Author Topic: The shed of doom  (Read 3194 times)

Offline AnsonJ

The shed of doom
« on: October 24, 2018, 08:48:34 PM »
Got some time to kill?  this is from almost 6 years ago, but the pictures and construction quality are epic.  sit back, stare in awe and wonder at the creation and craftsmanship.

I present to you, The Shed of Doom.

https://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php/146566-Build-to-Fail-Fail-to-Build-What-is-this-I-don-t-even

AJ
"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!"

Offline mdlbldrmatt135

Re: The shed of doom
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 05:09:53 AM »
ODL.....     I built a fort in the back yard with salvaged lumber better than that when I was like 8.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 07:21:30 AM »
LOL -- I remember that. It was all the rage on the net some years ago. Most every DIY site had a thread on it. I could never figure out whether this was a stunt or that it was an actual Korean guy who had zero experience in building anything.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 10:04:20 AM »
Reminds me of my neighbor who was Iraqi and his building projects. I came home from work one day and he had ripped the peaked roof off of his garage. A few days later I saw that a truck had delivered a large bundle of redwood lumber. So I asked him his plan and he told me he was going to build a deck on top of his garage. I immediately had visions of a large mass casualty event of Iraqis and Armenians due to a collapse.

I knew that no way would the 2x4 walls of the garage support that structure and told him if the city approved his plan it was all good even though the deck would look right down on our bathroom window and other rooms. A few days later the bundle of redwood was gone and he put a flat roof on the garage that leaked like a sieve.

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 03:35:15 PM »
That almost looks as good as the falling down chicken house I converted to a garage when I was 15.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 05:29:05 PM »
Bob Vila approved. ;D

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 08:35:17 PM »
Looks like my dad built it  :D

He's the " good 'nuff " type.
Always lookin' to learn