Author Topic: A little site publicity thanks to Rock Auto!  (Read 4238 times)

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
A little site publicity thanks to Rock Auto!
« on: August 24, 2018, 10:27:23 AM »
I forgot to share this with you guys. Every month Rock auto has a newsletter an spotlights different internet forums and web sites. This month they were kind enough to spotlight us! following is the newsletter link for you to read the article yourself. 

UB

https://www.rockauto.com/Newsletter/

You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
Re: A little site publicity thanks to Rock Auto!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 04:29:59 PM »
Very cool, UB!  :)
boop/bop/beep

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 06:13:56 PM »
I have noticed that we have a few new members that said they came here due to Rock Auto. I would like to say to them that we are recovering from a server crash that wiped out our old forum and we are in the rebuilding phase. We would really appreciate your contributions to this site.

Offline boatbum

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 08:34:29 PM »
Here I am One Of those new members that found you on Rock Auto. I haven't participated on a forum for a while and this just looked interesting.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 08:27:00 AM »
Wow, we are famous now 8)

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 10:19:54 AM »
RA did this for us with our original site years ago and I thought it very kind of them then, and now.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 10:24:59 AM »
Wow, we are famous now 8)

Kind of reminds me Steve Martin in The Jerk when he finds his name in the phone book and he runs around the gas station yelling "I'm somebody, I'm somebody."

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 10:35:04 AM »
^^^^I love that line.  "That's the kind of spontaneous publicity that makes people"  or something like that :D

I rolled when I saw that.

Of course the beginning, "I was born a poor black child"   I used that line when introducing myself at a small group Bible study once, some got it, some didn't

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 10:40:48 AM »
^^^^I love that line.  "That's the kind of spontaneous publicity that makes people"  or something like that :D

I rolled when I saw that.

Of course the beginning, "I was born a poor black child"   I used that line when introducing myself at a small group Bible study once, some got it, some didn't

Must have been years ago, these days too many people are too easily offended by something like that too! When I tell my 17 YO daughter that she is a perfectly fine looking "white girl" she bristles calling me a racist. It was just never supposed to be like that. The crap I want them to learn in school they pay no attention to, this politically correct crap they sadly swallow and become infected with the disease!  :-[

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 03:08:50 PM »
Actually UB it was just a year ago.  All white group, folks about my age with the exception of a younger couple. 

Your daughter would have hated my FIL.  He was a racist through and through, at least he talked that way and everybody knew it including my kids and his other grandkids.  They pretty much ignored him on that front. He was a real good man otherwise.  My one BIL would send him a Christmas card with a black Santa on it every year unsigned.  Always good for a laugh