Author Topic: Covers Company  (Read 8705 times)

Offline bonneyman

Re: Covers Company
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2018, 11:38:45 AM »
Just sent an email asking for information on the Covers Company to the Bedford, Ohio historical society. Hopefully I'll get some "actionable intelligence"!  :)

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2018, 03:52:45 PM »
Bingo - I got a hit! A plumbing warehouse in Cleveland Ohio has been around since 1933, so, I took a shot hoping somebody from there might know something about Covers company in Bedford (a suburb).

http://www.lakesidesupply.com

Here's their reply to my email:

Thank you for your inquiry.

We have some basic information on the Covers Co. and have a few tools from the company in the museum. Covers Co. was started in the 1930s by Harold and Helen Maguire. The first products were metal and rubber plug for leaks in hot water tanks and boilers. They also covers for vehicle radiators and that is how the company got its name. They also made plumbing tools and were known for the Covers wrench. While it had been in business for many years, Covers Co. was  not incorporated until 1961. Following the founder's death in 1968, management of the company was taken over by the family. The business closed in 1996.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 05:39:25 PM by bonneyman »

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 07:11:14 PM »
You got some good info there.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 02:12:23 PM »
Here's my latest addition - a Cover's Company lock nut wrench.