Author Topic: Fire in our valley  (Read 1666 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Fire in our valley
« on: June 25, 2020, 04:07:23 PM »
Here is a time lapse video of the fire currently burning in our valley. We are in no danger presently but if the wind pushes it over the mountains my sister lives right on the other side almost up against the mountains. 1800 acres burned in 25 hours. We live just left of center just beyond the green ag fields where the hills start.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/pyrocumulus-clouds-forming-from-wildfire-smoke/vi-BB15YdXn?ocid=spartandhp

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Fire in our valley
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 05:04:36 PM »
All the best Les -  we'll say a prayer for you and the family tonight.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 08:53:04 PM »
Oh my! Stay safe, I will have you and yours in my prayers!
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 11:21:20 PM »
Another day another fire. We are under Red Flag Warning due to single digit humidity and high winds. At 7pm a fire was reported at the very south end of the valley where Hwy 395 goes into the hills. There was a small fire in the same area last Thursday and again on Sunday. At 7:20pm a 2nd fire was reported 1/2 mile South of the first one which resulted in an evacuation of a pretty densely packed subdivision of modular homes on the Indian land.

I just looked out the back windows and the fire line extends for miles. We are in no danger as the fire is travelling mainly NE so it should stay far to the South of us but I'm worried about friends that could be in danger. The 2 donkeys in our barn just came from that subdivision area on Memorial Day so that could of saved their lives by coming here. The smoke got very heavy after I took this picture.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 09:49:03 AM »
Hope all works out for your friends.

Our mountain wildfire just passed the one month mark, 119,000 acres burned. We are far enough away that all got was some bad smoke odor for a few days, and virtually every night we can see the huge amount of orange glow. But we have friends and co-workers who live close to the base of the mountain range and have been on prepare to evacuate status for weeks. Gotta be crazy on your nerves.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 10:04:08 AM »
Fire is reported as 5000 acres this morning with zero containment. One house and 10 outbuildings lost and so far it has missed friends but rural homes/ranches are still in danger. Not much wind this morning so they should have helicopters and airtankers on it soon.
AZ has been hit the hardest already this year.