Author Topic: Save the date, Bman coming east  (Read 12596 times)

Offline bonneyman

Re: Save the date, Bman coming east
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2019, 05:19:23 PM »
The Mrs. and I arrived back home today - temp was 75 degrees! In May, when it's usually hitting 100!

Too tired to talk about the great trip - jet lag is kicking in along with a pinched nerve. that 4.75 home non-stop plane flight was a killer. Will check back in over the weekend to show my finds.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2019, 06:26:49 PM »
Glad you're back home safe George.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2019, 07:42:32 PM »
Glad you guys had fun, I am glad I got to join in on one of Phil’s get togethers. I am still amazed at the tiny tools the engineer brought.   Way cool. I wished I could have made it to one of Rays also.
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2019, 04:00:47 PM »
OK, now that I've had some time to recuperate and readjust to normal time (lol) I thought I'd share a little of my Finksburg experience.

The get together was great, met several forum members and shared alot about our experiences. Phils shop was - how do I describe it - mind-blowing! He's got so much stuff in there, tucked into every corner, and most every open space piled high with tools. Heck, the nooks and crannies had nooks and crannies! On the main floor he stores tools in roll-aways, each with their own specific tool. He even has a roll away filled with taps!  :-\ If Phil doesn't have the size you need, then you find another way to do it! :))
Phil was great, not minding me calling on Thursday and Friday for directions - even though he was slammed with work. A truly nice guy. And his wife is an absolute sweetheart! Not only did she set up the lunch spread with sandwiches, chips, and dip, but she also took Mrs Bman on a short trip to Southern Pennsylvania for a few hours so all of us tool folks could talk. Even though she was swamped with work to do. The Mrs loved the time, and I appreciated it. :)
And the desserts that Muddy and his wife brought were awesome as well. I should have eaten less and bought more. :-[

All in all a wonderful time.
Now for the goodies.
A NIB shower socket set made by Chicago Specialties. Absolutely impossible to find good examples, let alone brand new. A Williams obstruction wrench in sizes I needed, an Indestro short driver, and a box of metric o-rings. many times one needs a size between what the store sells. I've found that often times a metric size in in between two SAE sizes and just fills the bill. And the short driver is a real find. Most stubby drivers have matching short, stubby handles - making them hard to hold. I love drivers like this. Full size handle, and only the driver shank is short. Perfect combo.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2019, 05:05:49 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot.
On the way to Baltimore from Roanoke we stopped at a Chinese restaurant near Lake Anna. Dang if it wasn't some of the best Chinese food I've had anywhere. After the meal the hostess left two fortune cookies, and I broke one open to eat it. I typically don't read the fortunes as I think they're bunk but for some reason I decided to look at this one.

This is the what was written.  :))

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2019, 11:09:25 PM »
phil is good people and mrs phil is better. she took mrs sk in that same general direction and she had fun as well.

i hope my paths cross with phil and his bride again some day.

glad you had a good time. i met muddy when he was just a kid hanging out with his future wife. maybe someday i will shake hands with the little mudman!
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2019, 11:17:34 PM »
Sounds like a great time was had by all!  ;D
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2019, 11:21:22 AM »
It was a great time.  I had a blast and Sam stole the show

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2019, 03:05:51 PM »
Oh yeah, that image of little Sam dragging around that 20 pound sledge hammer will not soon be forgotten!   :D

Offline muddy

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2019, 07:40:51 PM »
Yeah the boy is definitely a ham for attention!

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk