Author Topic: Cleaning grill grate question  (Read 5992 times)

Offline geneg

Re: Cleaning grill grate question
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2019, 05:53:44 AM »
Remove them from the grill, spray them with some oven cleaner on both sides out in the sun, hose them off.  May take 2 times & a brush. Won't damage the coating.  Wear gloves & safety glasses, keep kids & pets away, etc. 

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2019, 07:38:45 AM »
Remove them from the grill, spray them with some oven cleaner on both sides out in the sun, hose them off.  May take 2 times & a brush. Won't damage the coating.  Wear gloves & safety glasses, keep kids & pets away, etc.

You forgot a Hazmat suit, you're still exposed and will die in 3 years.  :-\

The old gas verses coal grill debate begins, chevy & ford LOL

Have had both, first was a Hibachi Grill, living in a town house. First time grilling, pork chops, so good I fell down.

Went to gas, ease of use, constant heat, hype sucked me in. Stayed with that method for 20 years  easy.  BTW, never getting the same taste as did the first time grilling ..... first time dumb luck ???? who knows.

Five years ago, decided to give coal another shot, 89$ Wall-mart. Taste of food is now back, as it should be. Exactly like what plays in your mind when thinking of or watching grilling on the boob tube.

It's all about the taste, my first tasty pork chops, dumb luck?  Apparently not, it was the tool used, grilling has 2 options, taste or effort, me I will put the effort in to have the taste.

my .02
Pep
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline highland512

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2019, 08:20:09 AM »
Cooking meet outside is one of my favorite things to do, I grill/smoke year round at least once a week ( I managed to smoke some chicken out in the barn last winter at -13*f). I have 3 grills; lp, charcoal, and pellet grill/smoker. Each has its strong point and weak points but as of right now the pellet grill/smoker is see the most use since I have figured out how to best use it. It lights and heats up in 15 min. no lighter fluid or chimneys, holds a consistent temp, and wont surprise you when it runs out of fuel. Basically I find it has the convince of LP with the flavor of charcoal. But it does have a down fall, it has to be plugged in to run the convection fan and feeder auger so no using it when the power goes out. My next pieces of equipment will be a actual stick burning smoker. I would like to build it my self but time will tell.   

On the subject of the grease fires, if you have a had a couple greasy cooks you need to clean you grill. Also if you cooking hot enough to get to the flash point of chicken fat your at 475*+. Why is anyone cooking that hot? Dried out grilled chicken is gross, dont serve gross chicken. 

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2019, 09:29:41 AM »
Haha, thread changed from how to clean into how to grill.  Yep, that's GG ;D

Pep, well stated on convenience vs taste.

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2019, 12:17:00 PM »

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2019, 01:45:24 PM »

Shoot, I'm still waiting for the recipes to start getting posted!  :D

Offline muddy

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2019, 02:12:47 PM »

Shoot, I'm still waiting for the recipes to start getting posted!  :D
You might be on to something....

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk