Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 669652 times)

Offline fatfillup

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #795 on: May 13, 2019, 09:21:48 AM »
I agree, Rural you dodged a bullet, good for you

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #796 on: May 13, 2019, 02:08:29 PM »
Spent the day with the wife, just wandering around town and talking about new plants to put in. Then finally took down the front storm windows.

Now I am drinking beer! Might finish off the 6x48 belt sander later or keep working on the power hacksaw I got from Greyson.

What are you doing to the belt sander?
Bringing it back from the dead. Right now, deciding on up or down:

Will probably go with it down, but I need to reconfigure the bench/stand.

But also starting on the power hacksaw:

Online Rural53

« Reply #797 on: May 13, 2019, 04:43:03 PM »
Probably not the correct place for this but too good not to share.

Insult of the day (in a Facebook discussion that is getting heated)...

"You're a cabbage and not one of them fancy expensive purple cabbages either "

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #798 on: May 14, 2019, 10:07:49 AM »
Wow that thing is looking better already. I didn't think it had any paint on it.

Greyson

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #799 on: May 15, 2019, 02:10:50 PM »
Put on my jacket and gloves, grabbed my umbrella, played some Bob Seger on my phone, and walked in the rain to the post office to pick up the vintage husky 3/8 set i ordered.

Oh the things we do for tools  :))
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Papaw

• Old Wrench Freak
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #800 on: May 15, 2019, 09:49:28 PM »
Been a little down lately, so I have been shooting birds and squirrels out the window into my back yard.
Red Bellied Woodpecker by Noel Hankamer, on Flickr

Bluejay by Noel Hankamer, on Flickr

Cardinal by Noel Hankamer, on Flickr

I see you by Noel Hankamer, on Flickr

Female Cardinal by Noel Hankamer, on Flickr
Owner and Administrator of Tool Talk

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #801 on: May 15, 2019, 10:19:05 PM »
Been a little down lately, so I have been shooting birds and squirrels out the window into my back yard.
Red Bellied Woodpecker by Noel Hankamer, on Flickr

Bluejay by Noel Hankamer, on Flickr

I see you by Noel Hankamer, on Flickr

Female Cardinal by Noel Hankamer, on Flickr
Some real great shots you got there.
I had lots of fun as a kid watching squirrels and imagining what they were up to and what they were thinking.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline slip knot

« Reply #802 on: May 15, 2019, 10:40:53 PM »
Some nice picks noel. Do y'all ever see the green jays that far up the coast.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #803 on: May 15, 2019, 10:46:08 PM »
Great shots papaw. I would love to see Cardinals around here but we don't get them. First birds to arrive in spring are the Robins and then the Killdeer. Bald Eagles show up Feb. to Mar. when calving starts. They love the afterbirth.

Online Rural53

« Reply #804 on: May 16, 2019, 03:46:09 AM »
Great photos Noel.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #805 on: May 17, 2019, 08:51:29 PM »
Yesterday i installed the replacement front bumper cover on my dad's truck, and today I took him to see John Wick Chapter 3 and it was excellent.

Now if you like violent shoot em Up's with lots of blood, knife, and gun play then this is the movie for you.
All of the gun handling is pretty much spot on, nobody is holding their gun at a weird downward or upward angle, and they actually reload often as they should.
Of course the lack of recoil shows up in every action movie, but overall they got lots of thing right in this series so far.
Keanu Reeves has dedicated to learning proper 3 gun tactics / techniques and it really shows.

Always lookin' to learn

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #806 on: May 18, 2019, 06:16:02 AM »
Birds and squirrels love them, love all the critters that run the back yard. Have a bird feeder hung in a tree, cable and pulley.

The challenge, is to keep the squirrels out, don't mind them feeding on the ground. But as most know they hog the goods..

Have a spot fixed (limb) and have moved the feeder for the 4ih time. I know how the win this battle. It is all about the flight path and good old gravity.

Make the distance far enough from the launch pad. As the air speed drops and gravity takes over the squirrels sees the bird feeder pass above him. :-\

Yesterday move the feeder out from the tree trunk about another ft. Cleared the squirrels runway from the launch pad .. branches
 So today we will see Mr squirrels  shows up on time about 08:30.

Pawpaw,

What is the lens you're using, make, power, f? nice and clear. I like the shots very much, taking pictures that look like you are viewing the subject as standing there is a talent.

Nice work

Anyone else here see the UFO last night, it flew overhead here @ 2200 .....?...... it was ours, the space station, that baby was hauling ass.

Pep

1776 ................... what happened!

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #807 on: May 18, 2019, 12:27:53 PM »
[snip]
Anyone else here see the UFO last night, it flew overhead here @ 2200 .....?...... it was ours, the space station, that baby was hauling ass.

Pep

It is hauling - the orbital speed is about 1700 mph and it's about 250 miles above the surface of our little rock.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #808 on: May 18, 2019, 01:32:34 PM »
[snip]

Pep

It is hauling - the orbital speed is about 1700 mph and it's about 250 miles above the surface of our little rock.

I think the alien posted it in his speed. It is traveling roughly 17,000mph and takes 90 minutes to complete an orbit of our rock. Go to this website and put in your location to see the dates and times it will pass over or near your location.

https://www.heavens-above.com/PassSummary.aspx?satid=25544&lat=38.954&lng=-119.765&loc=Minden&alt=1450&tz=PST

You can also go to spaceweather.com to track the visible satellites. Cool stuff.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #809 on: May 18, 2019, 04:04:38 PM »
Ooopos! I did drop a 0.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.