Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688666 times)

Offline muddy

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2460 on: January 27, 2022, 11:19:43 AM »
Had a national antique truck show years ago in Baltimore and it was quite cool. 

Truck shows here tend to be regional and aren't close to us.  I would attend something local but won't drive 3 hours for one.

Now steam shows, there are likely 6 or more every year within an hour from me.  I normally hit one or 2 of them
Have you ever been to the Rough and Tumble, in Kinzers PA  for their Annual Threshemans Reunion? Great show. Maybe a bit far for you not sure.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline walrus

« Reply #2461 on: January 27, 2022, 04:04:44 PM »
Owls Head Transportation Musuem had a great truck show last year. I think being cooped up with the pandemic brought people out in droves. Trucks from all over New England. Some of the coolest old Macks you will ever see. One guy spent 8 years restoring this old Mack, it was beautiful. If I could post pictures easier I'd post a bunch.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2462 on: January 27, 2022, 05:22:52 PM »
Muddy, never been to the Kinser show

Offline walrus

« Reply #2463 on: January 30, 2022, 08:30:38 AM »
Cleaned up snow, not as much as predicted but enough to make it a pain. Winds yesterday were unreal.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #2464 on: February 01, 2022, 08:35:01 PM »
I'll admit that I don't utilize my main box in the shop as much as I should since I have a pegboard,  I have utilized the top of this box and the tray even less than I do the box in general aside from all the pliers in the bottom drawer.
Hell from the day my dad brought it home from my grandfathers shop when I was 7 the top was never opened till my dad gave it to me about 10 years ago.

I'm starting to rethink some things and wanting to really set this box up better, so I reorganized it yesterday and today I found a better place to put it so I can actually get Into the top.

I set the tray up as a good basic 3/8 and 1/4" assortment I can easily grab and work from as intended, it'll probably be the first time that tray was really utilized since my grandfather was a routine service tech for the local Highway patrol station back in the 70's.

Always lookin' to learn

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2465 on: February 06, 2022, 04:58:08 AM »
Saturday morning's little job, drive a hour south to do the annual compliance inspection on two buggies. These are at each end of the class scale, Class 1 Open Class (Over 1650cc) and Class 7 (1200cc VW).

Recently (in the last few years) imported Hustler Concepts Pro Buggy with a 2.4 Ecotec. This is an unusual chassis as it is constructed of 44mm/1.75" tube instead of the usual 32mm/1.25" tube.

A Class 7 - 1200 VW Beetle engine, gearbox, front axle and suspension. It is a stock class with very few modifications allowed. This is a 1990's NZ factory built Cougar chassis.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 04:59:43 AM by Rural53 »

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2466 on: February 15, 2022, 12:22:15 PM »
My buggy was a JSC Hi Jumper copy, and I miss having it. Not too many buggies in the area behind our house. Venture off the main wide roads and you will be eating brush and tree branches in your face. Take a truck on the smaller roads and trails and you will get Nevada Pinstripes. Motorcycles, quads and side-by-sides rule here.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2467 on: February 15, 2022, 07:02:21 PM »
Went to TSC to get a box of fire starter squares and got the last box. I try to keep 2+ boxes on hand as I break each square in half to start a fire in the stove and these work great. Then I did my check of the clearance section which I do every visit and bingo. There on the shelf was an outdoor deep fryer and the wife had just told me last night that she wanted one. It was $20 off which made it very reasonably priced.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 07:11:22 PM by DeadNutz »

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2468 on: February 15, 2022, 07:26:41 PM »
Cant beat 20% off.

I always cruise by the sale area at TSC. They put some of the oddest things there. A while back they had several boxes of 6011 rods marked down 50%. I figured they were getting out of the Hobart line so I grabbed them. Walking out thru the welding section and there was more boxes there, just at 100% priced?

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2469 on: February 15, 2022, 08:08:37 PM »
Actually the $20 off was 33% off. I buy quite a bit of stuff from the clearance shelves and also got a 3 pack of replacement abrasive blaster nozzles for $1.49 which was a buck off. My all-time best clearnce items was two 25lb buckets of 1-1/2 fence staples reduced from $35 each to $5.27 each. I have been working out of one bucket when I replace the 5" peeler core fence posts on the perimeter of the property and will probably never get into the 2nd bucket even if I replace 50 or more posts. The 2nd bucket is like money in the bank.

I also scored on my Hobart welder when an employee put the clearance sticker on the wrong box and I got it for over 50% off. I am so glad they built a TSC in our town and when I go to Carson City for lunch at the airport on Fridays I often check the clearance rack at the TSC up there.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2470 on: February 16, 2022, 08:30:05 AM »
I will have to start checking the clearance aisle more closely.  I normally see the junk tools and keep moving :))

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2471 on: February 16, 2022, 09:09:53 AM »
I will have to start checking the clearance aisle more closely.  I normally see the junk tools and keep moving :))

Same here Phil, I usually just walk on by. That said, I'll need to pay more attention to the clearances as well. There may be a few treasures in there every now and then. TSC in my area is a big deal. We're semi-rural; meaning that we now get a large suburban influx coming this way, but TSC still carries the rural AG staples in large quantities.

Offline eborcim

« Reply #2472 on: February 16, 2022, 09:59:01 AM »
Our TSC and the local F&H store have clearance sections, but usually just fluff that does not move (toys, pet stuff, gimmicks).  What is there is marked up then priced down  :))

Offline muddy

« Reply #2473 on: February 16, 2022, 08:03:58 PM »
I go to the clearance isle in every store I go to

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2474 on: February 18, 2022, 07:41:51 AM »
Rarely eat fast food but stopped by Wendys and got a sausage, egg and cheese and man was it good.  Fresh fried egg makes all the difference and the sausage was spicy :-*