Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 687693 times)

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2100 on: April 06, 2021, 10:38:42 PM »

Started playing with a couple kitties today. Put an extension on the ejector on one. The other will need hitch work.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2101 on: April 08, 2021, 03:03:04 PM »
My view this morning, pleasant autumn morning.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 03:56:51 AM by Rural53 »

Offline walrus

« Reply #2102 on: April 12, 2021, 04:45:27 PM »
On Saturday a buddy and I headed north to see a world record  get set. 1234 ft Diameter ice circle  cut in Long Lake in St Agatha Maine, about 10 miles from Quebec border. Cutting the circle is hard enough but the record is actually for the biggest ice carousel. The ice in question is 27 acres and weighs 55,000 tons and has to do one revolution. Powered by Ford 300 6 cylinder fitted with a 24 inch brass prop it did a revolution in 2 hours. This has been an ongoing contest between Minnesota, Finland and the Northern Maine Ice Busters. It was cool to see, the ice was shaky at best with the really warm winter we had plus the really warm April we have had. Slush was deep enough for us to question whether we should walk out on to the carousel but we had driven 4 hours to to do so we did. They did it for fun and they hold the record for now.

https://fiddleheadfocus.com/link/maine-recaptures-world-championship-ice-carousel-record/

« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 05:14:26 PM by walrus »

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2103 on: April 12, 2021, 08:44:52 PM »
Thats pretty cool. but yall can keep that hard water up north. :lol_hitting:  I get chills just looking at the ice form on my water troughs. :lol_hitting:

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2104 on: April 13, 2021, 04:47:51 PM »
I agree, that is pretty cool. I also agree with slipknot, you can keep that hard water! It is just starting to feel like autumn here and I'm just thinking I need to put a sweatshirt In my ute in case in need it on evening.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 04:50:18 PM by Rural53 »

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2105 on: April 13, 2021, 08:29:12 PM »
Hauled a load of kid goats to the market. I had 17 that I was feeding out, was aiming to sell at @ 80-100lbs but the market report from last week had the 40-60lb kids selling upwards of $4/lb.  >:D  Load up the butt heads on the trailer, we went for a ride.  >:D

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2106 on: April 14, 2021, 08:39:15 AM »
I wasn't planning on starting the day shoveling snow but we have at 5" already and big flakes are really coming down. We do need the moisture though.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2107 on: April 14, 2021, 10:01:49 AM »
I wasn't planning on starting the day shoveling snow but we have at 5" already and big flakes are really coming down. We do need the moisture though.

I typically ignore meteorological scare terms but my vegetation proves we are in serious trouble. It is so dry and has been for so long our desert landscaping is struggling. Three varieties of cactus and two of aloe vera are barely hanging on. The forecast says some rain might be possible next weekend but then the weather woman said it was most likely going to be virga (i.e. rain that evaporates before hitting the ground). I'm running the evap cooler for cooling and put the bleed off line on different trees and plants each day so they get some moisture. Our night-blooming cactus is trying mightily to survive but I think it needs a day of dribble moisture as help!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2108 on: April 14, 2021, 11:25:46 AM »
Our snowpack was below average this winter and this snow will help and I will take all the moisture we can get. This snow is very wet with a lot of water in it. I hope we get a good thunderstorm today. I hope your landscaping survives.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #2109 on: April 14, 2021, 09:46:17 PM »
I recently ordered a pair of Coleman bt200x mini bikes.
Yesterday I received and assembled them.

After a few hiccups both are running great now, they topped out at 18mph respectively till I dealt with the throttle limiting screw. Now mine settles in at a top speed of 21mph and his settles in at a top speed of 23mph  :smiley_confused1: they were both made on the same day too.
I'm not going to bother doing any more though,  the free speedometer app I used is not that accurate I'm sure.
Mine needed a front axle nut that it didn't come with as well as a carb bowl plug screw.
The other which I bought for my dad wasn't running,  then I learned about a device in the gas tank which the manuals don't mention.
Long story short I figured gas was sloshing so it should start, but it needed more gas  :-[ :-[

Today the rear racks I ordered for them arrived so I mounted mine and a cheap $10 Walmart toolbox I had laying around.

Tomorrow I'll mount the rack on the other.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2110 on: April 14, 2021, 10:30:20 PM »
 Repaired the TIG welding stool, the Harley way.

1776 ................... what happened!

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2111 on: April 15, 2021, 12:05:02 PM »
Our snowpack was below average this winter and this snow will help and I will take all the moisture we can get. This snow is very wet with a lot of water in it. I hope we get a good thunderstorm today. I hope your landscaping survives.

Our local water is quite hard, and evap cooler pads clog up quickly with calcium and such. A bleed off attachment is the only thing that sort of works, but it's hard getting people to flush that much water down the sewer pipe in the desert. I tell them put a roll of 1/4" black tubing onto the bleed-off and water your shrubbery with it. I've got a 100 foot roll of tubing, and move the tip every other day to a different tree or bush, and that way water things with waste water that going to b discarded anyway. Works well!

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #2112 on: April 15, 2021, 06:39:29 PM »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2113 on: April 16, 2021, 02:52:43 AM »
Grindz Cafe turns into the hole in the wall Fat Burger at night. A good start to the weekend.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2114 on: April 17, 2021, 10:54:04 PM »
Every Saturday morning lately, on my local Facebook Marketplace, a big tool sale has been advertised. Yesterday I went and had a look. It is in an industrial unit in one of the new industrial areas of town.

Lots of interesting stuff.

Tipco

SK

Elora - West Germany

Sidchrome ($120/US$85)

More Sidechrome

Crescents

Craftsman

Dreadnaught

And then I lead Midnitemack into temptation by sending him pictures....

« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 11:00:30 PM by Rural53 »