Author Topic: Milwaukee Customer service  (Read 488 times)

Offline muddy

Milwaukee Customer service
« on: August 30, 2023, 09:54:48 PM »
The other week I lost my cordless soldering iron. Come to find I accidentally knocked it into my trash can and it went into the dumpster. Luckily I pulled it out before the truck came :))

Anyway that day it quit working on me. I filed a warranty claim through Milwaukee. I must say this is actually easy. Just set up an account and fill out the info needed. I didn't need my receipt or proof of purchase (which is good because those were long gone). It goes by your serial number.

They pay for shipping both ways and it usually only takes a week for repairs and return. This is the second time I warranted a tool with them. I'm guessing with the soldering irons it doesn't pay to fix them so they swap out a new one.

My hat's off to them great service!

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman

Offline walrus

Re: Milwaukee Customer service
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 05:16:34 AM »
I've warrantied Batteries, no issues at all. Also a small flashlight failed, I guess they had issues with them, got brand new one, has worked great for several years. Just bought a new 1/2 inch Fuel M18 drill, I finally killed my old one or should say I wore out the forward reverse switch. Owes me nothing, outside in the rain and snow, can't tell how  many 1 1/8 holes(3/4 conduit) it drilled in to steel J boxes, but probably over a thousand. Hammer drill was used a ton drilling 1/4inch anchors. The new one is smaller and more powerful. Haven't seen any of their US made hand tools yet but should be filling display racks at HD soon.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 05:36:09 AM »
Did I read that right Walrus? Milwaukee is bringing some production back to the US? If that's the case, I'm all in of replacing my 15-20 year old Skil tools. They're getting long in the tooth, and Skil no longer supports them. Time to upgrade.

Offline walrus

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2023, 11:18:01 AM »
Did I read that right Walrus? Milwaukee is bringing some production back to the US? If that's the case, I'm all in of replacing my 15-20 year old Skil tools. They're getting long in the tooth, and Skil no longer supports them. Time to upgrade.
Handtools are now being made in Wisconsin, or should I say some hand tools. They are supposed up up the amount of different tools as  time goes on.HD gave up Klein for Milwaukee. Haven't heard about saws??

https://www.wuwm.com/2022-08-11/milwaukee-tool-begins-making-hand-tools-in-the-u-s-a-first-for-the-company