Author Topic: rip ruth bader ginsburg  (Read 7959 times)

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
Re: rip ruth bader ginsburg
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2020, 03:13:40 PM »
Now the burn loot murder crowd is ready to destroy everything if Trump nominates a replacement judge and the senate votes on it.

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/09/18/blue-checks-vow-violence-if-mcconnell-tries-to-replace-ruth-bader-ginsburg-burn-the-entire-fking-thing-down/

They can keep on burning down their stomping ground. I doubt they would be able to get away with their anarchy where law enforcement has the backing of the population. Not sure how these individuals think but it wasn't what I was taught and tried to teach my children.

That said I agree with above. The Trump legacy will be his sc justices. Silly as it sounds, he could get even more if reelected. No one lives forever.

I do admire her drive, her ability to get things done, but the way she skewed the interpretation of the constitution was troubling.

RIP to a true trailblazer of women's rights
Rich

Offline walrus

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2020, 05:06:22 PM »
McConnel said in 2016 that no supreme court justice should be voted on in an election year and now you think he should he should push a vote before the election. Isn't being a lying sack of shit everything you hate about politicians?
That isn’t what he said.
"I believe the overwhelming view of the Republican Conference in the Senate is that this nomination should not be filled, this vacancy should not be filled by this lame duck president," McConnell said.

You are correct, he didn't say doesn't say any lame duck president, just "this" lame duck president(obama). Interesting position and I assume thats why RBG wanted the nomination after the election as she assumed Biden will win?  You can bet Collins won't vote on a nominee before the election.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2020, 06:05:59 PM »
boop/bop/beep

• Ran when parked
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2020, 06:07:50 PM »
McConnel said in 2016 that no supreme court justice should be voted on in an election year and now you think he should he should push a vote before the election. Isn't being a lying sack of shit everything you hate about politicians?
That isn’t what he said.
"I believe the overwhelming view of the Republican Conference in the Senate is that this nomination should not be filled, this vacancy should not be filled by this lame duck president," McConnell said.

You are correct, he didn't say doesn't say any lame duck president, just "this" lame duck president(obama). Interesting position and I assume thats why RBG wanted the nomination after the election as she assumed Biden will win?  You can bet Collins won't vote on a nominee before the election.

If RBG want to be assured of being replaced with a liberal justice, she should've stepped down when Obama was president and Democrats held the Senate.
boop/bop/beep

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2020, 06:29:29 PM »
This is interesting -- the Amish community is known for being non-political, but they too understand what is at stake here, and by showing their public support they are making the point that they are taking it very seriously. Quite a display for a usually very conservative and culturally shy people.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2020, 07:58:48 PM »
The frothing of the libs is all I need to know that what Trump's considering is right!

Offline highland512

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2020, 07:24:14 AM »
If RBG want to be assured of being replaced with a liberal justice, she should've stepped down when Obama was president and Democrats held the Senate.

I guarantee her master plan was to step down under a Hilary presidency (the whole I am woman hear me roar thing) and when Trump won she most likely knew this would happen.

Trump and the R controlled senate will nominate and confirm a new justice before the election. This will embolden the pussy hat wearing crowd to get out and vote and will also push these riots into overdrive. Trump will respond to the riots with force this time to really drive home the law and order message of his campaign. RBG death this close to the election was a gift on a silver platter for Trump and the Republicans.   

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2020, 06:01:08 PM »
The Constitution lays out very clearly that the President must nominate a new Supreme Court justice and the Senate is to confirm or deny them. Not in a single place does the Constitution say that the President must follow a certain timeline to nominate. This whining by the dems and rinos is amazing and the threat of impeachment to try to stop it by Georgie Steponariser and apparently supported by Pelosi is even crazier. For some reason I don't even want to think about what she has in her quiver. ::)

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2020, 11:26:51 PM »
Disruption, chaos, distraction, deception, lies are among the arrows she's got. And it's all she's got. Let her and the Dems fume and spit and explode their heads. If I were Trump I'd just ignore her.

President Trump is far from perfect but I'd rather have him running things then Camel Harris - who is the real Democratic nominee.

Offline daves_not_here

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2020, 11:44:33 PM »
Since I attempt to refrain from speaking ill of the dead (with some exceptions ***coughTed Kennedy etc. cough***), I'll just say 'Welcome Amy Coney Barrett.' 

:clap:  :-* :08:  :)
David

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2020, 07:58:34 AM »
Since I attempt to refrain from speaking ill of the dead (with some exceptions ***coughTed Kennedy etc. cough***), I'll just say 'Welcome Amy Coney Barrett.' 

:clap:  :-* :08:  :)

Ditto ....... praying the Senate has the balls & a backbone to use the power they so overwhelmingly have at this moment.

The are making noise, we want the follow thru...

May Ted Kennedy rest in hell...
1776 ................... what happened!

• Ran when parked
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2020, 10:56:14 AM »

Mary Jo Kopechne seconds the motion.
boop/bop/beep

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2020, 11:43:01 AM »

I quite agree. Ted was a disaster for this country. The reason we have this ridiculous illegal immigration problem is due to Ted's 1965 Immigration Bill; which set the country up for the flood of illegal immigrants in the 1970's and 80's. Under the 1986 Amnesty Program Pres. Reagan (under pressure) made them legal citizens with the understanding that in return we could now have secure borders and selective immigration enforcement. None of those things happened, and Ted fought for unrestricted illegal immigration his whole life.

• Ran when parked
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2020, 01:52:39 PM »

I quite agree. Ted was a disaster for this country. The reason we have this ridiculous illegal immigration problem is due to Ted's 1965 Immigration Bill; which set the country up for the flood of illegal immigrants in the 1970's and 80's. Under the 1986 Amnesty Program Pres. Reagan (under pressure) made them legal citizens with the understanding that in return we could now have secure borders and selective immigration enforcement. None of those things happened, and Ted fought for unrestricted illegal immigration his whole life.

Nothing like sacrificing the country for Democrat voters.
boop/bop/beep

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2020, 02:11:55 PM »
The Democrats worst nightmare exemplified in this picture -- they can't pull the "race" or the "sexist" card on this judge. My guess is that they'll try to smear her religious beliefs; which will tick off not only Catholics, but also Evangelicals and Jews.