Author Topic: We’re on Lockdown Again  (Read 5839 times)

Offline Cruiser808

We’re on Lockdown Again
« on: September 07, 2018, 10:43:00 PM »
This time it’s Hurricane Olivia. It’s current track puts it over the Hawaiian Islands by Tuesday as a tropical storm. We have gas and all our provisions from Lane, so I hope things will be okay. In the meantime, I’ll be glued to the Weather Channel and having updates on GG.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
Re: We’re on Lockdown Again
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 10:54:18 PM »
That really sucks. You just went through this.

Hope things go well and you don't hit.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline Cruiser808

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 11:58:25 PM »
Thanks Steve. It’s like deja vu.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 12:13:04 AM »
Thanks Steve. It’s like deja vu.

Or as Yogi Berra is attributed as saying "it's like deja vu all over again".
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline Cruiser808

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 07:21:41 PM »
Aloha everyone. Well, it’s almost for sure Hurricane Olivia is going to hit landfall on at least one one the major islands as a tropical storm. Which one is still anyone’s guess. We are prepared as best we can. Right now, however, my thoughts are with those folks in the crosshairs of Hurricane Florence. This is a life threatening storm and all those effected need to take appropriate measures to ensure their safety. I hope and pray that no one on GG will effected by Florence. Here in Hawaii, we’re in for a nasty blow, but we’ll make through okay. All Americans should now concentrate on those fine folks in the Carolina’s and pray for their safety and well being.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 08:21:41 PM »
Is GF or fatfillup in the storm path? Any other GG members?

Agreed on the safety and well being of all.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 02:01:14 AM »
I am in Louisville and heading home today.   Have not watched the weather so I have no clue.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 02:54:35 AM »
I am in Louisville and heading home today.   Have not watched the weather so I have no clue.

Hope you are out of the path.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 07:46:05 AM »
We're in the path, but by the time it reaches us, it will most likely be a heavy tropical storm. I have the generator on stand-by, all the fuel tanks in the cars topped off, four filled propane tanks, and we have plenty of supplies on hand to get us through at least a week without utility services. It's going to be a mess, but I pray for the folks on the coast -- DelMarVa peninsula on down to Charleston SC is on lockdown.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 10:41:05 AM »
Stay safe Cruiser. I hope Florence turns north to miss the east coast but for everybody in the path I hope you stay safe.

Offline Cruiser808

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2018, 11:28:28 AM »
Thanks so much DeadNutz. GF, it sounds like you’re well prepared. You and your family please be safe and give us updates on how things are going with you.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2018, 05:30:06 PM »
That's a monster headed for the east coast. Y'all stay safe.

Offline muddy

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 09:50:46 PM »
Well mostly get heavy rain and moderate wind from Florence here. Everyone in the direct path, please be safe. Prayers are with you.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline Cruiser808

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2018, 02:31:37 PM »
Aloha everyone. Well, The islands of Maui and Lanai took a direct hit by TS Olivia yesterday. Most of the damage was from flooding ant winds. We on Oahu are now on a flash flood warning from the outer bands of the storm. Flood damage and power outages have already occurred and it’s expected to last throughout the day.

That said, this Hawaii storm is nothing compared to Hurricane Florence. Florence is now downgraded to a Cat 2 from a Cat 4, but the storm surge and floods are still very real dangers. My heart goes out to all those in the path of the storm and pray for thier safety and well being.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2018, 03:17:17 PM »
Glad you are weathering the storm well.