Author Topic: Anything Aviation  (Read 24640 times)

Offline Rural53

Anything Aviation
« on: October 03, 2019, 02:40:07 AM »
As the title says - anything aviation.

This video features Wanganui Aero Works who trained pilots for the agricultural industry and a brief history of New Zealand's early top dressing aircraft.

Not a valid vimeo URL

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Anything Aviation
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 08:33:31 AM »
Very interesting video -- thanks for sharing.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 10:06:27 AM »
I will enjoy this thread and contribute to it. That video of NZ pilots learning how to deliver the chemicals is good. That is some very difficult terrain to operate at low level and winds can play havoc.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 06:02:52 PM »
I have something very sad to contribute to this thread. I just found out today that my good friend was the pilot on the B-17 that crashed in Connecticut yesterday. The problem must have been severe as Mac was the highest time B-17 pilot in the world having flown this plane for 20 years. I spent many days and flight hours with Mac in his beautiful 450HP Stearman biplane. I was honored the day he told me that he wanted to check me out in it as only a few pilots were ever allowed to fly it.

Blue skies and fair winds Mac.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 06:20:36 PM »
My fav.

Sorry to hear about your mate Nutz.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 08:20:41 PM »
I have something very sad to contribute to this thread. I just found out today that my good friend was the pilot on the B-17 that crashed in Connecticut yesterday. The problem must have been severe as Mac was the highest time B-17 pilot in the world having flown this plane for 20 years. I spent many days and flight hours with Mac in his beautiful 450HP Stearman biplane. I was honored the day he told me that he wanted to check me out in it as only a few pilots were ever allowed to fly it.

So sorry. Have been following this story and it is truly sad.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 08:44:07 PM »

My condolences on the loss of your dear friend DN. From your description, it sounds like a guy who had  a "life well lived".
God speed!!

Offline Rural53

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 08:46:10 PM »
^^ My condolences as well. It was quite a shock when it came across my news feed. It made me think about how many hours I've spent on board vintage air craft.

Online slip knot

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 09:06:16 PM »
Very sad news hearing about the B-17 crash. My condolences on the loss of your friend.

Online pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 10:03:37 PM »

Snappy little plane right there, regarding Mac know he went the way he wanted, timing may have been to soon. But we do not get to call the shots when it comes to death. God Bless Mac.

Pep
https://theaviationgeekclub.com/collings-foundation-b-17-flying-fortress-crashes/

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/at-least-five-after-collings-foundation-b-17-nine-o-nine-crash/?fbclid=IwAR2Kg0LeXGl-NTBnLS_t6I07p7gAwZN2WdrvcoJ4t-mT58W11_R799ORQgU
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 10:11:39 PM by pep »
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2019, 10:43:15 PM »
Thank you guys for the support as it has been a tough day. I am glad that I had a chance to ride with Mac in Nine-O-Nine several years ago. The Collings Foundation has brought their wonderful planes to many places around the country every year so that veterans have a chance to see and ride in them. First class outfit.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2019, 12:31:19 AM »
Nine O Nine Memorial Video

Online pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2019, 08:22:59 AM »
It was a pretty bird .....

Pep
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline walrus

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2019, 04:43:17 PM »
<iframe width="560" height="315" src=" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
My boy is flying this Aztec, happened a year after he graduated from Embry Riddle. Kid has ice water in his veins

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2019, 07:38:49 PM »
Damn fine landing and professional attitude --