TOOLS AND THE SHOP > GUNSMITHING/ KNIFEMAKING

The GNAP Get A New Henry Pump Action 22LR

(1/4) > >>

GNAP:
At 9:45 this morning, I called Norm (local friend and co-conspirator) and made plans to go to the Gander Outdoors/Runnings/Bass Pro Shop, in an endeavor to acquire a Henry Arms 22LR plump action rifle for the GNAP’s collection. At 10:30 am, I picked Norm up and the trek began.

First we ventured to the Gander Outdoors (former Gander Mt), they had multiple lever action Henrys, but no pump actions, so the trip of 10 or so miles to the local Runnings store, began.

At Runnings, they had 2 of the Henry pump actions, a 22 magnum and a 22LR, a quick look see and a price that was about $50 cheaper than Grander Outdoors, it was a quick decision, I said box it up. I filled out the required paperwork and DAMN!!, the GNAP slide under the radar and was approved.

While I was there, I picked up a box of 1600, of the Federal 22LR ammo, as we are in NYS, and Tsar Andy, says no out of state ammo deliveries, I did not get the killer deal, like in the other thread, but I felt that $.05 per shot was not excessive.

So this brings the GNAP’s 22LR collection to 4, a Rutgers bolt action, a Ruger 10/22, a Remington 510 Targetmaster (single shot) and the new Henry pump action.

goodfellow:
Congrats on the purchase -- 22LR rifles are the most versatile of all firearms as far as I'm concerned.

lauver:

--- Quote from: goodfellow on November 18, 2018, 03:46:24 PM ---
Congrats on the purchase -- 22LR rifles are the most versatile of all firearms as far as I'm concerned.
--- End quote ---

+1 and the most fun and cost efficient.

Good score.

slip knot:
If the build quality is anything like the lever actions that should be a sweet little rifle.

ken w.:
If I had to keep but one firearm it would be a 22 cal rifle. One of my sidelines is animal control and if regulations would let me I would use it on deer too. Quiet , accurate and deadly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version