Author Topic: Sup  (Read 18155 times)

Offline Conductor562

Sup
« on: January 18, 2019, 10:28:11 PM »
Newbie here. My primary interests are tools, guns, and titties  >:D

Offline DeadNutz

Re: Sup
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 10:41:10 PM »
Welcome home Travis as we have missed you.

Offline Conductor562

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 11:09:00 PM »
Been a little sidetracked. Conductor Jr. was diagnosed with cancer, specifically T-Cell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma, back in September. We had him transferred to Cincinnati Children’s Hospital the first week of October and have barely been home since. I literally can’t remember my birthday sometimes.

He had a softball sized tumor in his upper chest cavity that was putting pressure on his heart, lungs, and pinching off his airway. Local Doctors diagnosed him with everything from strep throat to asthma. By the time it became obvious that something more serious was wrong, the tumor was huge and it had started in his bones. If it had went another month without detection his prognosis wouldn’t have been too good. He’s responding well to treatment and things are looking a lot better, but he’s got another year and a half of regular treatment ahead of him at a minimum. His bones are clearing up and the tumor has shrank from 16cm down to 3cm. He has a PET Scan and a bone marrow biopsy next week, so we’ll have a little better progress report shortly.

Just wanted to see some familiar faces

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 11:31:46 PM »
S*** that is scary. Hope everything turns out for the best.

Offline Conductor562

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 11:51:39 PM »
S*** that is scary. Hope everything turns out for the best.

I’ve never been so devastated in all my life. Having to tell your little boy he has cancer is not something you can ever possibly prepare for. The hardest moment of my life was when he asked me what happens when you die. Knowing he’s asking because he knows it’s a very real possibility and telling him he’s way too young to think about stuff like that isn’t a good enough answer anymore. Talk about learning to cherish every day and not taking a single moment in life for grant it.

Thank the Lord his condition is dramatically improving and his odds are good. He’s not out of the woods yet, but things are looking about as good as they can right now.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 12:22:20 AM »
Travis, we're all praying for your son and your family.  Keep thinking good thoughts.
boop/bop/beep

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 07:24:13 AM »
I am at a loss of what to say Travis. I am wiping tears from my face. God bless bless him and your family.
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 07:24:57 AM »
Travis, we're all praying for your son and your family.  Keep thinking good thoughts.

+1 - Absolutely! -- hope all goes well with Jr.

Offline muddy

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 08:48:26 AM »
Newbie?! :)) Hope all goes well with Jr. Keeping you and the family in prayers.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 08:50:04 AM by muddy »

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 09:53:52 AM »
Travis, that is very tough news to hear about your boy Jr. Just know that he and your whole family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 10:41:04 AM »
oh my. tough news to here. so glad to hear things are going better. keep us in the loop and you know you can come here to relieve some stress with us.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2019, 10:43:36 AM »
Welcome back Travis. Very sorry to hear about the young man. Thankfully y'all found it and can work on getting it treated.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 11:04:43 AM »
I can only echo what has been posted, sincerely Travis. Will have you and the family in my prayers. Sounds like things are going in the right direction, hope it will continue.

May God bless, comfort and be with you.

All the best,
Greg
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2019, 12:02:47 PM »
When I saw you are back I was pleased to see you back. Then I read the rest of the story and it is heartbreaking. I also don't know what to say but I admire your courage and hope all the prayers help - I believe they do.

People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline Conductor562

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2019, 12:45:21 PM »
Thanks guys. I tell you the kid is amazing. His strength and courage has been a real inspiration to me. He’s treated this whole ordeal like a minor inconvenience that he just wants to get behind him so he can get on with his life. Attitude makes a huge difference believe it or not.

We haven’t had any time to spend in the shop and it’s not an ideal environment for someone who white cell counts aren’t far from zero. He’s developed a love for guns and we make it a point to shoot every weekend. He got a Ruger 9mm from Santa and he saved his birthday and Christmas money and bought himself an AR. Some people scoff at the idea of a 10 year old with an AR or a handgun, but he takes safety very seriously and it keeps his mind on something other than cancer.

We built a pretty sweet 870 Tactical recently and we just ordered the supplies so we can learn to properly mount a scope (alignment bars, levels, lapping rods, etc). I guess we’re going to be kitchen table gunsmiths, lol