
Replaced the sir filter on the Astro, and went down to O'reillys to get a spare for storage. $21 and change! Geez, it's just paper and foam! But cheaper than a worn engine.

Repainted my big tool box I got 2 months ago, and decided to make it my carpenter tools box. Gotta say, I was surprised how many wood working tools I've got! Two injections of hand planes from friends gives me 9, plus 2 claw hammers, universal square, plomb bob, chalk line, assorted chisels, tape measures, razor knives, and small level. Got a 3 foot level from the FIL, plus Skil brand circular saw, two hand saws, and 2 Sawzalls. Show me the blueprints!  :D