Author Topic: The King of Michigan  (Read 6852 times)

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
Re: The King of Michigan
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2020, 05:13:17 PM »
Yea, that's the guy!  :-[
Nick
Yorktown, VA

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2020, 06:37:46 PM »
Yea, that's the guy!  :-[

That picture tells you everything you need to know about the guy -- and to top it offf, his nickname at VMI was "Coonman".
That proud institution will never be the same, because not only did the future governor attend the school, but the husband of the "Pussy Hat" leftist restaurant owner who booted Sarah Huckabee Sanders and family from her establishment, is a Professor at VMI as well (hint: he's also a soyboy male  "Pussy Hat" supporter).

Offline highland512

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2020, 07:56:13 AM »
Ralfie is a tall guy and being that his nickname was coonman I always figured he was the individual with plaid pants.

Offline RustFarmer

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2020, 09:54:32 AM »
Finally, Emperor Whitmer does the right thing for some of rural Michigan.  A little late, but hopefully small business in the upper peninsula and northern lower peninsula will be able to survive.  Most of the lower peninsula remains closed.

"Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is allowing restaurants, bars, retail stores and offices to reopen with new restrictions by Friday"

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/gov-gretchen-whitmer-reopen-northern-michigan-memorial-day-weekend

"House Speaker Lee Chatfield, R-Levering, called Whitmer's new order a "positive step" but added the "the vast majority of Michigan is still held captive in the nation’s worst lockdown."

State Sen. Ed McBroom, R-Vulcan, welcomed the news but questioned why it hadn’t come sooner for the U.P., where public health officials have confirmed far fewer COVID-19 cases than other parts of the state. As of Sunday, four U.P. counties had not confirmed any cases and only one — Marquette — had confirmed more than 50 cases since mid-March."

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2020, 04:52:46 PM »
I have really been on the fence as to opening up businesses as I really don't know the health consequences but know we have to adapt and get back to work. 

Heard a bit of a radio show today that really made sense.  We went in lockdown to flatten the curve so health care wouldn't get overwhelmed.  Well, we did that and now have excess capacity in health care so time to open.

Not only that BUT, (and I only go by what I heard, no research on my end) but apparently folks are dying at a pretty good rate because they won't or can't get treated for other ailments because of the lockdown.  And I am sure that is true to some degree, just don't know the extent. 

It is time to open up, at least a little at a time and get folks back to work.  Lots of folks are hurting

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2020, 05:36:51 PM »

.........It is time to open up, at least a little at a time and get folks back to work.  Lots of folks are hurting

Lots of small businesses won't open back up. My usual barber shop is calling it quits. Several smaller restaurants and some small government consulting companies I know personally are all out of business.

My wife and I were lucky that she has a friend who is a hair stylist, and she came over to the house to give us a much needed cut. These folks are hurting and its time to open the economy back up so they can rebuild their lives and bank accounts.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2020, 05:54:43 PM »
At what point is the quarantine going to start killing more than the Wuhan? I read a story about drug ODs and suicides being way up nation wide.

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2020, 06:38:05 PM »
At what point is the quarantine going to start killing more than the Wuhan? I read a story about drug ODs and suicides being way up nation wide.

...plus -- child and spousal abuse is up as well. Being cooped up in close quarters with family members who are under great stress is often a recipe for disaster.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 07:56:58 PM by goodfellow »

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2020, 06:53:46 PM »
Sounds like Whitmer is in talks with the Biden campaign to be his VP, so, she's gotta start looking nicer.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2020, 09:10:20 PM »
Had a lady come by the place today to check out our barn. She will probably bring her two mini-donkeys here this weekend. She has a mobile bartending service and everything she had scheduled has been cancelled and the emperor governor has not allowed bars to re-open yet. She is afraid she would have to give up the donks as they stay at the daughter's place but she has to move as the house is being sold. The lady can't afford the boarding rates at places in the valley so we are cutting her a break on the price and she is thrilled. We were not going to see her suffer over this dang shutdown by losing her animals.

Offline highland512

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2020, 07:56:24 AM »
Sounds like Whitmer is in talks with the Biden campaign to be his VP, so, she's gotta start looking nicer.

Uncle Touchy is looking for a way to win Mi, I think she has pissed enough people off it wont help much.