TOOLS AND THE SHOP > COMPRESSORS/AIR TOOLS/LINES FILTERS & MISC.

Picked up this used Eagle 5 HP 60 Gal today

<< < (2/3) > >>

oldnslo:
I have made a similar move from a well used 20gal version to this type of setup. Very nice!

You have an easy to access tank drain, which is important.

slip knot:
I've got a similiar sized compressor in my shop. Your making a good move to go this direction.

I still use all my pneumatic tools in the shop, I've got them, why not use them. Especially my auto body stuff.

DeadNutz:
After being tired of waiting for pressure to build while using air tools I decided to buy a new compressor. After checking out new ones I ended up buying the contents of a shop that were left after the wife and I held an estate sale for a widow. I got a NAPA branded Schrader Bridgeport 5hp 80 gal 2-stage compressor that was like new. I paid about 1/3 of the cost of a new one and don't run out of air now. The feature about it I really like is that the big pulley on the compressor is designed to move so much air across the compressor unit it will never get hot. It is uncomfortable to stand in front of it while it is running as it will chill you even on a warm day.

I have seen guys hook up a large compressor using just a switch. I used a fused disconnect box with the time delay fuses that are good for motors starting on the 240V power.

highland512:
I have a setup similar to this as well. Just be mindful of duty cycle while sandblasting, I got my compressor pretty hot one time while under a sandblasting hood.

Der Bugmeister:

--- Quote from: highland512 on February 24, 2022, 07:34:04 AM ---I have a setup similar to this as well. Just be mindful of duty cycle while sandblasting, I got my compressor pretty hot one time while under a sandblasting hood.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely.  That's the main reason I upgraded, knowing my smaller compressor's duty cycle was nowhere near up to the task.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version