Author Topic: Lost 23lbs in three months -  (Read 40653 times)

Offline fatfillup

Re: Lost 23lbs in three months -
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2021, 10:16:50 AM »
Holidays screw me up but I get back on track

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2021, 05:26:29 PM »
Great job Ray! 👍🏼
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Lost 23lbs in three months -
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2021, 10:53:36 AM »
How are all you guys doing with your weight loss and fitness/health regimes? Holidays are always difficult. What do you do to stay the course?

I’m down to 155lbs - and the numbers look good - except for a higher LDS; which is coming down, but very slowly.

I’m preparing my own Keto based cakes and pastries for Christmas, in the hope that I’ll avoid some of the sugary temptations that will surely come up during the next few weeks. Better to have a low carb/sugar desert available versus munching on traditional holiday treats.

Post up some of your ideas to keep healthy for the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2021, 03:44:01 PM »
Glad to hear you are maintaining the program. I thought I was doing a good job on losing the weight and getting below 200 for the first time in ages. Then I started gaining weight and the pulmonologist told me that I lost the weight due to a fungal infection in my lung. I'm slightly above my normal weight for years as I can't exercise much. Five minutes on the exercise bike and I am done. I try to walk good distances but currently have no stamina since my blood counts are all screwed up.

Since the anti-fungal medicine is not shrinking the mass anymore I probably have surgery on the horizon next year. Did I mention that for some reason a spore of the nastiest fungus everybody breathes in everyday stuck in my lung? After surgery I should be done with oxygen and back to somewhat normal.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2021, 04:11:33 PM »
I have plateaued at 204 or so.  My diet is low carb and low sugar and I really have no problem avoiding sweets as the pain in my hands is awful if I eat more then a smidge of sweets.

I need to exercise, haven't started yet.

I did give up diet soda and I drank a lot of it.  Have noticed my bathroom activities have improved. 

Offline walrus

« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2021, 04:00:43 PM »
My diet is more to stay out of the hospital than to lose weight. My weight has been around 270 for years now. My cholesterol is good, blood pressure excellent etc.  I won't be around any Christmas treats that contain sugar or wheat. Cookies, cakes, pies will be made from Almond Flour or Coconut flour, honey for sweetener. I will eat meat, fish, cheese, eggs, veggies, fruits and homemade yogurt. I get enough carbs to stay out of keto. It works for me I'm on my 11th year following this diet, it got me off biologics and my scopes have been good.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2023, 12:39:07 AM »
Just to give an update.  I had been way over what I had weighed in the past.  In April, 2021, I was in the low 250s, way too much for me.  I had a medical procedure in May, 2021, that seems to have had the side effect of reducing my appetite.  We just got back from a trip to Colombia for a couple of weeks and I'm currently at 222.  Hopefully I can keep getting lower.  I'd be happy to be 210-15 by this April.
boop/bop/beep

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2023, 09:13:02 AM »
Excellent news Galaxie. Those last 7-10lbs are always the hardest to tackle, but since it's a new year, the season provides some incentives for getting that last bit of weight off. Good luck, and Happy New Year!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2023, 12:34:07 PM »
I am up a few lbs during the holidays, still need to start at least walking. Even though my weight is stable, I find less muscle and more fat on the guy in the mirror.

Time to get started