Author Topic: rip ruth bader ginsburg  (Read 8048 times)

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
rip ruth bader ginsburg
« on: September 18, 2020, 09:09:23 PM »
didn't care for  her but i feel for her family and the suffering she must have gone through.

whatever happens to trump in the election, loading the supreme court may be his biggest achievement. whoever he chooses, the dems will hate it and fight him tooth and nail. appointing  a new justice may be more important long term than winning the election...............
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline slip knot

Re: rip ruth bader ginsburg
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 09:15:50 PM »
He gotta win the election first. The Dems aren't going let him name someone at this stage of the game.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 09:23:57 PM »
they won't like it  but they may not have a choice or be able to stop him.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 10:27:19 PM »
Heck yeah, pull a Hairy Reed on them. He slammed Sotomayor thru in 3 days of softball questions. McConnel should do the same. If the Dems scream, tuff!  :P

Offline slip knot

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 10:43:31 PM »
unfortunately there are some Dems in DC with an R behind their name, just look at what they accomplished with undoing obammycare. :38:

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 01:18:51 AM »
He should name a replacement at the end of September, then McConnell can hammer them through before the election.

F/ck the Democrats.
boop/bop/beep

Offline walrus

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 05:14:37 AM »
McConnel said in 2016 that no supreme court justice should be voted on in an election year and now you think he should he should push a vote before the election. Isn't being a lying sack of shit everything you hate about politicians?

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2020, 06:06:29 AM »
McConnel said in 2016 that no supreme court justice should be voted on in an election year and now you think he should he should push a vote before the election. Isn't being a lying sack of shit everything you hate about politicians?
That isn’t what he said.
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline Barks

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2020, 08:26:52 AM »

Who told you that?

• Ran when parked
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2020, 10:03:40 AM »
 ;)
boop/bop/beep

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2020, 10:58:43 AM »
Thanks for posting that as people conveniently leave out the lame duck second term part of what McConnel said.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2020, 11:24:48 AM »
I admire RGB's life of personal and professional accomplishments; she was a trailblazer for women's rights and minority inclusion. That said, her actions on abortion as a viable method of birth control, mass illegal immigration, and her efforts to legislate from the judicial bench made her one of the worst Supreme Court Associate Justices in the last 100 years. Her decisions can't be undone, but the President is correct in filling the position ASAP with a person that strictly adheres to the constitution as written and historically interpreted by the courts.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2020, 11:29:57 AM »
Now the burn loot murder crowd is ready to destroy everything if Trump nominates a replacement judge and the senate votes on it.

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/09/18/blue-checks-vow-violence-if-mcconnell-tries-to-replace-ruth-bader-ginsburg-burn-the-entire-fking-thing-down/

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2020, 03:06:02 PM »
That's the lib position on just about everything these days.
If Trump gets re-elected, burn the country down.
If the GOP even tries to confirm another SCOTUS member, burn the country down.
If they don't get eviction protection, UBI, free medical, and tuition debt forgiveness, burn the country down.
If I don't get ketchup on my fries, burn the country down.

I'm so sick and tired of the  :91:

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2020, 03:13:01 PM »

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2020, 03:13:40 PM »
Now the burn loot murder crowd is ready to destroy everything if Trump nominates a replacement judge and the senate votes on it.

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/09/18/blue-checks-vow-violence-if-mcconnell-tries-to-replace-ruth-bader-ginsburg-burn-the-entire-fking-thing-down/

They can keep on burning down their stomping ground. I doubt they would be able to get away with their anarchy where law enforcement has the backing of the population. Not sure how these individuals think but it wasn't what I was taught and tried to teach my children.

That said I agree with above. The Trump legacy will be his sc justices. Silly as it sounds, he could get even more if reelected. No one lives forever.

I do admire her drive, her ability to get things done, but the way she skewed the interpretation of the constitution was troubling.

RIP to a true trailblazer of women's rights
Rich

Offline walrus

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2020, 05:06:22 PM »
That isn’t what he said.
"I believe the overwhelming view of the Republican Conference in the Senate is that this nomination should not be filled, this vacancy should not be filled by this lame duck president," McConnell said.

You are correct, he didn't say doesn't say any lame duck president, just "this" lame duck president(obama). Interesting position and I assume thats why RBG wanted the nomination after the election as she assumed Biden will win?  You can bet Collins won't vote on a nominee before the election.

• Ran when parked
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2020, 06:05:59 PM »
boop/bop/beep

• Ran when parked
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2020, 06:07:50 PM »
That isn’t what he said.
"I believe the overwhelming view of the Republican Conference in the Senate is that this nomination should not be filled, this vacancy should not be filled by this lame duck president," McConnell said.

You are correct, he didn't say doesn't say any lame duck president, just "this" lame duck president(obama). Interesting position and I assume thats why RBG wanted the nomination after the election as she assumed Biden will win?  You can bet Collins won't vote on a nominee before the election.

If RBG want to be assured of being replaced with a liberal justice, she should've stepped down when Obama was president and Democrats held the Senate.
boop/bop/beep

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2020, 06:29:29 PM »
This is interesting -- the Amish community is known for being non-political, but they too understand what is at stake here, and by showing their public support they are making the point that they are taking it very seriously. Quite a display for a usually very conservative and culturally shy people.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2020, 07:58:48 PM »
The frothing of the libs is all I need to know that what Trump's considering is right!

Offline highland512

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2020, 07:24:14 AM »
If RBG want to be assured of being replaced with a liberal justice, she should've stepped down when Obama was president and Democrats held the Senate.

I guarantee her master plan was to step down under a Hilary presidency (the whole I am woman hear me roar thing) and when Trump won she most likely knew this would happen.

Trump and the R controlled senate will nominate and confirm a new justice before the election. This will embolden the pussy hat wearing crowd to get out and vote and will also push these riots into overdrive. Trump will respond to the riots with force this time to really drive home the law and order message of his campaign. RBG death this close to the election was a gift on a silver platter for Trump and the Republicans.   

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2020, 06:01:08 PM »
The Constitution lays out very clearly that the President must nominate a new Supreme Court justice and the Senate is to confirm or deny them. Not in a single place does the Constitution say that the President must follow a certain timeline to nominate. This whining by the dems and rinos is amazing and the threat of impeachment to try to stop it by Georgie Steponariser and apparently supported by Pelosi is even crazier. For some reason I don't even want to think about what she has in her quiver. ::)

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2020, 11:26:51 PM »
Disruption, chaos, distraction, deception, lies are among the arrows she's got. And it's all she's got. Let her and the Dems fume and spit and explode their heads. If I were Trump I'd just ignore her.

President Trump is far from perfect but I'd rather have him running things then Camel Harris - who is the real Democratic nominee.

Offline daves_not_here

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2020, 11:44:33 PM »
Since I attempt to refrain from speaking ill of the dead (with some exceptions ***coughTed Kennedy etc. cough***), I'll just say 'Welcome Amy Coney Barrett.' 

:clap:  :-* :08:  :)
David

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2020, 07:58:34 AM »
Since I attempt to refrain from speaking ill of the dead (with some exceptions ***coughTed Kennedy etc. cough***), I'll just say 'Welcome Amy Coney Barrett.' 

:clap:  :-* :08:  :)

Ditto ....... praying the Senate has the balls & a backbone to use the power they so overwhelmingly have at this moment.

The are making noise, we want the follow thru...

May Ted Kennedy rest in hell...
1776 ................... what happened!

• Ran when parked
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2020, 10:56:14 AM »

Mary Jo Kopechne seconds the motion.
boop/bop/beep

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2020, 11:43:01 AM »

I quite agree. Ted was a disaster for this country. The reason we have this ridiculous illegal immigration problem is due to Ted's 1965 Immigration Bill; which set the country up for the flood of illegal immigrants in the 1970's and 80's. Under the 1986 Amnesty Program Pres. Reagan (under pressure) made them legal citizens with the understanding that in return we could now have secure borders and selective immigration enforcement. None of those things happened, and Ted fought for unrestricted illegal immigration his whole life.

• Ran when parked
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2020, 01:52:39 PM »

I quite agree. Ted was a disaster for this country. The reason we have this ridiculous illegal immigration problem is due to Ted's 1965 Immigration Bill; which set the country up for the flood of illegal immigrants in the 1970's and 80's. Under the 1986 Amnesty Program Pres. Reagan (under pressure) made them legal citizens with the understanding that in return we could now have secure borders and selective immigration enforcement. None of those things happened, and Ted fought for unrestricted illegal immigration his whole life.

Nothing like sacrificing the country for Democrat voters.
boop/bop/beep

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2020, 02:11:55 PM »
The Democrats worst nightmare exemplified in this picture -- they can't pull the "race" or the "sexist" card on this judge. My guess is that they'll try to smear her religious beliefs; which will tick off not only Catholics, but also Evangelicals and Jews.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2020, 02:44:51 PM »
They're going after her kids. She adopted black kids because she was trying to atone for her whiteness!

Next they'll say she adopted so many because it lowered her taxes.  :33:

All they have to do is get 4 push-over RINO's to vote no and they can stop it. Expect backroom threats and blackmail like the ones they pulled on John Roberts.

Offline highland512

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2020, 07:50:09 AM »
The D's will have a hard time telling your average voter (especially the elusive suburban female)  that Amy and her family is the devil for adopting two children from Haiti. Like I said this whole thing is a blessing on a silver platter for Trump. If the D's go full crazy on her they look mean towards women and turn undecided voters off to sleepy joe. If they do nothing they piss their own party voters off which will either stay home or go vote as they would have voted anyways.

Amy will be confirmed.

• Ran when parked
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2020, 10:29:54 AM »
I obviously know Trump is hard to stomach for a lot of people, but if you look at him objectively, you'll see he's a blowhard with a huge ego, but he wants to, and most of the time does, the right thing.  Of course, Obama had an ego just as big, it just manifested itself differently.  Imagine someone who had never even ran a lemonade stand thinking he was even remotely qualified to be President after serving two years (!) in the Senate!

The Democrats are pure evil, especially after they pulled that shit on Kavanaugh a couple of years ago, as well as the other behavior they've exhibited the last few years.  The people that constantly tell us they're tolerant, talk about Trump voters as if we're the scum of the earth, and for the last four years have been attempting to negate the 2016 election results and, in effect, take away our vote.
boop/bop/beep

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2020, 10:35:59 AM »
I don’t know why Mitch is waiting for the vote. This is a farse. None of the Dems will vote for her, no matter what. Just fing vote!!! They are going to screw around and let it get to the election and we will loose some more rino’s  and she will fail.
MAGA

Offline highland512

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2020, 12:47:52 PM »
I think they (R's) are going to time this out to vote about 2-3 weeks before the election.........The D's meany paints attitude will be fresh in the undecided voters mind....or the news naritive of the R's ramming of her through will be fresh on undecided voters mind. Either way I think she gets confirmed and we shall see how it affects Trump. (My money says he is re-elected)

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2020, 02:23:53 PM »
I think they (R's) are going to time this out to vote about 2-3 weeks before the election.........The D's meany paints attitude will be fresh in the undecided voters mind....or the news naritive of the R's ramming of her through will be fresh on undecided voters mind. Either way I think she gets confirmed and we shall see how it affects Trump. (My money says he is re-elected)
:91: :41:
The Republicans rarely miss a chance to screw things up.  :38:  :41:  :91:
MAGA

Offline highland512

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2020, 03:38:32 PM »

This is true

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2020, 05:34:53 PM »

Or - as they say - the Republicans always find a way to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

• Ran when parked
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2020, 06:49:55 PM »
Truth
boop/bop/beep

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2020, 09:41:52 PM »
 :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
MAGA