Author Topic: Our county makes Nat'l news  (Read 11403 times)

Offline highland512

Re: Our county makes Nat'l news
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2020, 08:21:47 AM »
These news and blm people dont get it. Smaller cities and rural communities wont put up with this crap.

We had a blm rally gathering on our courthouse lawn, I have no idea why. There hasn't been an officer involved shooting of any kind in the past decade from I can find in our county. Any ways a van with 15-20 white kids from Cincinnati showed up dressed in black with masks and signs. City police, county sheriffs, and about 25 citizens where across the street from them when a pack of about 50 riders from a regional MC showed up with MAG-lights, bats, and a FU attitude. They pulled right up to the barricades at the feet of the out of towners and all of the chants for disband the police stopped. The sheriff told the kids he could not guarantee their safety and advised them to leave.

Word on the street was the several business owners gathered up a fund to buy drinks for the MC  :))

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2020, 09:17:43 AM »
Highland, glad to hear the story

Locally, there has been ongoing BLM protests in our larger town and a few of the smaller ones in our county.  Some have been ongoing for weeks but they are basically local folks holding up signs during rush hour and have caused no problems.  The police have had conversations with them and are ok with what they are doing as far as I can tell.  I have no problem with peaceful orderly protests even if I disagree with them.

We have an issue in our church as one of our campus pastors participated in a BLM protest.  Not sure if it was sanctioned as a church activity or not but apparently it caused a problem.  We are meeting with  our campus pastor on Tuesday to find out what the churches position is on BLM.  Note the  pastor in question is black. 

In advance of the meeting, I decided to research what BLM is all about.  I would suggest doing that if you haven't already.  While they don't advocate violence, they have major supporters that do and have participated in violence.  It also has an undertone that violence is ok in certain instances.  they also say there is a systemic racism in police departments especially against black men to mention a few points.

While I have witnessed black people being profiled and harassed for no reason other then being black and believe they get the short end of the stick often and believe changes need to be made, I cannot back the BLM movement and hope my church does not. If they do, I will be looking for a new church.

IN doing my research, there is still a Civil Rights Movement that is advocating for change the correct way through legislation and voting

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2020, 10:04:21 AM »
Thanks for telling that Highland as it was probably best we had the police presence rather than the citizens handling the situation.
Phil, the founders of BLM are admitted Marxists and want to change this country by any means necessary including violence. They will only be happy with overthrowing the system and putting their people in power to totally destroy this country. BLM Chicago's founder has stated that looting is reparations as far as they are concerned and it is a good thing. Too many people have listened to the drivel about white privilege and systemic racism and want to be "woke" and assuage their white guilt by supporting the movement. This country has it's problems but violence is not the way to go about fixing them as it creates nothing but more violence and leads to a horrible conclusion.

I'm wide open to hearing about and supporting reasonable solutions to our current situation. 

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2020, 02:19:25 PM »
The info I saw was that it was founded by 3 women, 2 of which were self described queers.  Not sure if they wear brown corduroy or not but Jabber may know :))

I will dig a little further as the Marxist thing will really light my fire.  As to the looting, I did see something to that effect but didn't read any further.  My research was qu9ick and not complete, just enough to turn me off

Thanks for the info and nudge

Offline slip knot

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2020, 04:59:15 PM »
I hold the BLM as complicit in the rioting and looting just as I hold the muslims complicit with the radical islamic movement. If  your name/organization/ race/religion is being used as an excuse to justify illegal or immoral activities and the said group doesn't stand up and say "hey, thats not us" every chance they get , then they have some complicity in the crime. BLM may not be looting these places but if the looters are using that as an excuse the the BLM isn't outing them, then they're complicit in the crime.

I've seen enough from the BLM in the Dallas PD shootings a few years back to know all I need to now about them.

The bigger question is why are all these little BLM skirmishes in the communities mostly young white people? What are we missing from the bigger picture. I've seen it too many times where the very young white errr. Person state "you old white people need to stop judging people by the color of their skin" That person has absolutely no idea what equality means. So if their not out there demonstrating for equality then what is driving them?

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2020, 05:25:21 PM »
A blm representative in Chicago said today that the looting is just reparations. The people need clothes they can take them.

A lot like 1939 Germany.

And yes, Muslim silence on terrorist attacks makes them supporters.
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2020, 05:30:27 PM »
The info I saw was that it was founded by 3 women, 2 of which were self described queers.  Not sure if they wear brown corduroy or not but Jabber may know :))

I will dig a little further as the Marxist thing will really light my fire.  As to the looting, I did see something to that effect but didn't read any further.  My research was qu9ick and not complete, just enough to turn me off

Thanks for the info and nudge
One was serving time for blowing stuff up and IIRC the murder of a cop. Clinton pardoned her his last day.
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2020, 07:45:15 PM »
I'm wide open to hearing about and supporting reasonable solutions to our current situation.

The only reasonable solution is to tell the criminals lives matter crowd to pound sand. The cops ain't running around killing black folks at random. You attract the cops attention by engaging in criminal activity, and then fight them, it probably ain't gonna end well no matter what color you are.

Watch ALL of the video at this link. The "I just lost my mom" around 2:20 is a lie. Druggie career criminal geeked the fuck out. Would you risk letting him get up?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/details-of-george-floyds-death-revealed-in-police-body-camera-footage/2020/08/10/6eedf752-db3c-11ea-809e-b8be57ba616e_story.html

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2020, 10:27:22 PM »
Matt, I know that there is no reasonable solution but I make the offer anyways.
The MN AG Keith Ellison wanted to keep the body cam video from being seen as he said it would taint the jury pool. The truth is the video out in public makes his job much harder when the public can see the whole truth. Their narrative has been severely damaged by this video as it should be.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2020, 10:47:37 PM »
Ellison is a Muslim and outright radical, just like his buddy, Omar. 

What the hell is wrong with Minnesota attracting all these nutjobs?
boop/bop/beep

Offline slip knot

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2020, 11:42:50 AM »
 Thats how the war on police works. Show just enough of the events to get everyone enraged. Then at the trial the jury sees all the evidence and turns the cop loose. The media plays it up as a cop got away with killing the guy and nothing happened to him. Been that way for several of these shootings now. Stupid people are easily misled.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2020, 02:51:21 PM »
Ellison is a Muslim and outright radical, just like his buddy, Omar. 

What the hell is wrong with Minnesota attracting all these nutjobs?

You can thank Bill Clinton for that during the era of Blackhawk Down. He started shipping them all to MN as they had some good welfare benefits and was fiscally in good shape. A couple of decades later and the area of MPLS/StPaul is just like Somalia. Weird how that works, huh. :021:

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2020, 07:30:14 PM »
The MN AG Keith Ellison wanted to keep the body cam video from being seen as he said it would taint the jury pool. The truth is the video out in public makes his job much harder when the public can see the whole truth. Their narrative has been severely damaged by this video as it should be.

Jury pool had already been tainted by the video that was released to stir up shit. Real reason that AG didn't want the full video released is it makes him look very bad.

TBH I'm amazed that video still exists...

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2020, 03:51:27 PM »
Little more research on BLM.  Two of the 3 founders are Marxist trained, their own words.  Power is decentralized so BLM policy can vary from chapter to chapter.  So much for non violent.  Mckesson, one major supporter who is very vocal and well covered by the media has no problem with violence and vandalism in certain situations and supports looting as reparations.

They don't explicitly say it but they are for redistribution of wealth.  I was at a bankruptcy auction on Friday and I saw a BLM sticker on a truck.  Fellow driving it was a black man who likely owned a trucking company judging from what he bought and how well he was equipped to carry large items out.  Got me thinking, when they raise the tax rate to redistribute wealth, he may  regret his support as I am pretty sure they will be taking from the haves and giving to the have nots and they won't care that he is black and happens to be a have

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2020, 04:49:56 PM »

They don't explicitly say it but they are for redistribution of wealth.  I was at a bankruptcy auction on Friday and I saw a BLM sticker on a truck.  Fellow driving it was a black man who likely owned a trucking company judging from what he bought and how well he was equipped to carry large items out.  Got me thinking, when they raise the tax rate to redistribute wealth, he may  regret his support as I am pretty sure they will be taking from the haves and giving to the have nots and they won't care that he is black and happens to be a have

Maybe the sticker will protect him somewhat. If he had a Trump sticker they would take everything he has and burn and destroy what they couldn't. He would deserve it because they would label him an Uncle Tom or an Oreo.