Author Topic: ER 20 Collet Chuck And Collets  (Read 1858 times)

Offline GNAP

ER 20 Collet Chuck And Collets
« on: June 04, 2020, 09:40:23 AM »
A while back I bought a ER 32 collet chuck and collets for my Rockwell milling machine, for some reason, I’m still not fully sure why, I felt the need to buy a ER 20 Collet chuck and collets. I bought the collet chuck and collets from BangGood, I ordered them in mid April, got an email about 2 weeks ago, saying expect delivery roughly 6/17/20, they arrived on 5//28.

I ordered the collet chuck and 8 piece collet set, I got the collet chuck and a 14 piece collet set. The  collet chuck seems well made, it had very minimal run out, when measured at the outside and inside of the collet taper. The collets look like and are packaged exactly like the ER 32 collets, I already had. Run out at the end mill shank was less than .001” (slight needle wiggle only)

So I decided to buy one of the ball bearing nuts, another set of collets and one of the collet nut wrenches,. All has arrived and at this point, all is well.

ER 20 collet chuck  - $30
ER 20 collet set  - $30
ER 20 ball bearing nut - $27
ER 20 Collet nut wrench. - $30
ER 20 collet set - $35

Total cost -  $152
jack

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: ER 20 Collet Chuck And Collets
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 10:32:10 AM »
Good purchase -- you'll soon learn to love 'em jack. I use them on my geared head mill/drill -- they work very well, and I like the convenience over changing the standard R8 collets.

Offline GNAP

Re: ER 20 Collet Chuck And Collets
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 01:36:13 PM »
I already had ER 32 collet chuck and collets, I really wanted a smaller diameter projection from the end of the quill. The main use is on the small Rockwell vertical mill, the ER 20 system is maxed out at 1/2”, most of the time I’m working with 1/4” or 3/8” end mills, if I need to run bigger end mills or a face mill, I have bigger mills.

I wanted about 3-4” projection and the picture on BangGood, led me to believe this was so, but alas it is only roughly 2”. No terrible but I has hoping for a little more. I’ve used it already 3-4 times and am satisfied with what I got.
jack