Author Topic: The Next Door App  (Read 4805 times)

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
The Next Door App
« on: May 22, 2020, 05:54:03 PM »
I've been on Next Door for a month, gotten a three day ban once and won't be surprised to get another.  First time, there was a thread started by a black woman about thirty crying racism against some old white lady.  She referenced being "harassed" in someone else's thread, then started her own thread with pictures of this eighty year old woman walking her dog and claimed this woman harassed and threatened to kill the OP's dog.  When I asked her what happened, she wouldn't answer.  I continued to ask her what happened, and told her that would be the first thing the police would ask if she filed a police report, as several people were urging her to do.  She continued to dodge my question...at one point comparing herself to the 25 year old black man shot dead in south Georgia.   Then others ganged up on me, insisting she doesn't have to say what actually happened.  I guess that shouldn't have surprised me, but it did.  Since when did the common person become so incapable of using logic, especially when so many of these racism stories are fabricated?

Anyways, I finally stopped posting in the thread, then two days later received a message that I was getting a temporary ban.  So Next Door has no issue with this woman posting pics targeting this old lady, but because I was trying to get the truth, I get the ban.

Today, I was pushing back on the ones who believe we must continue to shelter in place indefinitely.  Now the thread has disappeared from my view, and I'm assuming another ban will follow.

I was born in 1970, but I imagine this is a little like 1930s Germany!   ???
boop/bop/beep

Offline bonneyman

Re: The Next Door App
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 06:18:47 PM »
Right is wrong, wrong is right.

There's no reasoning with these people. Just read a story about some total loonatron who said she'd vote for Biden if he boiled babies and ate them.  :c029:  This is the level of bat crap craziness that the country is half full of.

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 08:06:33 PM »
keep up the good fight. Truth needs to be exposed.
Rich

Offline slip knot

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 10:01:16 PM »
yeah, the truth is now considered hate speech. I just don't see this ending good for the country.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 09:52:25 AM »
You must fight for truth, justice and the American way or is that racist now. I have no apps downloaded on my phone and don't do the social media thing. GG and one other forum is about it for me as far as putting anything online.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 12:30:07 PM »
You must fight for truth, justice and the American way or is that racist now. I have no apps downloaded on my phone and don't do the social media thing. GG and one other forum is about it for me as far as putting anything online.

10-4

I was never into the "social media" thing at all. Even friends I've known for YEARS are truly shocked I don't have a smart phone. I told one friend, " Smart phones make dumb people". The proliferation of wi-fi thermostats, every thing possible going to you smart phone, and this latest thing with Zoom being the cat's meow has me stumped. I'm trying as hard as I can to reduce or eliminate all the electronic crap in my life - seems like just about everybody else wants to get more. Now I'm reading about the booming business of sex robots and I can't believe what I'm hearing.  :33:

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 04:22:04 PM »
[quote author=bonneyman link=topic=2683.msg29818#msg29818

I was never into the "social media" thing at all. Even friends I've known for YEARS are truly shocked I don't have a smart phone. I told one friend, " Smart phones make dumb people". The proliferation of wi-fi thermostats, every thing possible going to you smart phone, and this latest thing with Zoom being the cat's meow has me stumped. I'm trying as hard as I can to reduce or eliminate all the electronic crap in my life - seems like just about everybody else wants to get more. Now I'm reading about the booming business of sex robots and I can't believe what I'm hearing.  :33:
[/quote]

Ain't that the truth amazing to watch, and they bitch about the price of gas, and spend 4-5 hundred a month for crap. Phone that can not hold a call and TV that selling garbage ........ I don't give a rats ass about tampons

LMAO
Pep
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 05:14:39 PM »
" Smart phones make dumb people".

It really depends on the individual. The dumb ones tend to get pissed when they ask me something that can be answered with a calculator or a quick web search.

If you're not an idjit they're pretty useful. Almost worth having just for the camera. And the camera in the front the idjits use to take selfies is good for looking behind things. Internet on them is useful but definitely ain't a replacement for a real computer. I've also got a OBD-II dongle and a thermal camera attachment for mine.

Offline walrus

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 05:34:26 PM »

10-4

Get off my lawn  BTW isn't GG social media?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 05:37:11 PM by walrus »

Offline RustFarmer

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 10:14:09 AM »
and this latest thing with Zoom

Zoom is currently worth more than the world's seven largest airlines combined!

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/zoom-boom-biggest-airlines/

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 10:41:26 AM »
" Smart phones make dumb people".

It really depends on the individual. The dumb ones tend to get pissed when they ask me something that can be answered with a calculator or a quick web search.

If you're not an idjit they're pretty useful. Almost worth having just for the camera. And the camera in the front the idjits use to take selfies is good for looking behind things. Internet on them is useful but definitely ain't a replacement for a real computer. I've also got a OBD-II dongle and a thermal camera attachment for mine.

Certainly, when used as a tool they can be extremely useful. But when the take over your life then it's gone beyond a tool to being subservient.
I just realized that last week when my computer locked me out due to an unused password code. Took the technician almost a week to get things straightened out, during which no internet. Was kinda tough, but it showed me my dependence.
I had a co-worker tell me once he didn't need to "know" anything as all he had to do was say "Hello Google" and his smartphone would find anything for him. That was pretty spookey!

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 10:48:33 AM »

Get off my lawn  BTW isn't GG social media?

Kind of. I don't define specific-topic forums as the "social media" I avoid. Facebook - now that is a beast!

I belong to several specific forums (tool, bicycle, shaving, etc) simply as a means to learn more about the topic and teach others what little I know. I don't share my whole life on there. Personal info and pics, specific medical facts, and the like I never post on the web. Because once it's out there it's there forever. And anybody with the knowledge can access that information for any purpose they want even nefariously.
I don't post anything on line I wouldn't want my mother to hear about. If she knows I love Bonney tools and am old-fashioned no biggie.  :D

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 11:01:07 AM »
and this latest thing with Zoom

Zoom is currently worth more than the world's seven largest airlines combined!

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/zoom-boom-biggest-airlines/

Lots of companies could say that at one time. IBM, AOL, ZEROX, MySpace just to name a few. Now they are all former shells of themselves, if they even exist. I figured TESLA would have gone under by now but it's still limping along. LYFT and UBER I pegged for flashes in the pan.
Far too many companies that are all hype and fanfare tend to burn through hard currency fast and rarely last for decades. If a company doesn't actually produce an actual tangible commodity, I don't invest in it. Sure, companies manufacturing goods can still go under, but those outfits that don't provide tangible goods can quickly - and quite easily - be replaced. And any investment in them just evaporates.

Offline Barks

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2020, 11:58:30 AM »
Had an old guy, who had made a few millions, tell me don't buy any company or its stock if it doesn't have a loading dock.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2020, 02:45:54 PM »
Had an old guy, who had made a few millions, tell me don't buy any company or its stock if it doesn't have a loading dock.

Don't buy the stock if it doesn't have a dock! :PDT_Armataz_01_37: