Author Topic: Show your dog.  (Read 9693 times)

Offline m_fumich

Show your dog.
« on: January 04, 2019, 10:08:52 AM »
I take care of 45 dogs on a daily basis. This is Little Boy. He weighed 46 lbs when he came to me. His ribs were showing. He gained 21 lbs in the first 5 weeks and now he’s about 75 lbs. He sleeps with me every night. He’s a real heat bag which is good on cold nights. He’s a big baby but if two other dogs get in a fight, he will bite the nearest person.

Offline m_fumich

Re: Show your dog.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 10:20:40 AM »
This is Fiona. Someone dumped her in our yard 2 1/2 weeks ago. It took her 3 days to wag her tail. With the help of another rescue and a few generous donors, she’s going to a new home as soon as she’s spayed. She had cherry eye in both eyes and that will get fixed while they have her sedated for the spay.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 01:54:29 PM by m_fumich »

Offline kwoswalt99

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 11:06:40 AM »
This is Fiona. Someone dumped her in our yard 2 1/2 weeks ago. It took her 3 days to wag her tail. With the help of another rescue and a few generous donors, she’s going to a new home as soon as she’s spayed. She had cherry eye in both eyes and that will get fixed while they have her sedated for the spay.

Is that an Australian dog?

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 12:15:10 PM »
Nicely done @kwoswalt99

;)

Offline m_fumich

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 01:55:47 PM »
It wasn’t upside down on my phone. I tried uploading 2 other pictures and they were upside down too. But it’s fixed now.

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 02:46:20 PM »
My wife and I have a soft spot for greyhounds.  We've had three with Max, the black one, currently in charge.

Along with having our own we foster ones just off the track as they acclimate themselves to life outside the training facility and in a home before they are adopted.  It's very rewarding and they become true couch potatoes and very gentle, loving members of the family.
Nick
Yorktown, VA

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 04:31:26 PM »
This is my best friend buttercup.
She's the world's biggest baby, she's a stubborn pain in the ass, but I don't know what I'll do when she's gone.

We may say otherwise, but in all honesty she definitely runs the place.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline m_fumich

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 04:42:08 PM »
My wife and I have a soft spot for greyhounds.

You are needed in Florida. Thousands of Greyhounds looking for new homes there.

Offline m_fumich

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 04:56:45 PM »
She's the world's biggest baby, she's a stubborn pain in the ass, but I don't know what I'll do when she's gone.

I love the Staffies. We have at least 18. They don’t all get along with other dogs but they all love me. Here’s Rusty. We went to the shelter to pull another dog and Rusty reached out and grabbed my wife’s arm. That was the end of that.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 05:01:26 PM »

I love the Staffies. We have at least 18. They don’t all get along with other dogs but they all love me. Here’s Rusty. We went to the shelter to pull another dog and Rusty reached out and grabbed my wife’s arm. That was the end of that.
Pitt bulls are the only dog breed for me, they're all I've ever had.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline m_fumich

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 06:24:12 PM »
This is Spencer. He was left tied to a street sign with a bag of food next to him. Another rescue picked him up and took him to Memphis Animal Services which is the animal shelter for Memphis. I prefer to be the last option for any dog. If someone else can help, I’d rather they take on the burden. No one was helping Spencer and a friend of my wife’s asked us to help. This poor boy had diarrhea for over 6 month. The vet recommended euthanasia. They said he’d never get better. Spencer proved them wrong. He’s all healthy now except for being treated for heart worms. But he doesn’t get along with other dogs. He LOVE’S going for a ride in the car.

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 06:46:28 PM »
My wife and I have a soft spot for greyhounds.

You are needed in Florida. Thousands of Greyhounds looking for new homes, the rescue organizations will be busy and we may take in a couple.

Yes, Greyhound racing has been on the decline all over the nation for some time now and Florida is phasing it out by 2020.  While most trainers and owners take good care of the dogs they are not treated as pets.
Nick
Yorktown, VA

Offline m_fumich

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 07:27:06 PM »
I don’t have a problem with dog racing. The dogs love to run. It’s in their nature. It’s what they do with the dogs when they’re no longer useful as a revenue source that gets me.

Offline m_fumich

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 08:47:27 PM »

Your girl looks like a classic “wiggle butt.” Am I right?

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2019, 08:48:45 AM »
Here is my shop helper doing what he does best. We rescued him 7 years ago as the people didn't want him anymore due to his submissive urination problem. He pretty well stopped that as his sister doesn't boss him around like she did. He is perfectly house broke and has never made a mess in the house unless he got sick from eating a rabbit or something he caught.

Offline Elroy

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2019, 09:15:17 AM »
This is Spencer. He was left tied to a street sign with a bag of food next to him................He’s all healthy now except for being treated for heart worms

Good luck to Spencer. He has a bearded angel looking out for him  :-*

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2019, 10:41:37 AM »

Your girl looks like a classic “wiggle butt.” Am I right?
Pretty much.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline muddy

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2019, 12:27:17 PM »
This is Maxwell "Max" Humperdinck,  our German Shepard Mix. He'll be 3 in May.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2019, 02:53:20 PM »

This is Barnaby. Also known as Little Napoleon. We adopted him about 3 years ago from the SPCA. Someone had adopted him before us but returned him, as he was a pisser. Well, turns out he had bladder stones, which wasn't cheap. But he has more personality in his paw than most people. Mostly Lhasa Apso but a little bit of terrier in him also.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2019, 04:03:21 PM »
I love that chair!
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!