Author Topic: Lost 23lbs in three months -  (Read 43499 times)

Offline daves_not_here

Re: Lost 23lbs in three months -
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2019, 11:25:24 AM »
David

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2019, 12:28:00 PM »
We have been buying and drinking the LaCroix flavored sparkling water which contains no sweeteners. They have many flavors that are really good with my favorite flavors being lemon and key lime while the wife prefers the cherry/lime. They are great with no aftertaste. You can get them the cheapest at Walmart.

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2019, 07:40:57 PM »
We have been buying and drinking the LaCroix flavored sparkling water which contains no sweeteners. They have many flavors that are really good with my favorite flavors being lemon and key lime while the wife prefers the cherry/lime. They are great with no aftertaste. You can get them the cheapest at Walmart.
They also contain no flavor

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline GNAP

« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2019, 11:31:11 AM »
Damn!! Roughly 160# at 5’8”, I’m 5’8” and about 230#............
jack

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2019, 12:03:17 PM »

Have you burned out your taste buds with some of that food and drink you post? ;D

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2019, 08:36:23 AM »

Have you burned out your taste buds with some of that food and drink you post? ;D
Probably

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2019, 01:49:57 PM »
Had my 3 month follow-up with the doctor today. She was very happy as my weight is down 24lbs and my A1C or blood glucose average is the lowest it has been in years. She eliminated one med and cut another in half as blood pressure is running a little low and my cholesterol is also low.
The effort of changing the way I eat paid off handsomely and I plan to keep at it. Thanks to Goodfellow for the guidance and inspiration.   

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2019, 02:02:20 PM »
Great news DN!!! those are amazing results -- good luck to you.

Offline muddy

« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2019, 08:16:13 PM »
Well Mandy failed her glucose test. This means she has gestational diabetes (diabetes that happens while pregnant and most of the time goes away after birth)

This means a diet change for hee. I'm going to do this with her (although I'll be cheating more then she can) well see how it goes. Who knows maybe I'll feel better.

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2020, 12:16:57 PM »
How’s everyone doing with their dietary changes? I know a few of you tried the Keto (or as in my case - modified Keto) diet. I’m still holding in there after almost two years and it’s worked wonders for weight loss, and high blood pressure, and most of all lowering my blood sugars to normal levels again.

I made the lifestyle change and as last year, the usual Christmas weight gain did not happen. Kept steady at 160lbs-162lbs - my ideal weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2020, 01:54:30 PM »
Doing great Ray and thanks for asking. I am maintaining a steady 195lbs and blood sugar is below 100 most mornings. I spent most of my life around 220lbs but I had a lot more muscle mass due to the hard work and heavy lifting I used to do. Your guidance and help made the difference in my dietary changes. I don't consider it a diet but a permanent diet change. I feel good all the time and the energy is up.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2020, 02:22:27 PM »
Doing great Ray and thanks for asking. I am maintaining a steady 195lbs and blood sugar is below 100 most mornings. I spent most of my life around 220lbs but I had a lot more muscle mass due to the hard work and heavy lifting I used to do. Your guidance and help made the difference in my dietary changes. I don't consider it a diet but a permanent diet change. I feel good all the time and the energy is up.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2020, 02:24:34 PM »
I decided to start a 30 day detox regimen using red clover along with a vegetarian diet, no sugar or caffeine, and some anti-oxidants and several anti-inflammatories. Half way through, have lost 6-7 pounds, feeling better overall, and blood pressure averaging around 130/70. Though I am feeling a bit weak on the stamina side.
Gotta hold out to the second week of February then I can stop the clover and ease back into fish and lean turkey. While not diabetic (or pre-diabetic) sugar is something I need to avoid as it raises the blood pressure and I don't want that.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2020, 08:08:49 AM »
Been a  year for me and the Mrs and we are doing ok but I will say the Christmas season wreaked havoc on my diet.  I have gained a few lbs, up to 206 but will get it off.  Darn sugar is so addictive and destructive.  My hand pain came back, though not as bad and is subsiding, and thankfully, no knee pain.  You could literally see the swelling in my wife's hands and also on her heels.  We were bad over the holidays. 

One thing we have learned is eating well takes some planning and that is something neither of us is good at.  I do more of it then she does though she is the primary dinner cook. 

We need some easy snack suggestions.  Evening is our worst time.  I'll eat some organic peanut butter and that satisfies me but would like some other suggestions for low carb, low sugar snacks. 

And here is a suggestion for a dinner side dish that we eat a lot of.  Quinoa, its pseudo grain that is high in protein and fiber, gluten free and not hateful as far as carbs go.  It is often referred to as a rice substitute.  It is easy to cook but is rather bland unless doctored up a bit.  When we make it, my wife will make about a cup to cup and a half at a time.  She will cut up a whole onion and 1/2 to a whole green pepper and just add it to pot with the quinoa.  Salt and pepper to taste, a teaspoon of chicken bouillon and some poultry seasoning.   Add twice the water as the amount of quinoa, bring to a boil and let simmer for 20 minutes.  when done, stir in a little olive oil.  We then put that on the plate as a bed and put chicken on top of it.  Darn tasty and everything cooks pretty fast.  I mam sure there are lots of other ways to prepare it, we just haven't gone further yet. 

Ray, thanks for starting this thread as it has been added motivation for me to eat better.  I am definitely seeing the results and we haven't taken it to the extreme.  We are mainly trying to avoid sugar, carbs and processed foods.

No if I could only exercise regularly,.

https://www.livescience.com/50400-quinoa-nutrition-facts.html

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2020, 08:44:58 AM »
I like both Atkins and ThinkThin meal bars. Being both use soybeans (and with the current bad harvests in the Midwest) prices have gone up on them. They take a bit of getting used to, but several varieties really help with my "chewing" cravings.
The Atkins coconut bar is very close to a Mounds candy bar, and the chocolate candies are just like M&M's. The ThinkThin brownie crunch and peanut butter bars are quite good as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Atkins-Endulge-Treat-Chocolate-Coconut/dp/B001D1HIK0/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&aaxitk=YWo2mr4muCCwAKF16m8L6g&hsa_cr_id=4316067460201&ref_=sb_s_sparkle_slot