Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 687773 times)

Offline Crispycritter

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2145 on: May 21, 2021, 11:10:22 AM »
Paid off the snap on man.. Ordered some new wera screwdrivers cause im tired of handle on my snap ons

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2146 on: May 21, 2021, 04:07:34 PM »
Paid off the snap on man.. Ordered some new wera screwdrivers cause im tired of handle on my snap ons

LMAO , hell that's as big a paying off the house ...........
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline john k

« Reply #2147 on: May 21, 2021, 10:48:15 PM »
In my ongoing remodel,  lifted the new shower to the roof of the laundry room. The 1959  IHC 460 sure is handy.  Tomorrow  I get to put the winow and framing back in.

Offline john k

« Reply #2148 on: May 21, 2021, 10:53:47 PM »
Shower on the roof

Offline walrus

« Reply #2149 on: May 22, 2021, 04:52:19 AM »
In my ongoing remodel,  lifted the new shower to the roof of the laundry room. The 1959  IHC 460 sure is handy.  Tomorrow  I get to put the winow and framing back in.
Tractors with front end loaders rule. Sure beats breaking your back trying to do that  :D    Nice old tractor

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2150 on: May 22, 2021, 10:01:14 AM »
Tractors with front end loaders rule. Sure beats breaking your back trying to do that  :D    Nice old tractor

I would be lost without a front end loader. Monday morning I had to move some large granite rocks/boulders that a neighbor had placed for landscaping. His 3yr old well pump motor gave out and the rocks blocked access to the well. City slicker learned a lesson.

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #2151 on: May 22, 2021, 12:47:08 PM »
+1 on the front end loader ownership. Unless you are an apartment dweller, they RULE!!

Offline walrus

« Reply #2152 on: May 22, 2021, 03:28:33 PM »
Today in the garden, when I see the rototiller bounce its rock removal time

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2153 on: May 22, 2021, 06:03:30 PM »
I used my FEL tractor to pull the mosquito spray truck out of the ditch yesterday. He was trying to do a three point turn at the dead end and it didn't work out like he expected. Grabbed it by the ball hitch and just lifted him back onto the road. he was sure happy. I reminded him that the mosquitos were particularly bad on my street...

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2154 on: May 23, 2021, 11:42:20 AM »
Don't know much about FELs, but sure do love my forklift  :cool2:

Offline Midnitemack

« Reply #2155 on: May 23, 2021, 01:57:35 PM »
+1 on the front end loader ownership. Unless you are an apartment dweller, they RULE!!
I’m with the rest of you guys , as we get older we work smarter, this gear not only saves the body , but also allows us to take on other projects that we wouldn’t otherwise tackle . I’d be lost without the 2 FEL tractors I have , one has a forklift mast that can go on in place of the front loader not to mention  truck with a crane that becomes another “pair of hands” doing all sorts of stuff..... maybe we create a thread showing off some of this stuff....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2156 on: May 23, 2021, 09:31:57 PM »

And I know you know pressure washers. What is the least pressure out put a 3k psi pump can be turned down to/operate at?

Have vinyl siding needs a little clean up, want to use water, without a chemistry cleaner.

Thanks in advance

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2157 on: May 24, 2021, 03:55:16 AM »

And I know you know pressure washers. What is the least pressure out put a 3k psi pump can be turned down to/operate at?

Have vinyl siding needs a little clean up, want to use water, without a chemistry cleaner.

Thanks in advance

Pressure can be tuned down to hose garden hose Pressure

4ways to control pressure

1. Step back.  Pressure on surface drops dramatically over distance

2.  If it is a gas engine, slow down the motor.  It will pump less water and pressure will drop

3.  Use a nozzle with a bigger hole.  This will also drop pressure without dropping water volume.  This is my preferred method

4.  Turn the unloader knob counter clockwise,  pressure will drop as will volume.  Least favorite method as folks will overadjust the unloader when raising pressure causing too high of spike pressure when trigger is shut off

Note, it takes more pressure to clean if you don't use detergent and it is harder on your siding

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2158 on: May 24, 2021, 06:25:31 AM »

Thanks in advance

Pressure can be tuned down to hose garden hose Pressure

4ways to control pressure

1. Step back.  Pressure on surface drops dramatically over distance

2.  If it is a gas engine, slow down the motor.  It will pump less water and pressure will drop

3.  Use a nozzle with a bigger hole.  This will also drop pressure without dropping water volume.  This is my preferred method

4.  Turn the unloader knob counter clockwise,  pressure will drop as will volume.  Least favorite method as folks will overadjust the unloader when raising pressure causing too high of spike pressure when trigger is shut off

Note, it takes more pressure to clean if you don't use detergent and it is harder on your siding

Good stuff, it is gas driven, will try that one.  The unloader info was also helpful. Explanation, " high of spike pressure when trigger is shut off" .. thumbs up

Any suggestion for the detergent, lots of plants, I have cars she has plants .

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2159 on: May 24, 2021, 06:55:51 AM »
So the guys building the gate at one of our engineer's new house are very slow. Archie pushed over the temporary one and was digging his way out under the main road fence when Kristi saw him on their security cameras. So Archie spent the afternoon in the office.