Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688671 times)

Offline muddy

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #270 on: November 03, 2018, 09:42:43 PM »
Moved some junk around and got junk ready to go to auction.

Also had my B out for a bit.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline john k

« Reply #271 on: November 03, 2018, 11:27:50 PM »
Is that B John Deere going away too?   Never seen a mechanical lift blade like that. 

Offline brslk

« Reply #272 on: November 04, 2018, 02:45:23 AM »
I finally got a chance to sleep in till noon!  Been working way too much.
Once I got out of bed I went outside and shoveled the huge dump of snow we got the day before.  Then I washed, gassed up and put the Miata away for the winter.  Cleaned up the garage and did some yard winterizing stuff.
The wife made an awesome turkey dinner and then I fell asleep in my recliner.  Now it's quarter to two and I'm wide awake.

I really need to catch up with you guys here.  All work and no talking to weirdos makes Bruce a boring guy.
Work usually slows up in winter so I'll have more time to hang out with you degenerates! lol
Hope everyone's doing well.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #273 on: November 04, 2018, 07:54:02 AM »
I really need to catch up with you guys here.  All work and no talking to weirdos makes Bruce a boring guy.
Work usually slows up in winter so I'll have more time to hang out with you degenerates! lol
Hope everyone's doing well.

Hey I resemble that :-\

@  coolmercury ; and the easy job went to hell.  That's funny.. seems to always happen. It is said two things we cannot avoid. Paying taxes and dying, I know of three myself .

@ Muddy ........  The tractor is in really nice shape looks new..what year is it?

Had the pleasure of operating an A model mid 60's. Shifter between the legs on the floor,  no synchros in the gear box  LOL.
 My uncle farmed in Indiana, grade A milk cows and corn. Country side, and farm equipment dealers  were all green. Had the combine, manure loader, disc plow, and a bucket that I remember
 Would go up every summer and work.
Your son sure has grown ..... !

Pep
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 08:05:54 AM by pep »
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #274 on: November 04, 2018, 11:09:39 AM »
That old JD looks good. don't see many with that blade setup around here. we don't have any of the white stuff to push around.

We went to the final races of the year at our local dirt track. its a memorial event for one of the drivers who passed away a few years back. lots of money gets put up and lots of cars showed up. 144 total. made for some really good races but it was a long night. Sport mod A main wrapped up at 0200. we,ve been having a lot of rain in the area so the parking was fun. Got to use the new trucks 4x4 feature. it worked ;D

Bruce :: good to see ya posting again. I was wondering what you been up to.

Offline muddy

« Reply #275 on: November 04, 2018, 04:19:56 PM »
No the B isn't going anywhere, it was my grandfather's and was one of 3 B's that farmed roughly 250 acres for close to 40 years.

It is a 1948 I restored it in his honor unfortunately he passed before seeing it completed.

Offline mdlbldrmatt135

« Reply #276 on: November 05, 2018, 04:51:05 AM »
No pics, but spent yesterday fighting the rear brakes on our '01 Yukon XL.    both of the rear calipers were sticking, causing the inside pad to wear on the rotor....  Well the driver side the inner pad was gone, and one of the bolts holding the bracket on, the head stripped on me.   A bit of fighting with the angle & die grinders, I managed to get a Hex back on it, and tapped a socket on and finally got the bolt out, after heating the bracket with a propane plumbing torch for 20 mins.  A trip to the Hardware store (once the step daughter got home) and $2.15 later I had a new M14x40 bolt to put in.

The brackets were all cleaned up once I finally got those god forsaken T55 headed slider bolts out after stripping not one but two T55 bits, even with penetrating fluid on them. (the second one, I just cut the sliders since the calipers were getting replaced anyway) Thank god the replacement calipers came with hex headed guides.   Had to beat the driver side rotor off of the axle, when the pass side slipped right off, go figure.

In all it was like 5 stinkin' hours to change just the rear brakes.  I'll wait for the next decent day to do the front ones next.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #277 on: November 05, 2018, 10:13:19 AM »
Bruce, good to see you posting.  I was worried about you.  I would hate to see all the abuse revert back to me :))

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #278 on: November 05, 2018, 10:24:02 AM »
Bruce, good to see you posting.  I was worried about you.  I would hate to see all the abuse revert back to me :))

LOL Phil!! :D :D :D -- Nice to see you back up and runnin' Bruce.

Offline Papaw

• Old Wrench Freak
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #279 on: November 06, 2018, 03:52:42 PM »
Yesterday I took my cat to the vet to get her spayed and innoculated .
She was a stray that adopted us a few months ago, despite my wife's allergies. I tried to get her in a carrier back then, but failed.

Then she got pregnant and had 5 kittens, so 7 more weeks passed. We were able to give away all the kittens, and I managed to get her in the carrier and took her in.

She is now fixed, has her shots, and is microchipped. Her name is Skinny Minnie because though she is about a year old, she is extremely skinny  and weighs only about 7 pounds.

She is now home resting, eating, and being spoiled.

Skinny Minnie 10-26-2018 by Noel Hankamer, on Flickr
Owner and Administrator of Tool Talk

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #280 on: November 06, 2018, 04:29:45 PM »
Remarkable coloring very striking kitty.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #281 on: November 06, 2018, 05:21:47 PM »
Remarkable coloring very striking kitty.

+1 very nice looking kitty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Papaw

• Old Wrench Freak
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #282 on: November 06, 2018, 07:01:06 PM »
She is what is known as a Tortoiseshell , or Torty . A type of Calico that is almost always female.

Like Calico cats, it is said they are "born pregnant " !
Owner and Administrator of Tool Talk

Offline muddy

« Reply #283 on: November 06, 2018, 08:56:46 PM »
Came home from work, after supper I started working on one of Sam's Christmas presents.

I'm going to repaint this pedal tractor for him. Not going to be a goodfellow type restoration, just something to look nice.

As I was a little boy once, I know this thing is gonna get beat! Maybe when he's an adult bill do a full restoration.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #284 on: November 07, 2018, 07:15:12 AM »
Cool project Muddy!!

If you did a GF resto,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he'd be too big to ride it by the time you got it done :D