Author Topic: Coffe and Coke Drinkers  (Read 6518 times)

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
Coffe and Coke Drinkers
« on: March 18, 2021, 03:06:03 PM »
I don't drink much Coke or carbonated beverages these days maybe every couple months I'll have one but I do drink (one) iced coffee every morning. Mrs J.A.F.E. brought home a new Coke flavor a couple weeks ago Coke with coffee and I just tried it. It is quite tasty I have to say. Probably a witches brew of horrible chemicals and I'll end up a zombie with seven hands just from a single can but then I'll be able to wield more tools at one time so maybe not all bad.

If you drink this kind of crap might be worth a try.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline bonneyman

Re: Coffe and Coke Drinkers
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 03:40:38 PM »
When they had the "Cola Wars" of the 1980's I went for Pepsi. Then Coke countered with the new Coke, and I thought that was a sign of weakness. And I didn't really like it. Then they re-released the original formula as "Classic Coke", and I was like, "Who the heck is running the company?" Of course, Pepsi tried Pepsi Clear - which tasted so much like chemicals I'm surprised i didn't grow 10 extra eyes and a tail.

During this time I tried Royal Crown cola. Really liked it. Down through the years I've always opted for RC cola if it was offered. In many places it wasn't. Now they've come out with a  caffeine free diet version which by golly tastes really good. The Mrs. Agrees. So Coke can kiss my grits! (Though I will admit I like both Coke's Vanilla and Cherry varieties.)

My new diet really frowns on soda anyway so I'll probably be carbonation free from here on out.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 05:10:20 PM »
RC is good just can't find it many places. I used to eat in a Peruvian place that sold a Peruvian cola called Inca Cola that was pretty good. Mostly these days I drink iced tea or iced tea and lemonade.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 06:16:19 PM »
Pretty sure most here will not even know what i am talking about. But for the ones that will, the best Cokes every were nickel, fountain cokes, syrup & carbonated water.

Sold at the drug store counter, soft drinks not had one for 30 years
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 06:16:32 PM »
RC is good just can't find it many places. I used to eat in a Peruvian place that sold a Peruvian cola called Inca Cola that was pretty good. Mostly these days I drink iced tea or iced tea and lemonade.
Rc cola is fantastic

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 06:24:50 PM »
I haven't drank a soda since they got rid of Lime Coke. I hate the diet sodas so I either drink coffee or water with lemon. One note about McD's fountain coke is that they have their special mix on the syrup ratio and they have a larger diameter straw than anybody else. That is why it tastes so good.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 06:52:11 PM »
Rc cola is fantastic

I don't know what it is. RC has been around forever, and tastes great. But it's never gotten real big like Coke and Pepsi. It couldn't just be marketing, could it?

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 07:49:24 PM »
Rc cola is fantastic

I don't know what it is. RC has been around forever, and tastes great. But it's never gotten real big like Coke and Pepsi. It couldn't just be marketing, could it?
And they do not have the ability to scale up production

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2021, 08:05:04 PM »
When I was a kid in the mid-60's we would visit our uncle on his hog farm in Iowa. Fond memories of riding in the farm truck hauling hogs and stopping at the feed store at the elevators and he would buy me and my brother bottles of Mountain Dew. It was a treat because MD wasn't available in SoCal. Bonus was we had plenty of energy to help with the chores. :dance:

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2021, 08:14:46 PM »
RC, at one time known as Royal Crown, is owned by Kuerig Dr Pepper. I would think they'd have the resources to get it some prominence but who knows. It's not often I see RC at a restaurant or convenience store fountain. Usually just bottles.

Pretty sure most here will not even know what i am talking about. But for the ones that will, the best Cokes every were nickel, fountain cokes, syrup & carbonated water.

Sold at the drug store counter, soft drinks not had one for 30 years

I grew up with a corner drug store on the street that had a soda fountain. Cherry coke was the best. Plus all the rest of stuff you buy and a dollar would get you enough to od on sugar and still have change.

Offline muddy

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2021, 08:15:39 PM »
Thanks for sharing this jafr. I'm more of a Pepsi guy but I'll have to see if I can find it local.

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2021, 08:21:48 PM »
When i was in Cuba in had real cola made directly from the cola nut.
Bloody fantastic, the comparison is, does fanta taste like orange juice?
That flavor still haunts me 6 years later.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2021, 08:28:14 PM »
DN the Mountain Dew was an investment then for him.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2021, 08:30:31 PM »
When i was in Cuba in had real cola made directly from the cola nut.
Bloody fantastic, the comparison is, does fanta taste like orange juice?
That flavor still haunts me 6 years later.

And you didn't bring any of that cola back for the rest of us?

Never had Fanta. But I like Orange Crush and Grape Crush.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2021, 08:35:40 PM »
No coffee for me.

In this order, and all Can glass bottle or fountain if I can help it.
Most sodas taste like crap from a plastic bottle, and even worse poured from a 2ltr into a glass especially with ice.
Mountain Dew
Mello yellow
Squirt
Orange crush
RC cola
Coke.

I kind of started to prefer Mellow Yellow over Mountain Dew,  but it's been unavailable near me for at least 6 months and honestly Mountain Dew will always be my favorite.

I hate diet soda and I firmly believe 10000% that coke zero is the exact same thing with a new label, I have tasted both and theres no convincing me otherwise.

I'm not into citrus sodas like 7up or Sprite, but the original Sierra mist is okay if they still make it,  that Sierra mist naturals stuff my mom likes is disgusting.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 08:41:12 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn