Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688671 times)

Offline Crispycritter

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2910 on: November 30, 2023, 10:27:47 AM »
Getting this touched up its my suicide awareness butterfly. Im also doing a consult on my other hand for a jester/joker. Since thats my nickname. Sorta like a joker from a old card deck.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #2911 on: December 01, 2023, 01:45:28 PM »
Its raining and freezing out with nothing to do im drinking some kraken spiced rum and listening to music.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2912 on: December 02, 2023, 09:58:18 AM »
Being in the Navy saw my share of tattoo shops, US & overseas. Never saw ink I'd wear, lots to choose from.

1776 ................... what happened!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #2913 on: December 02, 2023, 12:24:58 PM »
I thought I wanted one when I was younger, like 18-22YO. I guess I just didn't want one bad enough. Plus, it was before tats became all the rage. That was pre 1984. Once tats went mainstream and everyone and their dog started getting I was glad I never got one. Hell, even old people were getting tats! For me, that really sealed the deal! I was three kinds of thankful I never got a tat! I  have never been a conformist. If everyone goes one direction you can bet I won't be one them. As my kids came of age I told each of them that if they want to stand out from the crowd and be unique,  getting a tat was not the way to be unique since everybody including their dog and their grandparents were sporting tats proves my point. Same thing with piercings. Of course three of my four kids now have tats. I guess only the youngest one listened.

I still maintain that if one wants to stand out from the crowd the best way today is skip the ink. I have never yet seen even one that I saw worthy of being plastered on someone's body till they die.

Anyone that I ever saw sporting a tat that to should be wearing one were all old vets that got them as young men in the service in far away lands. Most of those tats I ever saw as a kid were all B&W, no color, and had turned into almost unrecognizable black blobs on the wearers body. My Gpa was one of them, got his in "The Great War" in the Philippines. As an old man he was embarrassed by his tats and alway wore long sleeve shirts regardless of the season.

Despite everything I said above, I have no judgment for folks getting tats today. I no longer even comment if one of my kids gets a tat. Who am I to pass judgment right. They have to live with them, not me. I just don't give a shit anymore. I am just another old man with irrelevant opinion right.

Dustin, great craftsmanship is shown in your tat. If you like it that is all that matters. So by all means enjoy it! Take no disrespect in my comments because I am sure I am just an out of step old man! Now, I would tell my kids the same thing. As I age, I have learned to pick my battles and with each passing year there are less that I have any desire to fight! Tats is just not one worth voicing objection to anymore.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #2914 on: December 02, 2023, 02:31:09 PM »
Thanksbuck my dad and grandfather expressed much the same before i got tatted

Offline muddy

« Reply #2915 on: December 02, 2023, 05:56:47 PM »
I'm on both sides. I get tattoos it's a commitment to express something that means so much to you. However it should mean something special to you. The ones that get random tattoos because they can or all over their face and hands etc is a bit to much.

However I'll never treat anyone less because they choose either

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #2916 on: December 05, 2023, 02:32:59 PM »
Mybest friends husband is a personal trainer and has agreed to train with me and get fit he says im gonna hate him after but if i follow his advice i can lose my extra 100lb

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2917 on: December 05, 2023, 06:54:57 PM »
When I first got into a management role at my old company the GM told me the hiring fundamentals for that company. Most of it would be considered profiling now but at the time it was the rule. One of his commandments was no visible tattoos. In his mind they represented "questionable decision making skills". Fast forward 25 years and the best hand on my maintenance crew has full sleeve tats. He probably has some questionable decision skills but he's a hell of a mechanic.

I did pass on the guy with a devil tat on his face. :lol_hitting:

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2918 on: December 06, 2023, 12:46:24 PM »
Mybest friends husband is a personal trainer and has agreed to train with me and get fit he says im gonna hate him after but if i follow his advice i can lose my extra 100lb

Good luck, that will make huge differences in your health

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2919 on: December 08, 2023, 07:15:41 PM »
Tis the season, mobile smoker at project site on Monday afternoon.

Thursday my team went to lunch at Rising Tide, the bar at Mount Brewing Co. and the home of Jonny's Dumplings. Friday I had lunch for the stakeholder group of another project at a hotel beside Lake Okereka.

Today our off-road racing club are running our Christmas meeting with a Kiwi Truck event in the morning, early afternoon and a twilight adults meeting.

A few classics parked up at the gas station when I stopped for coffee on the way.

A couple of Kiwi Trucks

In the pits.

Dinner cooking. Don't let an engineer loose with a piece of stainless steel exhaust stack.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2920 on: December 08, 2023, 09:19:49 PM »
A few of the adult classes, there were eight UTVs as well.

Offline muddy

« Reply #2921 on: December 16, 2023, 08:49:06 PM »
Changed the oil and put the winter tires on the daily Olds. Also replaced the speed sensor and connector/pigtail.
I kept loosing signal to my speedo, which kicks the trans to limp losing first and over drive.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) it's intermittent. Also a key switch cycle resets it. Hoping this fixes it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2922 on: December 17, 2023, 06:48:49 AM »
Yard lights, 1/2 way complete
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2923 on: December 19, 2023, 08:20:25 PM »
Lights done speed test new router, Motorola