Author Topic: Vintage recent finds  (Read 3727 times)

Offline crankshaftdan II

Vintage recent finds
« on: December 05, 2018, 12:49:27 PM »
As stated--seems like the hex drive tool was somehow related to Blackhawk/Snappy/Williams that I once had???   Has  a "D" stamped on end and 962 and "HARDENED" on shaft-maybe a Ford item?

Wright tool 81900 has two listings on flea bay-but no good information-looks to be cad. plated and like it could be used for brake work.

Any help appreciated! O:-)

Offline mrbill

Re: Vintage recent finds
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 02:44:29 PM »
CFD,

Those Wright tools are for Curtiss-Wright and not Wright Tool.  I suspect it is a WWII-era aircraft tool of some sort.

Bill

Offline crankshaftdan II

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 03:41:17 PM »
Mr Bill==Thanks a bunch, will check that out!

I found out on the other 962 is a Herbrand tool-had to use some wd-40 and it cleaned right up--looks to be the Herbrand underline diagional which is back in the 1920's or so which might make it for model a or t's?   Will do some more research!   Thanks again...........Cranky

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 08:58:58 PM »
So what was the 90 deg bent flat tip used for? I can't see it being tapped into a tight space with a hammer.
Perhaps a pry tool or groove cleaner?

Offline lauver

• Proto Bet'R Grip Whore
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 11:28:10 PM »
Cranky & Bman,

Could the Wright- right angle tool be an offset screwdriver tip or maybe a brake adjuster spoon? 

Whatever it is, it is a specialty tool of some sort & purpose.  And, probably related to aircraft... not automobile, motorcycle, or bicycle.

Could it be an adjustment tool for a flux capacitor :-\
When my wife leaves me, my dog dies, and they repossess my home, I'll still have my tools.

Offline crankshaftdan II

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 02:30:20 PM »
Cranky & Bman,

Could the Wright- right angle tool be an offset screwdriver tip or maybe a brake adjuster spoon? 

Whatever it is, it is a specialty tool of some sort & purpose.  And, probably related to aircraft... not automobile, motorcycle, or bicycle.

Could it be an adjustment tool for a flux capacitor :-\

L  sorry I did not get back on this sooner--it was actually i.d.'d on the dark side as someone over there had one on a different thread.   It is actually a Curtis-Wright valve rocker assy adjustment wrench for airplane engines!   Dodge co. in chgo also made the same tool with the exact part # and it was marked as dodge co 89500 they too made plane engines for the war effort in ww2.   If you are over there the complete picture etc. is explained in detail by other member's much more versed in aircraft tools than myself.