Author Topic: Coffe and Coke Drinkers  (Read 6541 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: Coffe and Coke Drinkers
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2021, 08:42:27 PM »
When i was in Cuba in had real cola made directly from the cola nut.
Bloody fantastic, the comparison is, does fanta taste like orange juice?
That flavor still haunts me 6 years later.

And you didn't bring any of that cola back for the rest of us?

Never had Fanta. But I like Orange Crush and Grape Crush.
I wonder if fanta still offers a cola ?
I know they actually came about after Germany could no longer get coke during the war.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2021, 09:15:03 PM »
I can appreciate a good cup of coffee but I don't go out of my way to make or buy one.

Coke
Pepsi
Dr. Pepper
Mountain Dew
7 Up
Sprite
Root Beer

Down for whatever...
boop/bop/beep

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2021, 10:22:32 PM »
Never got into coffee, though a nice cup of tea now and then is fine. What I don't get is the drive up Starbucks thing. Every SB has a line - or two - waiting to get java. And a new chain opened up in town lately (Dutch Bros.) . Geez those locations are backed up too!

Must be the caffeine addiction. :character0029:

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2021, 11:28:42 PM »
Never got into coffee, though a nice cup of tea now and then is fine. What I don't get is the drive up Starbucks thing. Every SB has a line - or two - waiting to get java. And a new chain opened up in town lately (Dutch Bros.) . Geez those locations are backed up too!

Like most things coffee is an acquired taste. I never drank it until I opened my business. I was the sole employee and couldn't leave so on the way to work I'd get an iced coffee at AMPM in one of those buckets disguised as a cup. It lasted almost all day and I needed the lift.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2021, 12:20:21 AM »

Like most things coffee is an acquired taste. I never drank it until I opened my business. I was the sole employee and couldn't leave so on the way to work I'd get an iced coffee at AMPM in one of those buckets disguised as a cup. It lasted almost all day and I needed the lift.
I eat a king sized payday bar when I arrive at 2:30 am, and drink mountain berry blast powered throughout the day with a high carb lunch ( more like breakfast,  at 6:30am )
Caffeine may do a better job but it seems to happen more at once than gradually like I get with my current " ritual ", and I have found the dependance on Caffeine to not be worth it.

My buddy was working the night shift, but quit after maybe 6 months because he was getting unhealthy with his diet and the dependance on Caffeine was really messing him up.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 12:22:56 AM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2021, 07:49:31 AM »
I drink coffee during the winter months, normally Starbucks Dark roast, one large, maybe 2 cups a day.  Black, no sugar, like the taste.  Buy the coffee at BJ's wholesale club

During warmer weather, Diet Dr. Pepper is preferred

I am drinking more water and cutting back on the soda but that is easy for me during the winter

As to the popularity of the fancy coffee houses, I indulge every now and then, I can taste the difference, most make a very good cup of coffee
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 07:52:03 AM by fatfillup »

Offline highland512

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2021, 09:30:31 AM »
I have always thought RC to be a very midwestern drink, with RC and RC cherry being my favorites. I have fond memories from childhood of the football coach taking the whole team to the local pizza place where we would punish the pizza buffet and guzzle pitchers of RC from the fountain.....good times.

Still to this day southern Indiana and Kentucky are the only places I see RC on a large scale and even available at the fountain (my favorite way to consume it) 

Offline Rusty

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2021, 09:50:31 AM »
Aubrey tried the Coke with Coffee she seemed to like it. But working 12hr night shifts as a nurse in a nursing home you need all the boost you can get.

Hate to admit it but I've drank coffee all of my life. Literally mom used to have a pic of me drinking milk with coffee out of a bottle. When we were kids the "adults" would add enough coffee to make our milk brownish to get us to drink it. I'm talking real milk here just squeezed that morning with 2 inches of butter fat floating on top of the jar.

Lots of years pass with everything from Turkish eat it with a spoon and get sleepy a week later to Starchucks with their burnt beans. Of all the good West coast coffee shops, why did Starchucks catch on?

Oh tried a new one last week. From Coffee Bean Direct  they call it Zombie Cure. Full bodied great aroma smooth flavored no bitter or burnt tastes to it. Made it in the Keurig using a fill yourself pod came out great (quick for Aub to take to work with her,)

French pressed some for me to sip on. Came out very nice and mellow. Note for those oddballs like me. Add a splash of Honey Liqueur to it at the end of the day for a nice relaxing night cap. 

RC and Moon pies the southern treat. The Cherry is good but my all time favorite RC was back in the 70's when they came out with lemon RC.  loved that stuff.

Side note RC was very common in Athens Greece in the late 70's early 80's.

Found a pic of a Lemon RC can.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 09:59:16 AM by Rusty »
"Those wars are unjust which are undertaken without provocation.
 For only a war waged for revenge or defense can be just"

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2021, 01:59:36 PM »
Aubrey tried the Coke with Coffee she seemed to like it. But working 12hr night shifts as a nurse in a nursing home you need all the boost you can get.

Hate to admit it but I've drank coffee all of my life. Literally mom used to have a pic of me drinking milk with coffee out of a bottle. When we were kids the "adults" would add enough coffee to make our milk brownish to get us to drink it. I'm talking real milk here just squeezed that morning with 2 inches of butter fat floating on top of the jar.

Lots of years pass with everything from Turkish eat it with a spoon and get sleepy a week later to Starchucks with their burnt beans. Of all the good West coast coffee shops, why did Starchucks catch on?

Oh tried a new one last week. From Coffee Bean Direct  they call it Zombie Cure. Full bodied great aroma smooth flavored no bitter or burnt tastes to it. Made it in the Keurig using a fill yourself pod came out great (quick for Aub to take to work with her,)

French pressed some for me to sip on. Came out very nice and mellow. Note for those oddballs like me. Add a splash of Honey Liqueur to it at the end of the day for a nice relaxing night cap. 

RC and Moon pies the southern treat. The Cherry is good but my all time favorite RC was back in the 70's when they came out with lemon RC.  loved that stuff.

Side note RC was very common in Athens Greece in the late 70's early 80's.

Found a pic of a Lemon RC can.
gol durn it rusty. ya need to post more often. when ya actually start ramblin we learn something.

you tell them wippersnappers about lemon rc cola!
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2021, 02:44:05 PM »
I liked the lime cola I would probably love lemon cola. Lemon is second favorite artificial flavor.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2021, 03:45:32 PM »
A&W root beer ICED mug
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2021, 08:08:24 PM »
Anyone have Vernors?  Paging Torqueman and Hofferwood.
boop/bop/beep

Offline Rusty

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2021, 11:06:20 PM »
Vernors Ginger Soda/Ale?  Easy Walmart.com or amazon.com  one of the best tasting ginger ales. Sold local in most stores.

One of the nearby malls still had a AW Root beer stand in their food court in the 90s.

A local pharmacy still had the soda fountain open before covid not sure if it still is or not.

https://m.facebook.com/allenspharmacychillicothe/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 11:12:50 PM by Rusty »
"Those wars are unjust which are undertaken without provocation.
 For only a war waged for revenge or defense can be just"

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline muddy

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2021, 09:00:22 PM »
This is my annual Friday breakfast that and a breakfast sandwich and eatable cookie dough form rutters.

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Offline Rural53

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2021, 03:26:05 AM »
Mello yellow

We haven't had Mello Yellow here in NZ since the 90's. RC is available here. I used to drink it occasionally as a treat.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 03:27:45 AM by Rural53 »