Author Topic: Long Beach Swap 12/11 Edition  (Read 5001 times)

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
Long Beach Swap 12/11 Edition
« on: December 12, 2018, 01:10:59 AM »
The last Long Beach swap of the year. A little less than usual bit quite happy with the findings.

A Hot Wheels 59 El Camino - my favorite year for the El and as close to having one as I'll get. Three P&C ignition wrenches. Don't tell Jabb but they are destined for his mailbox. An unusual Cornwell ratchet - mopre on that in a moment and a piece of spring steel. No idea what it's indedn use was but it looks handy for removing some drawers and rebuilding ratchets.

]

Now to the Corny ratchet. It's a compact ratchet ratchet 3/8 in a 1/4 body. Have to look up the model number - the marking is rubbed off.

On the way out I found this Panavise arbor press. It's a model 502 1/4 ton and retails about 150. Needs some cleanup but quite a score.

People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline d42jeep

Re: Long Beach Swap 12/11 Edition
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 06:39:13 AM »
My Cornwell shorty 3/8” ratchet is one of my favorites so I recently picked up the larger one at an estate sale. Great find on your part.

-Don

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 08:34:59 AM »
I've got two 3/8 in a 1/4 body ratchets by neither is a flex. I don't think Bonney made a 1/4" flex rat so going that route to "make" one is out.

The old Corny's have begun to wear on me. I may have to start watching for those.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 10:39:16 AM »
Around here Cornwell is almost as hard to find as Gray. Good ratchets though and worth the effort to find them.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline lauver

• Proto Bet'R Grip Whore
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 11:40:44 AM »
Jafe,

Cornwell and Gray tools are almost never found in my area either.  I can understand the absence of Gray tools, but there should be some Corny tools out here.  I know there is a Cornwell franchise in my area.  So what gives?
When my wife leaves me, my dog dies, and they repossess my home, I'll still have my tools.

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 12:17:59 PM »
I have a Corny 3/8" in a 1/4" body that gets used around 60% of the time. Most of the rest is a regular Cornwell. And while I have a flex I can't remember the last time I used it.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 12:57:27 PM »
lauver you would think so. I have seen a Cornwell truck around here on a few occasions and there was one at Long Beach swap for a while but I think the dealer was liquidating the inventory. He was not the easiest guy to deal with so I gave up after a while and never found out what was up.

bmwrd0 I tend to use a flex most of the time. I guess I must think it gives me the most flexibility.

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 10:16:05 PM »
Looks like a TRF42A

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 10:22:28 PM »

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2018, 05:30:37 PM »
Never seen a single Cornwell tool in person, and only one Gray tool ( which just plain belonged with you ).
Those Cornwell ratchets are so nice looking, I will have experience one at some point in my life.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2018, 06:20:27 PM »
They are some really good ratchets. I think everyone should have at least one.