Author Topic: Ideal industries strikes again  (Read 1176 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Ideal industries strikes again
« on: October 24, 2021, 06:29:10 PM »
They closed Western forge, sold S-K to China, and now they have just announced that they're closing down Pratt-Read.

It's sad to see Americas oldest Screwdriver manufacturer go, and take a lot of the American made options we had left right along with it.

I may have to pick up some more of the Tekton screwdrivers while I can, because I'm positive that the Shanks were made by P-R and I quite like these screwdrivers.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

Re: Ideal industries strikes again
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 08:19:22 PM »
Definitely! Jump on getting all the pieces you want of all these closed companies, as once the word gets out to Joe public prices on the older vintage stuff from these companies are going to leave the planet!

I'm currently looking for S-K and older Craftsman metric tools (sockets, wrenches mostly) so I'm never caught without - and I can barter when times get rough.

Offline muddy

Re: Ideal industries strikes again
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 06:49:38 PM »
Definitely! Jump on getting all the pieces you want of all these closed companies, as once the word gets out to Joe public prices on the older vintage stuff from these companies are going to leave the planet!

I'm currently looking for S-K and older Craftsman metric tools (sockets, wrenches mostly) so I'm never caught without - and I can barter when times get rough.
That's stuff is starting to fetch premium on eBay as well.

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman