Author Topic: Trump NV rally canceled by airport  (Read 2831 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Trump NV rally canceled by airport
« on: September 09, 2020, 10:40:59 PM »
Trump's planned Saturday rally at a hangar at Reno-Tahoe Airport has been canceled by the airport authority. They claim the crowd of 5000 people will violate Gov. Sissylak's directive on gathers of no more than 50. The airport said the rally would be in violation of the hangar lease agreement because it violates the law. This decision has the stink of the Gov all over even though he claims it wasn't his decision. They should of claimed it was a peaceful protest planned and then the numbers wouldn't matter.

There is also a rally planned in Vegas on Sunday so we will see what happens.

https://www.kolotv.com/2020/09/08/president-trump-to-speak-in-reno-on-saturday/
https://www.kolotv.com/2020/09/10/airport-trump-rally-canceled-accusations-of-bias-follow/

Offline DeadNutz

Re: Trump NV rally canceled by airport
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 09:14:57 AM »
It appears they may have found a new destination to hold the rally. It will be 3 miles from our house as we look down on the Minden-Tahoe Airport. It has not been officially announced but the FAA has already issued a NOTAM that the airport and airspace will be closed tomorrow. The Secret Service were also reportedly at the airport yesterday.

Screw Reno and welcome to Carson Valley Mr. President.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 03:46:49 PM »
Love it
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 04:29:16 PM »
I`m so sick and tired of lib/dem bullshit.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline slip knot

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 05:25:26 PM »
I`m so sick and tired of lib/dem bullshit.

Me too Jabber, Me too.

I was having a conversation a few days ago about the Kenosha shootings and our token liberal stuck his head in and started up about the kid was a murderer. All I could think about was throat punching him to stop that drivel.  :38: But I didn't want to get fired. But I am eligible for an early retirement. :lol_hitting:

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 06:00:00 PM »
It is official now. The Trump rally will start at 7pm with the gates being opened at 4pm and you have to go online to get a ticket. I hate to say it but I don't need to be around crowds right now. The wife may want to go in but I will stay outside and display US, thin blue line and Trump flags.

Those libs in Reno can KMA.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 08:12:57 PM »
Sounds like a good plan. keep an eye out for the idjits and hoodrats. You know they'll be there.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2020, 10:50:23 PM »
The rally peaceful protest was a great event but I didn't go. Estimates are a crowd of at least 10,000 with up to 30,000 total counting the people that couldn't get in. A presidental helicopter did a flyover at 5pm and they decided the smoke from the CA fires limited visibility too much so Trump came via motorcade from Reno. He wanted to land AF1 here but the longest runway is 7399' which is a little short for the 747 plus the weight ratings on the runway/taxiway are too light. They had the parking in pastures across the hwy from the road into the airport and people didn't want to wait in long lines for the motor coach shuttles so they walked the mile into the airport. Some people walked up to 2 miles to get into the airport.

The only protesters were seen on the hwy making several trips up and down the road. Only one Reno TV station covered the entire event and that is how I watched it. The reporter inside the protest was amazed at the size of the crowd and they panned the camera quite often to show the entire crowd.  I think they did that as they have never seen the true size of these events from the media they are part of. They had another reporter and crew out at the hwy filming and interviewing people walking from the parking and showed plenty of shots of the people walking the up to 2 miles to get into the airport with everybody wearing Trump gear. One spectator interviewed stated he could not believe how many CA and other out-of-state license plates were parked out there.

Trump was also pleased with how our county stepped up to the task and the size of the crowd. Our Governor was not pleased and Trump pointed out how the Gov couldn't stop it and he couldn't stop the one in Henderson NV on Sunday. Trump also thanked Don Ahern of Ahern Rentals for the use of his large building in Henderson and told him to call if the Gov tries to start any crap with him.