Author Topic: New tastes  (Read 651 times)

Offline john k

New tastes
« on: December 29, 2022, 04:33:05 PM »
I have heard that ones tastes change as we age.   My taste in cars certainly has, music, not very much.  Recently I brought home from the grocery store a small fruitcake.  Had some practically made of wood,  and others surprisingly tasty.   This little one is very good,  is soft, not real chewy, great aroma,  however this may have something to do with the 3/8 cup of rum I poured on it yesterday.  Just guessing?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 04:36:50 PM by john k »

Offline jabberwoki

Re: New tastes
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 06:21:28 PM »
Oh yeah or brandy.
Love a good fruit cake .... not the woke kind tho.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline muddy

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 09:48:14 PM »
Never had fruitcake. Popular opinion seems against it. Now brandy on the other hand...I like.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 07:53:47 AM »
I know my taste in music has broadened quite a bit.  Used to be hard rock and classic rock.  Now I listen to an alternative music station that depending on the program plays just about every type of music that you never hear on mainstream radio.  I am talking Jazz, blues, rock that isn't popular, music from around the world.  Still don't like country music :))

My taste in food has broadened also.  I used to be a picky eater but know will try most things that someone serves me.  (bugs and wacko crap excluded)

Taste in cars has broadened also. 

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2023, 12:58:37 PM »
Most fruitcake has earned its bad reputation. However, there is one exception to that rule that is well worth trying that I have had almost every year for most of my 60 years. The brand is Claxton fruit cakes. They are made in Claxton Georgia and in my part of the country are sold at Wal-Mart during the Christmas season. They are cheap and only cost $3-4 each. They also have a website and I think can be bou can get them on Amazon too.

The only other fruitcake I ever tasted that I liked was a very expensive one made by monks somewhere in the Ozarks that I bought  few years back.

Anyway, for anyone wanting to try an actual good tasting inexpensive fruitcake please try a Claxton. If you don't like a Claxton,  you don't like fruitcake.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!