Author Topic: Our county makes Nat'l news  (Read 11398 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Our county makes Nat'l news
« on: July 29, 2020, 04:06:19 PM »
I'll start with a word of caution. If you are posting about a subject or article that contains a hashtag # in front of letters or words, don't use the hashtag and letters in your post as bots can pick it up and post it to that hashtag page or site. It just happened with a story in our county that has now gone nationwide at least probably due to the bots.

Our county library posted the agenda for their upcoming board meeting which stated they were going to address diversity and put their support behind hashtag black lives matter. The Sheriff heard about it and got rather upset and in the last sentence of his response said the library should forget about bothering to call 911. I fully agree with everything he wrote in his response except for that last part. He has been a good Sheriff in his 1st term and I spoke with him quite a bit before he was elected. This has now blown up nationally and who knows if we will now be targeted for protests which would be a huge mistake in my opinion for those who would try to cause trouble.
No hashtag on these links so I hope they are OK.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nevada-sheriff-library-911-calls-black-lives-matter

https://www.recordcourier.com/news/local/librarys-proposed-diversity-statement-sets-off-blacklivesmatter-debate/

Online Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
Re: Our county makes Nat'l news
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 04:34:45 PM »
I saw that story, and agreed with the message the sheriff was trying to send.
boop/bop/beep

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 06:41:47 PM »
The Sheriff heard about it and got rather upset and in the last sentence of his response said the library should forget about bothering to call 911. I fully agree with everything he wrote in his response except for that last part.

I agree 100% with that last part. These criminals lives matter nutjobs want to eliminate peace officers so give them exactly what they're asking for. No police protection whatsoever.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 07:08:54 PM »
Yeah the war on police has been getting pretty bad lately. I agree with him 100%.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 07:29:38 PM »
Yeah the war on police has been getting pretty bad lately. I agree with him 100%.

This war on police has gone farther than it should have. I still think he would have been better off not saying forget 911 for the library. That only gives ammo to the lib pukes and troublemakers even if it was a valid statement. It would have been hard to argue with his well thought out response if he had left that out.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 08:36:33 PM »
Hopefully your county us too small and out of the way for them to bother you.  Stay safe

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 09:19:14 PM »
They tried that crap over at the next county from us. The locals weren't having any of it. I've heard they were going to try again in the county south of us.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/article244506187.html

They best be on their good behavior. Country people around here don't take a lot of guff.
Rich

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2020, 11:11:18 AM »
Prior to July 4th, protestors said they were going to burn flags in Gettysburg.  The motorcycle clubs said it wasn't going to happen.  A buddy drove through Gettysburg on the 4th and said he saw folks carrying AK's and AR's on the streets.  Don't think any flags got burned.

Protestors better stick to the cities that don't mind as the non progressives are getting fed up with this crap and my money is on the non progressives.  Notice I didn't say liberals as I believe there are liberals who are tired of this crap as well

Online Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2020, 12:35:49 PM »
Prior to July 4th, protestors said they were going to burn flags in Gettysburg.  The motorcycle clubs said it wasn't going to happen.  A buddy drove through Gettysburg on the 4th and said he saw folks carrying AK's and AR's on the streets.  Don't think any flags got burned.

Protestors better stick to the cities that don't mind as the non progressives are getting fed up with this crap and my money is on the non progressives.  Notice I didn't say liberals as I believe there are liberals who are tired of this crap as well

The silent majority is tired of all this crap, and is ready to roar.
boop/bop/beep

Offline slip knot

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2020, 01:17:55 PM »

The silent majority is tired of all this crap, and is ready to roar.

I think we're just one major event from that happening. As we get closer to November the uglier its going to get.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2020, 02:22:55 PM »
Time to break out the hoppes #9 and get cleaning!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2020, 11:09:10 AM »
Since the protesters will be coming here by buses on Saturday the Sheriff and county has laid out the area where the protests are to take place. The protesters will get one side of the courthouse/sheriffs office/jail complex and the counter protesters on the other side. We'll see how that works out as I'm sure the counter protesters will out number the protesters. The wife is following along on the community social media pages and it is hilarious with all the people saying that I heard this and I heard that. I can't wait to see how it all shakes out.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2020, 12:12:19 PM »
Best case scenario would be for the protestors to be ignored, they get bored and leave.  Need a contingent of backups nearby  in case they get stupid and try to destroy things.

Second best thing and is most likely, the protestors are outnumbered and figure the juice ain't worth the squeezings and pack up and leave after a couple of speeches.

Stay safe and let us know what happens

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2020, 05:47:08 PM »
I don’t understand why the cops don’t use fire hoses anymore. They used to be very successful in cleaning things up. 👍🏼 It’s hard to light a building on fire when you are sliding across the street from  the blast of a hose.
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2020, 08:14:07 PM »
Water cannons on lightly armored vehicles work very well and are used around the world. It is not too hard to figure out why they are not used here as the whiners don't want the police to use tear gas or less than lethal rounds that might bruise a peaceful protester. :021: