Author Topic: A man after my own heart.  (Read 2279 times)

Offline jabberwoki

A man after my own heart.
« on: February 25, 2020, 08:07:21 PM »

I`m digging that little yard crane he has.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: A man after my own heart.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 08:46:01 PM »
Watched it - understood most of it, and am very impressed with what that man has accomplished. It's one thing to get that equipment in the US, but in Germany most all of the old industrial equipment was taken by the the French and the Russians as war reparations. Hence, the stuff is as rare as hen's teeth. This guy must be the ultimate scrounger to equip a private shop like that.

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 10:50:50 PM »
Impressive to say the least. How it all stays organized is beyond me. There are more than a few projects in flight in that shop yet it does not look disorganized.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 10:39:55 AM »
i didn't understand more than a handful of words. i did get that he has some cool stuff and a lot of skills. i found the lenny kravitz cab driver song an odd fit with the moped gang but if you don't know the language who cares :93:.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 05:34:46 PM »
Here, let me translate a few words at this section....

(dang....I cant get it to start at the 11:25 section), you gotta fast forward to this spot

"See these two levers? I'm not sure exactly what they do, but when you wiggle them back and forth (like this), things start to move, then shake, and the dog runs away in a panic. Often, loud noises erupt from everywhere. I often don't know what do do next when this happens, so I shut down the machine. I then call my moped friends to come over and we then break bread together, and talk about the old days, working in the factory...blah blah"
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 05:45:45 PM by oldnslo »