Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688667 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2505 on: April 09, 2022, 06:13:31 AM »
Last night's effort, six 29m (95') Super-T beams placed between when the adjacent airport closed at 9pm and opened at 6am as the bridge is right in line with the runway.

Wow, pressure must have really been on to stay within that allotted time window.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2506 on: April 10, 2022, 06:15:16 AM »
Yes, Friday night was always going to be the pressure one. It was the first night on that structure, the traffic management required was more complex than last night for the second span and the airspace closure was shorter than last night. The first beam was lifted 45 minutes behind schedule. The last beam was unrigged from the crane at about 5am. Last night they installed the beams on the second span. They got access to the airspace earlier at 7:30pm and were finished by 2:45am.

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #2507 on: April 10, 2022, 09:31:02 AM »
Trailer light repurpose/upgrade has commenced.

I started work on the "free" quad trailer, where the title has all been sorted out and is now in hand. The lights, tho nice at the time it was manufactured are all smashed. Every single one.

My 16' call hauler has donated all of its lights to the quad trailer, and my squirrelling away of parts for the 16' lighting upgrade to LED has bore fruit after apparently 11 years as I read my receipts. I'm relocating the side marker lights to a more visible position since the Peterson armored side markers allow for that and the former ones had no armoring.

Good things take time.

Offline muddy

« Reply #2508 on: April 30, 2022, 09:00:57 PM »
Worked on putting the new steps on my pickup, as the old ones were rotting away.

The first one went well....

Then on the driver's side a body mount bolt snapped..... It's a bit rusted.....

Then I changed the oil in the mower, as I was going to take the drain oil to my buckets I spilled a fair amount on the mower.

It wasn't a great day for my luck, but I did make some delicious chicken for supper.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2509 on: April 30, 2022, 09:08:50 PM »
Good work Tim -- it rarely goes according to plan.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2510 on: May 01, 2022, 09:22:59 AM »
The new steps look good.

I ordered the factory steps when I got the F250. My first truck with the steps. Sure are helpful   

yeah I'm getting old :lol_hitting: :lol_hitting:

Offline muddy

« Reply #2511 on: May 03, 2022, 07:01:35 PM »
The new steps look good.

I ordered the factory steps when I got the F250. My first truck with the steps. Sure are helpful   

yeah I'm getting old _hitting: _hitting:
I put them on years ago, wouldn't have a truck without them.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2512 on: May 07, 2022, 02:08:06 AM »
Drove to Auckland for off-road racing national organisation council meeting. It was a bit foggy in the Waikato.

It didn't clear up until I got out of the Waikato. The farm on the left is the one the half acre I grew up on was subdivided from.

At the meeting our club president dropped this back to the Auckland club as they are running the event in June. I've raced this once and made it to 180km out of the 240km before breaking my car. That year 38 of 64 starters finished.

Offline Der Bugmeister

• Administrator
« Reply #2513 on: May 07, 2022, 02:35:23 AM »
More of a "what did I do this week"...drove about 1700 miles round trip in four days to pick up a car for a friend.  Bit of a rare piece...1965 Oldsmobile F-85 Cutlass convertible with a factory Muncie M20 4 speed.  Can't really tell in the photos, but it's a dark blue metallic with a touch of pearl.  The blue really glows when the sun hits it the right way.  Finally got to drive it today and all I can say is he's gonna enjoy it!

Offline muddy

« Reply #2514 on: May 10, 2022, 07:39:13 PM »
More of a "what did I do this week"...drove about 1700 miles round trip in four days to pick up a car for a friend.  Bit of a rare piece...1965 Oldsmobile F-85 Cutlass convertible with a factory Muncie M20 4 speed.  Can't really tell in the photos, but it's a dark blue metallic with a touch of pearl.  The blue really glows when the sun hits it the right way.  Finally got to drive it today and all I can say is he's gonna enjoy it!
Neat car!

Online jabberwoki

« Reply #2515 on: May 10, 2022, 07:45:19 PM »
My first car in the states was a 1966 Dynamic 88 convertible... bloody loved that car.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2516 on: May 10, 2022, 08:27:01 PM »
I got my old 1955 Oliver super 55 running this weekend. injector pump had froze up on it two years ago. finally drug it home and pulled it apart. Most of the injector pump is NLA so I had to be very careful pulling it apart. Got it all back together and running this weekend but didn't have all my filters in till today. Changed the motor oil and lift oil and swapped out both filters. Runs pretty good. Now I got to sort out the PTO clutch.  Always something with these old machines

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2517 on: May 10, 2022, 09:20:14 PM »
mowed the lawn tonight. first time of the year. supposed to rain tomorrow. 4 inches in the last 10 days.i would love to hit the field but it aint happening any time soon. last year i finished wheat on the 7th of april......... yup april.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2518 on: May 10, 2022, 09:26:40 PM »
With all the inflation that's going on the Mrs. and I have decided to spend some money and fix up/repair the house and property. Repainting, tree trimming, all sorts of repairs, etc. Have gotten through my first list, now attacking the second. BLO on the outside exposed wood, roof coating, and overall spring cleaning. been a few years since I've gone through all of this so it was due. One of the main beams protruding out the side of the house holding up the roof edge had gotten infiltrated with water, which sat internally and basically rotted the thing out. had to installed a redwood beam the support the roof and "rebuild" the beam so it approximated the original profile. As I'm not a wood person that was a PITA.

Repainting the house trim. When we had the house repainted when we moved in the Mrs. picked this denim blue for the exterior trim. Only problem was it faded to a pink. Discovered the color she chose had a magenta component in it, which produced the pink when eaten by the sun. We reformulated the mix, same dark blue color but no magenta. Fades to a light blue/gray. Acceptable. Well, those exposed parts again needed paint, and of course the paint place no longer uses that color scheme so the formula I had was useless. Had to get another color matched - no magenta but had red in it. We'll see when it fades over the next few years. May have to repaint the whole house to get all the exterior trim done in one batch.
Here's the old first batch pink faded, and redone in the new denim.
Just imagine the whole house trim like this - brick house with pink trim.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 01:56:43 PM by bonneyman »

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2519 on: May 11, 2022, 08:38:36 AM »
mowed the lawn tonight. first time of the year. supposed to rain tomorrow. 4 inches in the last 10 days.i would love to hit the field but it aint happening any time soon. last year i finished wheat on the 7th of april......... yup april.

Farmers here haven't started planting yet, been too cold and often wet.  Look for that to change this week.  One told me yesterday he is normally done planting by now. He wasn't too concerned as of now