Author Topic: secret santa 2022  (Read 3882 times)

Offline bonneyman

Re: secret santa 2022
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2022, 04:53:35 PM »
Yowza, Santa must have started near the east Coast and dumped the heavier items first!  :))

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2022, 05:17:23 PM »
Those colapsable magnetic trays are awesome ,I got a set from muddy last year in my SS gift and am thinking about getting another set because I love them so much.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline muddy

« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2022, 08:51:35 PM »
Very nice gifts I received!

A three piece trim tool set, a pair of nice heavy Stanley utility knives (which is great because I can't find mine for the life of me).

A 6" T Square, a custom leather coaster and am eye candy sticker.

Thank you so much Hickory!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2022, 10:22:18 PM »
I'm so glad you like the gifts.
Hopefully the coaster works out well, I loaded the leather with so much Obenauf's heavy duty leather preservative that it shouldn't have any issue with moisture.

That little pry bar / scraper is one of my favorite tools, but since I bought mine for $6 they've almost doubled and it was only a couple extra dollars for the 3pc set I just went that route.
I'm sure they probably do that on purpose,  why buy just the one when you can spend just a little more and get 2 other tools.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2022, 08:15:13 AM »
you are welcome my 1/4 drive loving friend. i was hoping that was an orphan that would find a new home. enjoy the north dakota snacks.  they seem to be a hit with all who try them.

I'll be gone tomorrow,  so I opened my package when I got off work today.

There's some snacks to try, a flashlight I'll put in my toolbox,  a little pocket pry bar to try out,  a nice NOS pair of Crescent USA slipjoint pliers, and a nice William's Superatchet for the 1/4 collection.

The William's m51 has been on my 1/4 ratchet list for awhile now, but they always pop up on Ebay at the wrong time.
 this one is in pretty good condition too, better than any examples I've seen for sale lately .

I must say it's a much smaller ratchet than I imagined, it will be my smallest 1/4 ratchet to date and I like it.

A big thank you to whoever sent me this package, and I hope everyone here has a great Christmas.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2022, 08:27:06 AM »
bonneyman was good to me!

a snap-on? pocket phillips. a snap-on reversible screwdriver, ferret ratchet, 3/8 extension, 5/16 flare wrench, a couple universals and  10mm socket followed by a nice big prot 1/2 ratchet,

the cream of the box was the blue point  sae rethreader sets for course and fine threads.

a fine assortment of iron from sunny arizona!

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2022, 08:30:53 AM »
Wow, bonneyman definitely did you up right with lots of good stuff.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2022, 08:32:28 AM »
I thought it might have come from you.

Thanks a bunch.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2022, 09:48:38 AM »
bonneyman was good to me!

a snap-on? pocket phillips. a snap-on reversible screwdriver, ferret ratchet, 3/8 extension, 5/16 flare wrench, a couple universals and  10mm socket followed by a nice big prot 1/2 ratchet,

the cream of the box was the blue point  sae rethreader sets for course and fine threads.

a fine assortment of iron from sunny arizona!

Glad you like them!

Snap-On makes a good tool, but I never thought the special features were worth the additional cost. Though I do snag any Snappy I find when out looking for other tools.
The ratchet I got at a Goodwill. Put it in the rotation, but the handle was too small and weird shaped for my taste. A layer of heat shrink tubing didn't help. So it routinely got passed over. Hopefully you can use it.
The Extension, universal and socket were gathering dust (Who doesn't need a 10mm extra socket)?
The 2-in-1 driver has a great handle shape, (as does the pocket phillips) but I've got so many Enderes drivers I threw them into the package.
The 5/16" open end/flare end was an experiment. I come across many 5/16" screws, and thought the thicker OE and the angled flare end might help with tough fasteners. Never used it for work, and now don't need it. Likewise with the swivel 5/16" socket. (I checked the Snappy website - they still make the OE-FE combo wrenches but don't go smaller than 3/8". So that one is a rare bird).
I figured you could use the pair of thread chasers on the farm. I've had them 2 years and never had them out of the pouches.
Finally the Proto 1/2" rat was found on top of a bunch of shoes and clothes at a going out of business sale. Within a couple of days it would have been tossed in the trash. So I took it. The handle was a bit buggared so I put some heat shrink on it. And the action ended up butter smooth after cleaning and lubing. I have several 1/2"er rats so I threw it in as an extra.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 09:54:26 AM by bonneyman »

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2022, 10:20:37 AM »

[/quote]

Glad you like them!

I figured you could use the pair of thread chasers on the farm. I've had them 2 years and never had them out of the pouches.

[/quote]

ha, hope you don't jinx yourself now. they are something you don't use often. i have a few odds and ends and it seems that you may use them a few times in a short time and then not for a year or so. then all of a sudden one day you need them again.  i suppose it depends on how bad you wreck stuff!

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2022, 07:43:13 AM »

Glad you like them!

[/quote]

ha, hope you don't jinx yourself now. they are something you don't use often. i have a few odds and ends and it seems that you may use them a few times in a short time and then not for a year or so. then all of a sudden one day you need them again.  i suppose it depends on how bad you wreck stuff!
[/quote]

I'm covered, Harlan. I've got some other thread chasers around here somewhere.

And Hickory, if you want to disassemble that Williams ratchet for service, it's a bit of a trick. Just let me know, and I can post the steps.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2022, 08:12:18 AM »
 I got the plate off no problem with a pair of snap ring pliers, and it was spotless inside so I just gave it some super lube and called it good.

If the selector and pawl do come out, I'd definitely love to know how.
I assume the pin comes out then the rest unscrews?
Always lookin' to learn

Offline muddy

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2022, 09:43:39 PM »
Just want to say, looks like everyone got some great stuff. Thanks for organizing it Harlan!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk