Author Topic: Finding tools that were bought years ago --  (Read 2777 times)

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Finding tools that were bought years ago --
« on: January 17, 2020, 08:12:36 PM »
I'm slowly starting to pack up and consolidate a lot of the tools in my garage and machine shop in anticipation of a move later this year or early next. Funny thing is that as I root through cabinets and cartons, I find tools that were purchased years ago and never actually unpacked. Today i found a complete early 2000s Craftsman SAE/Metric socket set, and Craftsman Pro screwdriver set.

Amazing!! IIRC I bought them in anticipation of Craftsman going Asian, and wanted a few USA made spares to keep in reserve. Good enough excuse I guess -- LOL

Offline slip knot

Re: Finding tools that were bought years ago --
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 08:16:21 PM »
its like Christmas all over again. ;D

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 11:38:13 PM »
Any idea where you'll be moving to, Ray?  I remember you had mentioned South Carolina at one point.  The north Georgia mountains are nice too.
boop/bop/beep

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 12:12:40 AM »
Good way to make some extra dough if you're not gonna use this stuff.
Always lookin' to learn

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 08:43:53 AM »
Any idea where you'll be moving to, Ray?  I remember you had mentioned South Carolina at one point.  The north Georgia mountains are nice too.

We like NC and SC -- actively looking for properties as we speak.

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 02:07:05 PM »

Good for you.
I do a lot of riding in western Virginia and NC and wish to get away from the coastal congestion.  With my daughter in Roanoke VA I may have a move in my future also.
Nick
Yorktown, VA

• Ran when parked
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 12:04:44 AM »

I'm sure you can find your dream house and garage there for a decent price.   ;D
boop/bop/beep

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 02:06:49 PM »
I found this new set of Craftsman screwdrivers packed in a box several months ago. It is a nice WF complete set. I was surprised to find rust spots on the shafts of a couple of driver shafts.

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 02:31:49 PM »
Nice!! - great find.

Offline highland512

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 10:44:49 AM »
Good luck with moving, packing up and moving all of your tools and equipment is such a pain in the a$$. My last move in 2017 was a huge pain, I was glad it was over and I'm still trying to find some stuff. I would suggest trying to get some big plastic totes to pack up like thing (oils, spray cans, solvents, etc) and label everything. Its also a good time to clean out, if you have a can of paint or something like that that you haven't touched in years or you think it might be bad toss it.

Also #1 rule when moving in my book. Make sure you keep one box in the truck with you with a roll of TP, snacks, a cup, and couple changes of shirts.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 10:54:31 AM »

SC is a dump ...... get to the GA mountains, can stop by and show me that JAG to me...

pep
1776 ................... what happened!

• Ran when parked
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2020, 11:27:31 PM »
Good luck with moving, packing up and moving all of your tools and equipment is such a pain in the a$$. My last move in 2017 was a huge pain, I was glad it was over and I'm still trying to find some stuff. I would suggest trying to get some big plastic totes to pack up like thing (oils, spray cans, solvents, etc) and label everything. Its also a good time to clean out, if you have a can of paint or something like that that you haven't touched in years or you think it might be bad toss it.

Also #1 rule when moving in my book. Make sure you keep one box in the truck with you with a roll of TP, snacks, a cup, and couple changes of shirts.

Hell, just moving twenty miles has been a royal PITA!   :))
boop/bop/beep