Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688667 times)

Offline fatfillup

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2475 on: February 18, 2022, 08:32:04 AM »
Oh yeah, tested positive for covid.  Was sick Monday into Tuesday and got tested.  Have felt pretty good since except for cold symptoms.  Really wasn't all that sick anyway, slight fever, headache and tired.  Mama has tested negative so far.

We have been taking C and D for a few years and recently added Zinc. I believe this has helped along with vax.  Staying at the new house for a few days, making a list of stuff we need for stay overs, forgot my tooth brush and shaving kit :c002:

Offline john k

« Reply #2476 on: February 18, 2022, 03:11:36 PM »
Camping out then.  Heat and lights and all that?

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2477 on: February 18, 2022, 04:02:49 PM »
Sorry to hear it Phil. Hope the mild symptoms will prevail for the duration. Good luck to you and the Mrs. God bless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2478 on: February 18, 2022, 04:56:44 PM »
Camping out then.  Heat and lights and all that?

Heat, lights, and all normal stuff.  Lady left a lot of her stuff, about 70% but no frying pan :))  Had eggs, no way to cook them

.  No cable or internet but dvd player and a stash of movies.

Not one comfortabe chair in the living room.  :c002:

Still feeling pretty good, took a long nap this afternoon

Thanks for asking

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2479 on: February 18, 2022, 07:29:02 PM »
U can make tolerable scrambled eggs in the microwave. Those years of shift work were spent figuring out important things like that :lol_hitting:

Good luck Phil. I hope the boredom is the worst symptom you see.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2480 on: February 21, 2022, 04:59:51 AM »
Well yesterday, four hour round trip to do Annual Compliance Inspection on one of our club member's Yamaha YXZ.

His race trailer has a nice feature, the whole side opens making it easy to tie the YXZ down and provides shade.

He runs a transport business based on roll back trucks.

Leisureline build 15 to 18 of these caravans a week and he delivers all of them direct to customers.

Boat trailer Tetris anyone?

As well as DMW boat trailers he also carts conventional Kea brand trailers.

More and more farmers are asking for their new SAM fertiliser spreaders to be  delivered by roll back as they don't have to worry about finding a loading bank to unload them.

From something that is built in NZ and exported to Australia to something imported from Italy, Antonio Carraro articulated tractors.

A few boats stored in the yard.

A couple of photo stops on the way home.

At the end of his road.

An abandoned house I've been meaning to stop and get a photo of for a few years now.

The view from the boat ramp across the lake to Atiamuri Dam with the Pohaturoa lava dome in the background.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 05:01:55 AM by Rural53 »

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2481 on: February 21, 2022, 08:44:13 PM »
Also in my travels on Sunday, driving in the drive way at a friends place. I was waiting for a bloke with a hockey mask and a scythe to appear!!

Offline muddy

« Reply #2482 on: February 22, 2022, 08:16:05 PM »

More and more farmers are asking for their new SAM fertiliser spreaders to be  delivered by roll back as they don't have to worry about finding a loading bank to unload them.

From something that is built in NZ and exported to Australia to something imported from Italy, Antonio Carraro articulated tractors.

They would use a low boy or detach for those fertilizers around here. Farmer could back up and hook right on to them and pull them off the trailer.

Also those are unique looking tractors

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2483 on: February 25, 2022, 05:17:00 PM »
Babysitting cyclekart builders met up at the motorsport park.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2484 on: February 25, 2022, 08:15:06 PM »
Well, managed to survive the day without too much carnage.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 04:02:56 PM by Rural53 »

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2485 on: February 26, 2022, 04:01:51 PM »

Also those are unique looking tractors

Yes, articulated vineyard/orchard tractors. The kiwifruit orchard I worked on when I was in high school in the late 80's had Ferrari and Holder (German) articulated tractors in the 40hp size range. They were interesting to drive because they turned so fast but were OK once you got used to them.

Note on the Ferrari the steering wheel is on the front section while on the Holder the steering wheel is on the rear section with the driver.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 04:05:37 PM by Rural53 »

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2486 on: February 26, 2022, 07:16:18 PM »
I had a guy who worked for me that had a couple of the Pasqauli? machines like those. He swore the 30HP pasquali would outwork a 50HP US style tractor.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2487 on: February 28, 2022, 05:16:19 AM »
After finishing with the cyclekarts on Saturday I headed over the hill to do the Annual Compliance check on three UTVs for a father and son that race in our club and a fourth for another club member that had organised to be there as well.

As I left the alternator light came on. This wasn't unexpected it had been making a terrible noise for a couple of weeks and my mate who owns a automotive workshop had ordered a replacement for me on Thursday. It started charging again halfway home. this afternoon he fitted for me. This 1956 Chevrolet 1300 was parked outside. It has a few modern up grades, 350ci V8 and modern auto so it goes and vacuum boosted brakes so it stops, otherwise fairly original.

I picked up the folding cart for my bbq that has been on back order since before Christmas.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2488 on: March 05, 2022, 07:43:25 PM »
Busy, AM gathered all the pots, put them in one place, cleaning up the gardens & yard.

We are getting 150 bails of pine straw installed on the 10th, the ultimate weed control.

Then 3gallons of weed killer were sprayed, mowed, and edged. Hit a rebar spike, took 2 chunks

out to the blade I just repaired, so get to do it again, practice makes perfect as they say LMAO

Laid on the couch for an hour or so, back outside, uncovered the Mustang and went for the annual spring ride.

Going to meet up with some Mustang folks tomorrow, will stay for a shot while. I get bored fast, standing around, I take the camera never know what could show up.

Come home repair a broken outside water pipe that feeds the wife's greenhouse, as expected the winter burst the PVC.

Then hit the blade grind it back weld a new edge, cut & balance, make it whole.

Loving the weather I can tell you that.
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2489 on: March 05, 2022, 08:11:32 PM »
This morning I helped a buddy recovered his dads tractor from the woods for the second time. About 10 years ago I got it running enough we could haul it to his moms house after dad had passed. His mom passed last year and he's selling the house so he wanted to pull it up to the carport till he could decide what to do with it next. Cut all the trees out of it. aired the tires up and it went along easily.

Came home and planted, yellow squash, and pole beans in the garden. Replanted the corn that never came up. Too cold last month. We try to get corn in before Valentines day so it can make before it gets too hot. Well we got a freeze the next week.

The ex came by and cleaned out the green house. I'm done with that now. I'm thinking about changing the lexan roof out for R panel and making more storage out of it.