Author Topic: Covid-19 virus cases in your area?  (Read 7095 times)

Offline Heiny57

Re: Covid-19 virus cases in your area?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2020, 12:56:53 PM »
I live in Tn county that had the first case in Tennessee. So my county and town has it and Nashville, or Davidson county has loads and is growing fast. Construction is not stopping yet. Our company come up with some paperwork that I was supposed to get everyone coming onsite to sign, saying they aren’t sick with it, to fight it off.  :a102: That ain’t happening, I sent the paperwork Via email to all the subs to fill out and email back. let my computer get the virus.  :)) :))

The problem is at any given time during the day I can have 10 to 20 illegals on site. They will show up half dead to work. And they are not known for their impeccable hygiene. Unfortunately I am the one who has to try and draw stick man diagrams and sign language instructions on what to do.  :c002:

I am trying to figure out how to keep from giving this to my family once I have it. I may have to go to a hotel to quarantine.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 01:06:22 PM by Heiny57 »
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2020, 02:13:34 PM »
Damn - I wish you all the best Bob. God bless you and your family.

Some of us complain about the situation, yet we have the luxury to work from home and to stay isolated. You on the other hand are on the front lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline highland512

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2020, 02:48:48 PM »
We had a case back home but they cancelled it. "Clerical error" they said, sounds more to me like someone was trying to jump the gun to get more funding.

One case local here at the house, some dbag twenty something year old who went to Florida for spring brake. I got a chuckle from that fact if china fever is all he brought back from spring brake he was lucky  :lol_hitting:

Offline walrus

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2020, 02:55:22 PM »
Heiny, I'm not liking my me, myself and I operation right now, not sure how you handle subs, employees and especially illegals. Thats a terrible situation for you to be in. I wish the best for you but not sure that really helps.  :(

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2020, 03:07:46 PM »
Yeah 57, that sounds like a real mess. Hope you can avoid the sickness.

At the moment locally we are not in the midst of summer. I can't imagine how the HVAC guys are gonna deal with it. You gotta go out to the home/business to do the work, and when it's 110+, your job becomes "essential". Hopefully by the end of May - when the heat really comes on typically - the worst will be past.
I might even try and do some calls, as the industry will be screaming for techs and - though I'm not 100% - I'll try and make something if I can. Plumbers, too - how do they work from home?

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2020, 04:18:33 PM »
5 cases in our county according to the newspaper this morning.

Our business is considered essential as we sell cleaning equipment and supplies.  Maryland shut down but construction and cleaning goes on and most of my customers are working.  I am starting to believe a more complete shut down is in order

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2020, 05:10:04 PM »
My rural county has zero suspected or confirmed cases, and is currently considered a very low risk area.
Hopefully it stays this way.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2020, 07:01:32 PM »
Heiny, I'm not liking my me, myself and I operation right now, not sure how you handle subs, employees and especially illegals. Thats a terrible situation for you to be in. I wish the best for you but not sure that really helps.  :(

I can’t believe someone thought it would be a good Idea to make an unprotected layperson such as myself responsible for documenting people’s health, honesty, and intelligence every morning by answering 6 questions on a form and signing their name after several others have done the same. This would be the opposite of social distancing.
The virus started in the affluent neighborhood here. Business and vacation travel started it. I can see this get ugly when it gets into the illegal neighborhoods. They don’t have the wherewithal to distance themselves or reach out for help . They could really suffer the most.
MAGA

Offline slip knot

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2020, 07:20:33 PM »
Had 3 cases reported here this afternoon and everyone went into apeshit crazy mode.

My manager called me in and we devised a plan that would be almost laughable if it wasn't so crazy out there. The Dept head wanted to know how many people we "had" to have to run. I have 6 operators we need at least 3 to run. out of my 6 operators 3 are 60+ and eligible for retirement. If we go to a full lockdown those guys will probably cash out and go take care of their wives. The other 3 are fairly green. one has been with me 15 years the other two are less than a year. We may be doing the quarantine and isolation at work... This may be an interesting ride

Offline highland512

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2020, 07:46:15 AM »
Had 3 cases reported here this afternoon and everyone went into apeshit crazy mode.

My manager called me in and we devised a plan that would be almost laughable if it wasn't so crazy out there. The Dept head wanted to know how many people we "had" to have to run. I have 6 operators we need at least 3 to run. out of my 6 operators 3 are 60+ and eligible for retirement. If we go to a full lockdown those guys will probably cash out and go take care of their wives. The other 3 are fairly green. one has been with me 15 years the other two are less than a year. We may be doing the quarantine and isolation at work... This may be an interesting ride

Isolation in a midstream facility, that sounds lame as hell. I guess on the upside you should get a nice bonus if it all works out and process never stops.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2020, 01:05:03 PM »
The Mrs. work has started drawing up contingency plans just in case they have to close and have everyone work from home. She'll probably bring home a company laptop, but our home computer is capable of handling what she does. (Though our brand new printer has quit after only a month. Still trying to figure out how to fix it - I'm just not a computer person).

Here I am Mr. Fix-it and now there's something I can't do sqwat about.  :91:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 10:05:46 AM by bonneyman »

Offline ron350

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2020, 09:16:28 PM »
There is still one active printer forum left.
https://www.printerknowledge.com/forums/

Birmingham went from 91 to 386 cases in one day and now we are on lock down.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2020, 12:18:57 PM »
This is NOT social distancing!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 12:21:30 PM by Heiny57 »
MAGA

Offline highland512

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2020, 01:56:03 PM »
The city we are working for tried shutting off all construction, we are working on the waste water plant. Luckily the city manager stepped up and said no! these guys keep working. I cant even imagine what sort of problem would emerge from delay of this sorts, Im just glad we are still working.

Most of the guys that work in this industry hardly ever get sick, we have immune systems built like a tank since your always exposed little bits of everything all the time. They sent out an email alerting that you could get the china fever from waste water, my thoughts is the china fever is the least of my worries of things you could get from waste water. :beer:

Offline slip knot

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2020, 06:04:46 PM »
All those years of being an anti-social butthole was just preparation for this social distancing. I'm pretty good at having people avoid me. :cool2: