Author Topic: Do you ever spend more fixing something than it’s worth just because you enjoy it?  (Read 1264 times)

Offline m_fumich

I let my tiller sit up for too long and now I’m having to fix it. Today, it occurred to me that I’ve really enjoyed fixing it. I could have picked up another tiller for $150 that didn’t need any work. But then I’d still have a tiller that just needed a little work to be usable. I think the entertainment value alone is worth the repair cost. I should have it running tomorrow. I’ve got $170 into the repair. Hind sight being 20/20, I could have gotten by without replacing the belts and idler pulleys. But I’ve thoroughly enjoyed fixing my tiller and I like having a 37 year old tiller that runs like new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bonneyman

Yep!
Many of my projects are what I would call a labor of love. Actually, it's therapy to me. I repair or restore alot of items, and if I can give them away (or get a few bucks for them), then I'm happy. If I end up keeping it and using it myself, another win.  :)

Offline muddy

Yeah like putting $300 with of tires on a car worth $500. Been there

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
Do it all the time, most things these days, are cheap copies of what you maybe repairing.

Have a lathe and mill just for those types of repairs...... could be said that's extreme .

Maybe
Pep
1776 ................... what happened!