Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688671 times)

Offline Rural53

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2850 on: August 27, 2023, 06:30:05 PM »

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2851 on: August 27, 2023, 06:31:23 PM »

« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 06:34:08 PM by Rural53 »

Offline muddy

« Reply #2852 on: August 27, 2023, 06:55:25 PM »
Work sucks sometimes, but that's life; and it's the rough patches that often show your employer what you're made of. Hope it works out better next week Tim.

That said, yes, I'd like to see a writeup on servicing a motorcycle front strut I haven't done one in well over 30 years.
It was just one of those weeks where not much was going right and I was starting to lose my sanity.

I'll make a write up tonight!

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #2853 on: August 30, 2023, 01:43:59 PM »
Went on my daily bike ride (nothing new there), stopped to observe 5 construction workers on the sidewalk all in their full PPE and bent over hovering and pointing to something at their feet the sidewalk. As I rolled up they were picking through an obviously imported socket set in a cheap blow molded case. Just a 3/8" drive set, nothing heavy duty.

I said, "pick a shiny socket, not one of those rusty sockets"

I then pedaled off as they just looked up. I found it funny that it took 5 of them to problem solve some tool related issue.

Offline muddy

« Reply #2854 on: August 30, 2023, 09:21:31 PM »
A week ago I quoted a wire harness for a forklift because the lift would crank and not start. Broken wires.

Installed the new harness, fires right up and runs..... but now it doesn't move!

This isn't the the first time it's been in the shop. Never had a problem before.

Have no main pressure out of the pump. Only thing I can think is from sitting so long it drained out of the pump and now the pump is so weak to create a suction to create prime.

Kinda frustrating and kinda funny. The truck is from a foundry. So it sees grit and sand and abuse. This thing wasn't worth the spare engine (from their parts truck) the customer put in themselves. Or the harness I just put in it..... I'm sure they'll go ahead and have us rebuild the trans instead of updating their junk.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #2855 on: September 10, 2023, 05:21:01 PM »
Went fishing
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2856 on: September 10, 2023, 05:48:59 PM »
That’s some great fishin’ Bob. I’m envious as heck. Well done sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2857 on: September 10, 2023, 05:51:33 PM »
Tested some HF and VHF antenna designs over the weekend with two local HAM club friends. We’re getting equipment tuned up and ready for a big outing in Oct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline john k

« Reply #2858 on: September 10, 2023, 07:17:23 PM »
I spent 3 days at an historic farm site,  volunteer,  running the blacksmith shop.  Been doing this since 98.   Bring my iron, hammers and coal,  work on my own stuff.  Got a great partner,  has a separate forge there..   didn't sell a thing this year so the gas money was out of my pocket,  75 miles each way.  Gas jumped to 4.13, from 3.69. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 09:50:22 PM by john k »

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2859 on: September 10, 2023, 08:18:17 PM »
$4.13! dang!! 
I paid $3.14 this morning for the cheap stuff. $3.99 for ethanol free. I've been running the generator a lot lately. cows are drinking 3000 gallons of water every 4-5 days. My generator will run about 5 hours to get it filled back up using a gallon and half of fuel an hour.

Supposed to get a cool front in this week and cool things down a bit. been in the 100s for the past 60 days. maybe even get a little rain if we're lucky.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #2860 on: September 10, 2023, 08:56:51 PM »
Went to Power of the Past antique tractor show with my son and one of his buddies today. I usually like to go on Saturday's but could not this year. Sunday's half of the food vendors and flea market folks are gone and many of the tractor guys are too. However,  we still had a great time. Next week is the McClouth KS threshing bee. That has always had a few of the old steam thrashers at it, plus a tractor pull and flea market. Or, I could go back to Ottawa KS for a massive car show. In the past there have been as many as 2000 cars. I went once some years ago and it was almost too much for me, almost sensory overload. I couldn't handle more than about three hours!
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #2861 on: September 10, 2023, 09:09:20 PM »
$4.13! dang!! 
I paid $3.14 this morning for the cheap stuff. $3.99 for ethanol free. I've been running the generator a lot lately. cows are drinking 3000 gallons of water every 4-5 days. My generator will run about 5 hours to get it filled back up using a gallon and half of fuel an hour.

Supposed to get a cool front in this week and cool things down a bit. been in the 100s for the past 60 days. maybe even get a little rain if we're lucky.

I still found gas for $3.50 a gallon today but doubt that will last long.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline muddy

« Reply #2862 on: September 12, 2023, 08:46:19 PM »
I spent 3 days at an historic farm site,  volunteer,  running the blacksmith shop.  Been doing this since 98.   Bring my iron, hammers and coal,  work on my own stuff.  Got a great partner,  has a separate forge there..   didn't sell a thing this year so the gas money was out of my pocket,  75 miles each way.  Gas jumped to 4.13, from 3.69.
That sounds fun. Always wanted to learn to smith and weld with a forge like my grandfather could.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #2863 on: September 20, 2023, 01:36:25 PM »
Lived through triple bypass. Just getting back to  exercising my computer keys.  :93:
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2864 on: September 20, 2023, 06:08:00 PM »
Lived through triple bypass. Just getting back to  exercising my computer keys.  :93:

Good to hear. Glad you're on the mend.