Author Topic: Our county makes Nat'l news  (Read 11557 times)

Offline fatfillup

Re: Our county makes Nat'l news
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2020, 07:55:20 AM »
Well we met with the pastor and got the scoop.  Our Black campus pastor and his wife and a few members did attend a BLM protest.  They also posted some pics on Facebook and that is where the flack started. 

Our pastor made a statement that I did like and seems to be the church's position.  The church supports the slogan Black Lives Matter in the sense that racial injustice is wrong but does in no way support the BLM movement.  That is essentially how I feel

Very crafty to have a name that sounds innocent enough for a movement that is far from innocent in its intent

Offline muddy

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2020, 08:31:57 PM »

Our pastor made a statement that I did like and seems to be the church's position.  The church supports the slogan Black Lives Matter in the sense that racial injustice is wrong but does in no way support the BLM movement.  That is essentially how I feel

Exactly how I feel. Black lives matter, but the BLM movement is a joke.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2020, 09:51:09 PM »
Now a BLM agitator from So. Lake Tahoe, CA has scheduled a protest at our Sheriff's station this Saturday. I'm sure he had heard that the last protest final figures were maybe 30- 50 BLM'rs and about 1,000 counter protesters. Got word that we will joined by counter protesters from the Northeastern part of the state. There will be plenty of people there to ensure the protest stays peaceful. It would be a lot nicer here if some of the granola from CA stayed on their side of the mountains as they can be in our downtown in 30 minutes or less.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2020, 08:08:45 AM »
Crap is getting ugly.  Keep the peace and stay safe!!

One thing that amazes me is that Baltimore has been very quiet protest wise.  Little to no violence.  They did paint some  BLM murals on the streets this past weekend but the city has been quiet,,,,,,,,,,,,,well except for the murder rate which is on pace with last year.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2020, 08:31:01 AM »
Read about a couple of protesters getting shot in Wisconsin. Seems the people are getting fed up with the violence and destruction. Of course the good folks of Kenosha were being labeled as vigilantes. I prefer to call them Patriots.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2020, 03:56:33 PM »
They have now canceled their protest here but will be doing it in Carson City still as they do every week.