Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688595 times)

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #360 on: November 20, 2018, 08:22:24 AM »
Yep, we are hosting Thanksgiving, about 25 people.  And we are in the middle of having the main floor painted.  We are getting there but it won't be perfect and I really don't care :))

The older I get, the less I seem to care.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #361 on: November 20, 2018, 08:33:52 AM »
This year for Thanksgiving we are going to a restaurant with some friends. No prep, no cleanup and no finishing the house (I am in the middle of some remodeling projects myself).

Place we are going is an old fashioned leather and dark wood steakhouse and most likely I'll be having prime rib and be thankful I'm not having turkey (even though I do like it quite a bit).
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline mdlbldrmatt135

« Reply #362 on: November 20, 2018, 08:37:13 AM »
I'm sitting at the office...(been since 5am) and I seem to have developed a case of WTFamIheresoscrewitallitis.....     Luckily I only need to last till 3:30 today and from 5 to 11am tomorrow.... them Enjoy the time off till Monday the 26th... Oh wait... I have two 8 hour round trips in the car to take the boys to their Father for the holiday.....  :-[ :-[

Offline Der Bugmeister

• Administrator
« Reply #363 on: November 20, 2018, 11:13:13 AM »
I'm sitting at the office...(been since 5am) and I seem to have developed a case of WTFamIheresoscrewitallitis.....     Luckily I only need to last till 3:30 today and from 5 to 11am tomorrow.... them Enjoy the time off till Monday the 26th... Oh wait... I have two 8 hour round trips in the car to take the boys to their Father for the holiday.....  :-[ :-[

Sounds like me any day I walk into the office these days!

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #364 on: November 20, 2018, 11:21:26 AM »
This year for Thanksgiving we are going to a restaurant with some friends. No prep, no cleanup and no finishing the house (I am in the middle of some remodeling projects myself).

Place we are going is an old fashioned leather and dark wood steakhouse and most likely I'll be having prime rib and be thankful I'm not having turkey (even though I do like it quite a bit).

That sounds great - can I join you?

Aww heck, all the prep and cleaning here is done. I might as well stay put. :-[

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #365 on: November 20, 2018, 12:30:30 PM »

Absolutely. It's in Burbank literally across the street form Burbank Studios.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline highland512

« Reply #366 on: November 20, 2018, 01:10:56 PM »
We are heading back to Indiana to let little man play with his grandparents. I am trying to to talk my wife into letting me stay home and work on the house but I lost that argument before I opened my mouth.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #367 on: November 20, 2018, 02:15:17 PM »
LOL - JAFE you guys are on the same page as us. We've had the family over to our house for almost 25 years, and this year we had enough. My wife and I ordered a pre-cooked Thanksgiving meal (including the pies for desert) for 10 people from Cracker Barrel. They have a new catering option (in our area) and we decided to give it a shot. We pick up Wednesday and just reheat on Thursday.

Instead of cooking and frying the turkey's, this year I'll be sitting on the porch with a glass of wine and a cigar. Life is good!!!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #368 on: November 20, 2018, 02:25:03 PM »

Absolutely. It's in Burbank literally across the street form Burbank Studios.

The only restaurants I'm familiar with are the rather famous joint where the celebs and wannabes hang out. Also that famous German restaurant on Alameda where Olive crosses. Enjoy your prime rib.
I picked up a Costco spiral cut ham yesterday and want to keep it simple with just the 2 of us.

Offline walrus

« Reply #369 on: November 20, 2018, 05:10:33 PM »
I'm cooking the whole turkey day dinner for wife and another couple. Its fun for me and everyone enjoys it. I don't even eat some of the food I cook :)

Offline muddy

« Reply #370 on: November 20, 2018, 05:25:52 PM »
Freeze plug and tranny jobs at work.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #371 on: November 20, 2018, 05:58:09 PM »
I'm in awe of you muddy that you work on forklifts. The times I've had to work on mine I always lose skin off my knuckles and arms. I'm also not enough of a contortionist to reach some of the bolts. I have to find out why my brakes failed and fix them. :(

Offline kwoswalt99

« Reply #372 on: November 20, 2018, 06:08:43 PM »
I'm in awe of you muddy that you work on forklifts. The times I've had to work on mine I always lose skin off my knuckles and arms. I'm also not enough of a contortionist to reach some of the bolts. I have to find out why my brakes failed and fix them. :(

Lol that’s all I work on for the most part.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #373 on: November 20, 2018, 07:21:59 PM »

The only restaurants I'm familiar with are the rather famous joint where the celebs and wannabes hang out. Also that famous German restaurant on Alameda where Olive crosses. Enjoy your prime rib.
I picked up a Costco spiral cut ham yesterday and want to keep it simple with just the 2 of us.

I'm sure some celebs go there besides Burbank Studios Lakeside CC is next door and Lakeside has a lot of celeb members. Never been to the CC don't play golf and they wouldn't let me in anyways.

I was reading about how the spiral cut hams are made and the guy that invented the cutter that does it. Pretty interesting process.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #374 on: November 20, 2018, 07:24:52 PM »
LOL - JAFE you guys are on the same page as us. We've had the family over to our house for almost 25 years, and this year we had enough. My wife and I ordered a pre-cooked Thanksgiving meal (including the pies for desert) for 10 people from Cracker Barrel. They have a new catering option (in our area) and we decided to give it a shot. We pick up Wednesday and just reheat on Thursday.

Instead of cooking and frying the turkey's, this year I'll be sitting on the porch with a glass of wine and a cigar. Life is good!!!

The nearest Cracker Barrel is in Victorville which is about 80-90 miles east of here. There is a local grocery chain that makes prepared holiday meals and they are excellent. Turns out it's not much different cost wise between the precooked and the do it from scratch.