Author Topic: Question For TH350 Folks - Trans 'Hops' in Reverse  (Read 7373 times)

Offline wilbilt

Re: Question For TH350 Folks - Trans 'Hops' in Reverse
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2019, 06:43:24 AM »
I would think/expect, the date of delivery begins the warranty period. No company (example) builds stuff, with a 1 year warranty sticks it on the shelf.

Six months later it goes out the door, and the warranty. Expires 6 months from date of transfer to the customer.

They would not last very long. I think that is what is called a scam, for sure a crook.

Pep

The warranty specifically states it is from the date of purchase. I contacted them after purchasing and asked why it was taking so long to ship. They told me they build to order and don't have them sitting on the shelf. It really doesn't matter at this point, as the 90 days are long gone.

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2019, 08:38:04 PM »

The only issue with this transmission is that it 'hops' in reverse. Not a smooth application of power, it is like it shudders. The problem is exaggerated if backing uphill.

I called TCI and was told the issue was likely caused by trapped air behind a reverse servo piston or something and that it would work itself out.
Thoughts?

When you stated you bought a kit I thought of the pieces and part to assemble one but it appears by the rest of the thread the trans came assembled. I would have to conclude you had a torn seal in the direct(i believe the direct also applies the reverse) , or it has a problem in the pressure control circuit. Usually the low/rev has a way that produces additional pressure for reverse and especially when backing up a hill. Did the pressures noted on this documentation note that when in low or reverse the line pressure was elevated compared to 2 and d?
Rich

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2019, 07:55:24 PM »
We need pictures of that classic!
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.