Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688666 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2490 on: March 05, 2022, 08:36:50 PM »
I thought about planting this morning but we had snow showers all day so I just planted my butt in the recliner for a while. :lol_hitting:

Offline muddy

« Reply #2491 on: March 06, 2022, 09:51:33 PM »
Did some shopping with Lucy. We went to harbor freight. Grabbed some more wire wheels, and alligator clips for making jumpers.

Also found these while there. I plan to make a write-up in the next week or so. (I'm having trouble uploading pictures right now)

https://www.harborfreight.com/search?q=Ultra%20grip

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2492 on: March 07, 2022, 02:51:40 AM »
Busy weekend. This Saturday we we're supposed to be running the first North Island round of the National Off-road Racing Championships. Due to restrictions placed on the number of people that can attend events due COVID it was cancelled earlier in the year. At our last club meeting one of our club partners and racers offered to put up $1,500 as prize money for a March Madness race event.

When I was doing the Annual Compliance Inspection on his race car the weekend before we were looking at the weather forecast and there was no rain forecast. Dion commented he would have to arrange a water cart as our track gets very dusty when it drys out. I got this photo text to me on Friday at lunchtime with the comment "This is on the way to the track shortly. Two water carts tomorrow. "

Saturday morning I headed up to the track. First we scarified the track to open it up so it would accept water.

Then it got watered for several hours.

I left them to it early afternoon as I still had some cars to do Annual Compliance Inspection on. The last thing they did before they left was roll it with a rubber tyred Cambridge roller.

I headed back into town and did the inspection on as Class 1 buggy then headed to my mate's place to do the inspection on his son's UTV and a couple Kiwi Trucks from Auckland.

The kids headed a mile up the road to pick up a $50 couch they had seen on FB Marketplace.

Evidently there was a pool table for sale as well so they were given $100 and told to go back and get that as well.

After bbq'ed pork brisket for dinner I headed home to finish the paperwork for Sunday. A quick stop at the bottle store for supplies was in order.
Even here everyone is jumping on the bandwagon, they were pushing  Ukrainian vodka.

Sunday was hot, busy and successful.

Everyone that started the feature race went in the draw for a share of the prize money. Adults 1st $600, 2nd $300, 3rd $200, Kiwi Trucks 1st $250, 2nd $100, 3rd $50. As there were only two Kiwi Trucks in the feature we made 2nd $150.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 02:55:03 AM by Rural53 »

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2493 on: March 07, 2022, 06:37:19 AM »
Got the chores out of the way, came home. Repiped the wife's greenhouse water feed. Change the angle so that the line will empty when purged for the winter weather.

Welded and balanced the mower blade, will install later. Got to test the new grinder stand. Not the stand exactly, but what it now allows me to do. The grinder has a vacuum port to hook a shop vac to. As it was the stand I was using did not have the room behind it to use that feature.

The side covers for the wheels can use some help. Need gaskets for a better seal, not a horrible fit, some gaps .020 ruffly, never the less hurts the efficiency. Some sheet gasket material and a ball-peen hammer will tidy that up.

Finding a source will be an adventure, once opon a time auto parts stores had it on the shilf.

At the part store, I can hear it now. counter boy " You have some gasket material", counter boy asks "what year is the car" so pathetic.

Finishing a project for a couple of guys. Parts made & now putting things together. About done there, now waiting for, how about this for a fastener name, sex bolts, learn something new every day LMAO.

Then dinner, cover the Mustang, called it a day.
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2494 on: March 17, 2022, 12:01:20 AM »
Called into question the marital status of my work minion's parents  :lol_hitting:

The young engineer that is my assistant on one of my current projects has had Covid and is still isolating for a few more days before he can come back to work. He has been staying at his girlfriend's parent's lake house. This morning while we were discussing a design issue he commented that he needed to shift inside and plug his laptop in. I asked him if he was on the deck and if he could see the lake. He said yes, so I called into question the marital status of his parents and told him to send me a photo.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2495 on: March 21, 2022, 08:28:14 PM »
Worked on getting my taxes ready for the accountant.  :41: :41:

I have a feeling its going to be bad news this year. Even the printer quit working. :33:

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2496 on: March 23, 2022, 10:01:53 PM »
According to DHL tracking it got delivered three hours ago. I still haven't got an irate phone call or email  O:-)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 10:04:30 PM by Rural53 »

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #2497 on: March 23, 2022, 10:47:20 PM »
Finished all the wood chipping I needed to do.
Now I've got 3 bins worth of chips I'm hoping somebody will want to take.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2498 on: March 24, 2022, 08:52:58 AM »
According to DHL tracking it got delivered three hours ago. I still haven't got an irate phone call or email  O:-)

Did you move to a new island or was a mistake made on delivery?

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2499 on: March 24, 2022, 11:16:10 AM »

But you know it’s coming. I’ve done the same a few times at Christmas 😁😁

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2500 on: March 24, 2022, 02:12:18 PM »
Not tool related, but my latest project is starting a garden. Yeah, I know - my name means farmer, but I can assure you I'm anything but! However, with the price of food skyrocketing  - and the doctor demanding I go vegetarian  - I figured I'd give gardening a shot. Heck, I've got the time.
I have a 12' circular flower bed recently vacated that's fed rainwater off the house, and dug up an 8'x 10" square lot. The one end of the square lot is our old rose bush area, so that soil is much better. Strained out the cleche, pebbles, bermuda grass roots and other debris, then bolstered with organic compost. Bought a bunch of heirloom seeds of various veggies I find palatable and hopefully will grow. If everything fails to come up or dies I can plant some decorative native flowers in the prepared areas and brighten up the yard!

Still have to build a chicken wire enclosure around then to keep out the cats and racoons, but I'm getting there. Man, farming is hard work!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 02:14:16 PM by bonneyman »

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2501 on: March 24, 2022, 02:33:44 PM »
Good luck George and I hope you have a green thumb. Your local Co-op Extension for a state university is a great resource. They can help you with soil requirements for your area, weeds, garden or crops. They also have plenty of info online or you can even drop by and they are happy to help you. Check it out.

https://extension.arizona.edu/

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #2502 on: March 24, 2022, 02:57:46 PM »
Yesterday I got my "free trailer" inspected at the DMV in order to start the bonded title process. It came with no title. Today I purchase a bond for it, and get that off to a start in order to get it in my name.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2503 on: March 24, 2022, 08:43:42 PM »

Did you move to a new island or was a mistake made on delivery?

I sent it from here in NZ to my uncle and aunt who live in Fiji. They run a PR company and one of their staff dropped one of their cameras recently. As no one, Amazon etc, will send stuff to Fiji, I sourced them a replacement lens and sent it to them. I made sure it was "safe" in transit. I also included a few memes and some of my photos within the layers.

But you know it’s coming. I’ve done the same a few times at Christmas 😁😁

I talked to them last night and didn't get a huge reaction. I'm claiming that it is not entirely my fault. My father shouldn't have told me this is how he used to wrap my aunt's Christmas presents when she was a teenager and he was first married to my mother  :character0029:

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2504 on: April 09, 2022, 01:31:18 AM »
Last night's effort, six 29m (95') Super-T beams placed between when the adjacent airport closed at 9pm and opened at 6am as the bridge is right in line with the runway.