TOOLS AND THE SHOP > GUNSMITHING/ KNIFEMAKING

A funny thing happened on my way to the store...

(1/4) > >>

bmwrd0:
I swung by the gunshop this afternoon, as I had put a few things on consignment there but hadn't heard back on most of them. I inhearited a few guns from my father-in-law (6 handguns and 7 rifles) but I had no interest in most of them, and as they werent anything he ever talked about I put them up for sale. I have been doing this every once in a while when I feel that some are just taking up space and that someone else will enjoy them. I was heading down to the shop to see what was up and if I needed to lower my prices on them. One had sold, so that was nice, but the others hadn't even been touched. So we settled on some new, lower prices.

As I was out the door, I peeked in the case and spotted something that I could be interested in, as the saying goes. Well, the man says "we could work something out", and this followed me home:

A Smith and Wesson K-38 Combat Masterpiece from 1970, a year before I was born. And boy is it clean.

Original box with serial number on it, the serial number on the grips matches, original paperwork still in box and taking a close look at it, I don't think it has been shot. There is a tiny amount of muzzle wear and a faint cylinder ring.

I don't think I would have picked it up if the others weren't selling, but chance and timing lined up perfectly.

DeadNutz:
Very nice and it looks like just holster wear or is that the reflection of the lights.

john k:
That pistol is pristine!   Hard to resist a handgun that flawless.

goodfellow:
Excellent -- what a nice revolver. In fact the K-38 is one of the most popular models S&W ever made. I have its cousin, Model 13 with a heavy 4" barrel. You will not be disappointed with that purchase. Congratulations --

slip knot:
very, very nice. I love that style S&W.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version